• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyler Murray to Arizona "A Done Deal"

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may turn out to be a great QB.

I wouldn't be the GM to bank on him being the first ever successful 5'10" QB, though
Definitely not with the first pick in the draft and already giving up on your #1 pick last season.

Reactions: gob

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying all along, this is not happening.

With that, there is a TON of chatter about it so it is giving me some pause at this point.

If the Cardinals do pick Murray #1, it will create a huge buzz and draw a ton of interest to a team who, let’s face it, really generates no interest among the general NFL fan base.

From a Cards fan, my take is trade for picks. If the Raiders want to give up #4 & #24, you take it. I think there is a lot of great talent in this draft, but no “one” player really stands out.

Bosa has shown no ability to stay healthy. How is he going to hold up against maulers on NFL o-line’s? The rest of the “top 15” talent can be mixed and matched based on team needs.

Either way, whatever the Cards do they will be ripped apart for it,

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With that, there is a TON of chatter about it so it is giving me some pause at this point.

If the Cardinals do pick Murray #1, it will create a huge buzz and draw a ton of interest to a team who, let’s face it, really generates no interest among the general NFL fan base.

From a Cards fan, my take is trade for picks. If the Raiders want to give up #4 & #24, you take it. I think there is a lot of great talent in this draft, but no “one” player really stands out.

Bosa has shown no ability to stay healthy. How is he going to hold up against maulers on NFL o-line’s? The rest of the “top 15” talent can be mixed and matched based on team needs.

He was injured one time in 3 years at OSU. He was a beast in 2016 and was basically unblockable in 2017. His injury had nothing to do with going up against some beast offensive lineman, and he's fully recovered. He will be a star in the NFL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was injured one time in 3 years at OSU. He was a beast in 2016 and was basically unblockable in 2017. His injury had nothing to do with going up against some beast offensive lineman, and he's fully recovered. He will be a star in the NFL.

Yep and if you saw his combine he is definitely worth of a top 2 pick.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People will associate him with being injury prone because of his Junior year, and because Joey has had some injuries. Doesn't make it accurate, though.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People will associate him with being injury prone because of his Junior year, and because Joey has had some injuries. Doesn't make it accurate, though.
Oh sure. It's pretty stupid, but I'm sure there are some NFL GMs praying that teams ahead of them make this mistake.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just see too much risk in it.
What can they get for Rosen. At best a late 1st rounder, maybe just a 2nd rounder.
Murray is still a risk. What if he stinks it up? Do they draft another QB in 2020?
I think the safer play is to stick with Rosen. Trade down a couple spots and collect picks. The Cards are far from competing this season, play for 2020.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oct. of 18' is long before he went to the cardinals.

Being high on a guy & shitcanning your 1st round pick from the year before are two different things.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean with that combine showing who can blame them

Oh wait...
what'd I tell you during NBA FA season....just wait until these rumors start flying for the NFL draft and fans eat them up, as well.

FOs don't tell anyone outside the organization what their real plans are. Why would they?

I remember when fans were up in arms because they reported Friend of Dorsey was sure the Browns would take Josh Allen.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, another rumor is Carr is on the trading block

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Too much noise from multiple people to completely discount it not being a real possibility.

The thing to keep in mind is when you hold the #1 overall pick you have little to gain from smoke-screening who you're going to take at that pick.

If the Cardinals want to trade down from the pick they are better off letting every team in the league know that's there intention to let teams bid on it.

If teams become convinced that you're taking Murray for example you're going to scare off the teams that might've been interested in trading up for him and the teams that aren't interested but wanted to trade up are going to call the 49ers and bid on that pick now because they feel confident that who they want is going to be there.

As far as Rosen goes it doesn't matter. You taking Murray #1 overall means your job is now tied to his success not because you moved on from Rosen after a year. If Murray becomes a star QB is anybody going to care that you moved on from Rosen at that point? The narrative goes from you being a fool for moving on from him to making a bold decision to move on from him.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYG...unless they're excited about Haskins.
That's not good for the Giants. IMO they're desperate for that position and we are looking at an underwhelming field of quarterbacks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much noise from multiple people to completely discount it not being a real possibility.

The thing to keep in mind is when you hold the #1 overall pick you have little to gain from smoke-screening who you're going to take at that pick.

If the Cardinals want to trade down from the pick they are better off letting every team in the league know that's there intention to let teams bid on it.

If teams become convinced that you're taking Murray for example you're going to scare off the teams that might've been interested in trading up for him and the teams that aren't interested but wanted to trade up are going to call the 49ers and bid on that pick now because they feel confident that who they want is going to be there.

As far as Rosen goes it doesn't matter. You taking Murray #1 overall means your job is now tied to his success not because you moved on from Rosen after a year. If Murray becomes a star QB is anybody going to care that you moved on from Rosen at that point? The narrative goes from you being a fool for moving on from him to making a bold decision to move on from him.

Good points.

With Rosen...it does matter, because you've invested a top pick to get him....granted, new regime, new QB...understood, but they really have to get something in return for Rosen imo.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not good for the Giants. IMO they're desperate for that position and we are looking at an underwhelming field of quarterbacks.

Yeah, but you have to pull the trigger on the position at some point.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you have to pull the trigger on the position at some point.
It's all about timing and going all in now only to fail sets the team back 3 years minimum. You do need to pull the trigger at some point but is it the right time? IMO the better move is a reasonable 3 year deal with a veteran not happy with their current team and save the draft picks for support roles in the trenches like offensive line.

If you're the coach you want to tread above water and keep your job until you can find your guy. If you go all in on a bad QB field you're probably going to be looking for a new job by the end of the year.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Murray doesn't pan out (and he is far from a sure thing), the Cards wasted their 1st round pick in consecutive years on a QB. That is like the Browns bad. Lots of risk. I would understand if this was like Luck at #1, but Murray is risky.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about timing and going all in now only to fail sets the team back 3 years minimum. You do need to pull the trigger at some point but is it the right time? IMO the better move is a reasonable 3 year deal with a veteran not happy with their current team and save the draft picks for support roles in the trenches like offensive line.

If you're the coach you want to tread above water and keep your job until you can find your guy. If you go all in on a bad QB field you're probably going to be looking for a new job by the end of the year.

My 1st thought for the Giants would be to trade #37 for Rosen...the caveat was, unless they were in love with Haskins.

If AZ is going to give up on Rosen after one season...37 might being attractive.