• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kubiak Canned

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is an interesting proposition.....Kubiak has been axed in Houston. He runs the same scheme as we do.....is he a candidate to replace Mike (or Kyle should both Mike and Kyle get fired)? His overall record at Houston is around .500, but that is skewed by his first couple of years there when they were terrible. He built them into a perennial playoff team until this year. If the coaching staff goes here, he has got to be considered for either the OC or the HC.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is an interesting proposition.....Kubiak has been axed in Houston. He runs the same scheme as we do.....is he a candidate to replace Mike (or Kyle should both Mike and Kyle get fired)? His overall record at Houston is around .500, but that is skewed by his first couple of years there when they were terrible. He built them into a perennial playoff team until this year. If the coaching staff goes here, he has got to be considered for either the OC or the HC.

perhaps

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not likely to happen. Kubiak would need a staff. And his offense has lost production since Kyle left.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't consider it... IF we're not happy with Mike, why would we want to replace him with his protege ?

this is the perfect topic for the http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/washington-redskins/117821-off-topic-thread.html

Slow-Clap.gif

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, for me. If I were Kubiak, given his recent health scare, I'd think of stepping away from the game for awhile, maybe for good.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Houston hires Kyle as their head coach. It would be the only way to get him out of here if Mike stays. I believe a lot of our offensive woes are due to Kyle being the OC. I would love to have Mike call plays again. The two main reasons why we are horrible on offense are Kyle and RG3 this year. The Skins are not getting rid of RG3 so lets hope the Texans take Kyle.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Houston hires Kyle as their head coach. It would be the only way to get him out of here if Mike stays. I believe a lot of our offensive woes are due to Kyle being the OC. I would love to have Mike call plays again. The two main reasons why we are horrible on offense are Kyle and RG3 this year. The Skins are not getting rid of RG3 so lets hope the Texans take Kyle.

So you don't see our oline as a major issue in pass protect?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its an issue but the offensive woes come from bad play calling and RG3 who cant read a defense yet. His accuracy was way off this year. j_y19 if Cousins played all year do you think we would be 3-9? Just curious.

I think we would be 6-6 with Cousins if we put RG3 on IR.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be an interesting twist to the whole 'who's coaching what' next year. It would definitely address the father/son complaint in a win/win fashion.

Is Kyle seriously a viable option as HC in Houston? Has anyone heard any talk about this? I'm sure they'd take him back as an OC in a heart beat. I know he was respected as an OC there, but would they actually consider him as HC material? Thoughts?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I do. I don't see any young qb doing much with this line. In fact, if cousins were in, Morris might not be doing quite so well. An injured rg3 still needs to ba accounted for.

Don't get me wrong, rg3 has had a tough season, but cousins would have also. I also question some of kyles play calling, especially in the red zone, but for me, our biggest weakness on offense is the interior line

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be an interesting twist to the whole 'who's coaching what' next year. It would definitely address the father/son complaint in a win/win fashion.

Is Kyle seriously a viable option as HC in Houston? Has anyone heard any talk about this? I'm sure they'd take him back as an OC in a heart beat. I know he was respected as an OC there, but would they actually consider him as HC material? Thoughts?

You know, I didn't think about it, but it's possible. His name has been mentioned by many as a future HC. Just not sure how damaged he got by this year. If we would have had a decent year, he would be a serious candidate.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I do. I don't see any young qb doing much with this line. In fact, if cousins were in, Morris might not be doing quite so well. An injured rg3 still needs to ba accounted for.

Don't get me wrong, rg3 has had a tough season, but cousins would have also. I also question some of kyles play calling, especially in the red zone, but for me, our biggest weakness on offense is the interior line

I feel the same way, with the second biggest weakness on offense being one more clutch/consistent receiver as a threat.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are on crack jy19 if you think Cousins cant do better and win more games than rg3 this year. Its been proven time and time again that RG3 is not an accurate passer and cant read defenses. His only strength this year was his mobility. RG3 should of have been benched multiple times this year but he wasn't b/c of all of his hype from last season and pressure to play b/c we gave up all the draft picks.

What I would like to know is Danny forcing Mike to play RG3? We all knew from Week 1 that RG3 is not ready this year and it cost us the division b/c the division is so bad this year. I don't want to hear people blame the defense this year b/c this offense with RG3 has put this defense in so many holes that the stats don't justify our defense this year.

There is no doubt in my mind that we are 6-6 right now wit Cousins. The Lion, Phil, and giant games just pop in my head as wins. Im sure there is more. RG3 had two good games this year which was the Bears and Chargers.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's been proven time and time again that RG3 is not an accurate passer". And I'm the one on crack? What was his completion percentage last year? What was his completion percentage in college? Please look it up and report back then we can have a discussion about passing accuracy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget last year with the read option offense. I mean a drop back passer. He is awful this year. How on earth can you defend RG3 this year. Every QB guru said he wasn't ready and should not be playing. So why was he playing?

Our QB play sucked this year!! I sick of people defending this guy.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, I do agree with you regarding the early part of this season regarding playing cousins with 20/20 hind sight. We possibly could've pulled out a 2 wins. Possibly, not guaranteed.

This whole notion of 'proven' that griff is inaccurate and can't read a defense is nonsense IMO. What is proven is that he is struggling this year for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with him AS WELL as reasons that he is totally culpable for. And we are not even talking about this entire season. Even last week against the giants he played well for most of the game. It would be different if griff never showed any good moments, all season long, with no reasons except for his own play on the field. Then I would be more inclined to agree with your 'proven' remark.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense? It's been proven every week that he cant read defenses and he makes horrible decisions. You thought he played well in the Giants game? Are you serious? Even Chris Collinsworth was bashing him for not finding the open WR.

I am a diehard Skins fan and I cant not defend RG3 this year. He has been so bad. Every game he makes mental errors, bad throws, inaccurate passes. Its like watching Grossman from two years ago. I call it like I see it. Rg3 was horrible this year and does not deserved to be defended. I hope this changes next year but this year was horrible.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, first place, let's tone down the rhetoric. He had a bad year, but he was not awful. He has still completed over 60% of his passes (with a ton of drops) and has passed for way more yards.

Guess who has a higher completion %, griffin or luck? Guess who has thrown for more yards, griffin or luck? Guess who has thrown more INTs, griffin or luck? Guess who has a higher QB rating, griffin or luck?

In almost every statistical category that one measures QBs, griffin has out produced Luck this year. So has luck been awful? Should he be benched? Do you ever hear Indy fans or the media questioning if luck is the guy?

See where I'm going with this? You and too many redskins fans have no idea what it means to be a developing qb in the NFL, especially one coming off a devastating injury and had no offseason.

So, should Luck be pulled?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jy19 he has a high % b/c of the WR screen passes that we throw and quick outs. garcon had 9 catches for 60 yards last week. That is a joke!! Don't even compare RG3 to Luck this year. If Luck was on our team this year we would be a playoff team. Forget the stats watch the games.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense? It's been proven every week that he cant read defenses and he makes horrible decisions. You thought he played well in the Giants game? Are you serious? Even Chris Collinsworth was bashing him for not finding the open WR.

I'm saying that he had some good drives during the giants game where he did a much better job seeing the field and taking what was given to him. Oh, and he was quite accurate on those drives. How else did we score 14 points?

Never said he has not made a LOT of mistakes this year and that it has been seriously disappointing. Or, that griff is not accountable for his performance. But I also don't expect all pro play from him, at this point in his development.