• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kubiak Canned

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing to me that you guys defend the QB play of RG3 this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its amazing to me how you cant look at the hole body of work or to the future

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is defending him? I have been as critical as anybody stating that he should have been in the playbook more in the offseason and studying film because he couldn't actually workout.

I can also look at things objectively. I have stated numerous times that RG3's overthrows, which didn't occur last season, are from RG3 not coming down on his front foot. That's a mental thing and according to those who have recovered from the injury, it takes two years for the mental side. I have bashed him for not seeing the blitz coming and that is his responsibility, along with Montgomery (that's why I'm for getting rid of Montgomery).

I can understand that when he was drafted, he had never played under center. So missing an entire offseason, to work on the fundamentals, has set him back.

If you can't see him potential, then you are blind. Even in an off year, he is still completing 60% of his passes. I can also see I can also see the mobility coming back.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you gkekoa. I know he has potential. I am just critical of him this year. I agree with you that Monty has to go. That deal he got was a joke.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'm going to give it one more try.

No one is defending RG3's play. What we are trying to tell you is that he is performing at a level that almost all young QBs go through. I've given numerous examples of the best QBs in the game and how they struggled their first few years. What we are also trying to say is that the only way the good young ones get past this stretch in their maturation process is to play through it. They have to experience different things in order to understand how to play them. You complain that he can't read defenses. To an extent, you are right. How does he learn to read defenses in the heat of the battle from the sideline? You can watch all the film you want, and that does help, but you can't really become proficient at learning the nuances of the position until you experience it on the field. Is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

The more he can experience this year, the quicker it becomes second nature for next year. If you don't play him, then you just delay the learning process. We went all in for RG3 and almost everyone of us supported the move. So we have to play this out. Maybe he doesn't pan out, who knows. IMO, based on what I saw last year, I highly doubt that. But it's way too early to give up on this huge investment we made just because he regressed his second year after suffering a devestating injury and had no offseason to work on his craft. That would be idiotic and very short sighted.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you gkekoa. I know he has potential. I am just critical of him this year. I agree with you that Monty has to go. That deal he got was a joke.

We obviously don't agree on RG3. You would rather have KC all season and think we would have a better record with him.

Why is Montgomery's deal a joke? He's not getting paid close to top ten money. He's getting paid like he starts football games but nothing crazy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty is making 3 mil a year an he is not a avg center in my opinion.

jy19, QB's will less experience are playing better than rg3 now. Every QB regresses but his mental part of the game is just not there. He cant recognize a blitz. Im not writing the guy off. Im just pointing out all of the mental errors this season. On top of that in the beginning of the year his throwing was way off b/c of the injury. We had this argument in Sept when I thought Cousins should of started the first month of the season and you disagreed. You said if he plays early he would be better at the end of the season b/c of the experience(playing time). Well its the end of the season and he is actually worst. He is making the same mistakes over and over again. I just hope this all gets fixed this offseason.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't play better last week? It will be a week by week thing for the rest of the season. I expect he will have a tough game today. Great defense and shitty conditions.

Name 2 QBs with less experience that are playing better. Wilson has the same experience and had an offeseason. Glennon? Please.....wait till he has to play a team a second time. Foles? He has been in the league longer and he will come down to earth. Foles is playing well now, but he has also stunk it up.

The only one I would agree with is Wilson. He looks very polished. Of course, with that D, he doesn't have to do much. But he still looks good. Luck and Kapernick are all struggling just like RG3.

Your expectations for both RG3 and Cousins are way out of whack.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't play better last week? It will be a week by week thing for the rest of the season. I expect he will have a tough game today. Great defense and shitty conditions.

Name 2 QBs with less experience that are playing better. Wilson has the same experience and had an offeseason. Glennon? Please.....wait till he has to play a team a second time. Foles? He has been in the league longer and he will come down to earth. Foles is playing well now, but he has also stunk it up.

The only one I would agree with is Wilson. He looks very polished. Of course, with that D, he doesn't have to do much. But he still looks good. Luck and Kapernick are all struggling just like RG3.

Your expectations for both RG3 and Cousins are way out of whack.

he is just being foolish

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought he played well in the Giants game? lol. wow. Foles has less starting experience and he is playing better just like Glennon. Foles and Rg3 came out of the same draft. Luck and Wilson are just better QBs. Rg3 has been one of the worst QBs in the league in the last three weeks.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty is making 3 mil a year an he is not a avg center in my opinion.

Monty was the second best C in the NFC last season. 3 mil is less than the average starting center. Still not sure why you believe his contract is a joke. Do you think centers play for a mere million?

jy19, QB's will less experience are playing better than rg3 now. Every QB regresses but his mental part of the game is just not there. He cant recognize a blitz. Im not writing the guy off. Im just pointing out all of the mental errors this season. On top of that in the beginning of the year his throwing was way off b/c of the injury. We had this argument in Sept when I thought Cousins should of started the first month of the season and you disagreed. You said if he plays early he would be better at the end of the season b/c of the experience(playing time). Well its the end of the season and he is actually worst. He is making the same mistakes over and over again. I just hope this all gets fixed this offseason.

Andrew Luck can't seem to recognize the interior blitz either...that's why he's getting killed.
Kaepernick has sucked for all but two games all season.
Tannehill has been worse than RG3.
Weedon...hahahahahahah
Glennon is asked very little and isn't as good as RG3.

Maybe you are referring to Wilson. You could make this argument. Then I could make the argument that he's asked to do less than every other QB on the list.