• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Long supports boy bullied at school

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears Pro Bowl guard Kyle Long spent part of the weekend making good on a pledge he made to support 9-year-old Huntley, Illinois, resident Andrew Oyston, who has had to endure taunts from elementary school kids on the bus and in the classroom because of his weight for close to three years, according to his father.

"Apart from the fact that they are really big Bears fans, they just seem like really good people," Long told ESPNChicago.com on Monday. "You can only do and say so much to try and help your kid, but at a certain point you turn your child over to the school, and for most of the day, you just hope things go smoothly.

"Andrew is a really nice, smart and energetic kid. With any place, there is always going to be some bad apples that make things not go as well as you would like."

Source: ESPN Chicago

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel horrible for the kid... young ones can be so mean and it fucks people up the rest of their lives.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle comes off as a real likable dude. Personally, I don't get why this story blew up so huge, but regardless he's clearly a good guy and I look forward to him being a Bear for a long time.