• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kubiak Canned

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we went up by 14 points by running the ball and play action passes. I don't expect him to be all pro either but his performance this year is just bad.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Then how do you explain that griffin's yards/attempt is higher that luck's? Dean, dude, you just don't know what you are talking about. You really need to do some research and not just post with emotion. The fact is that both griffin and luck have regressed this year a bit. If you did your research, you would find that this is not uncommon for young qbs. Some of the best QBs in the history of the game sucked their first few years.

As an example, Peyton's second year, he completed 62% and had a passer rating of 90. Guess where griffin is? His yds/AT&T was around 7. Guess where griffin is? Or how about some HOFers? Aikman was absolutely terrible. Bradshaw almost got cut after his second year. I could go on and on. But their team and their fans stuck with them during their maturation period. Washington fans, for the most part, are not knowledgable fans, the want the quick fix. The next big thing. This is why we have sucked for 20 years, we have no patience.

Please, know what you are talking about.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we went up by 14 points by running the ball and play action passes. I don't expect him to be all pro either but his performance this year is just bad.

It's definitely god awful, if you are using Griffs performance last year, as the bench mark. I can even understand why you would. I would also agree that he has had a very poor showing THIS year, but it's not as terrible as I feel you are making it out to be, if you use a more reasonable criteria, given injury and other factors.

I understand where you are coming from, I just respectfully disagree.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know what I am talking about. Rg3 completion % is high b/c of the offense that we run. You cant compare it to Luck b/c they don't run the same offense that we do. You weigh too much on the stats. So are you saying that Rg3 is a better QB than Luck this year? BULLSHIT!! Regressed a bit? This is an embarrassing year for RG3 I think he regressed more than a bit. We are in the worst division in the NFL and we cant even compete. Im embarrassed as a Redskin fan. I hope it gets better next year but you can not defend this guy this year. Simply cant do it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you want to compare him to? Pick three qbs that you want to compare him to and I'll bet you the same trend emerges. How about drew Brees? Guess how he did his first 5 years in the league? Joe Montana? Look it up and compare.

Reality is you are venting on emotion. But if you took the time to research, you would see that what griffin, and luck, are going through is very typical. You have to let these young guys play through this so they can learn. It's the only way. If you bench him, you just delay the learning process. You also cause a huge shit storm with his psyche, the press, and the fans.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know what I am talking about. Rg3 completion % is high b/c of the offense that we run. You cant compare it to Luck b/c they don't run the same offense that we do. You weigh too much on the stats. So are you saying that Rg3 is a better QB than Luck this year? BULLSHIT!! Regressed a bit? This is an embarrassing year for RG3 I think he regressed more than a bit. We are in the worst division in the NFL and we cant even compete. Im embarrassed as a Redskin fan. I hope it gets better next year but you can not defend this guy this year. Simply cant do it.

Also, what offense do we run that artificially inflates his stats? Please explain that one to me. Be careful, I've done my research.........

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense is big on WRs screens and short passing. We never get the ball down the field so obviously his completion % will be higher b/c there is less risk in the pass. Rg3 stats get inflated b/c there has been a lot of garbage time in our games this year. Rg3 is 22nd in QB rating. That is just not good enough. When you see guys like Mike Glennon and Nick Foles play better it just rubs me the wrong way. He should be light years ahead of these guys and he is not. You talk about the learning process. Glennon and Foles have less experience and are do better than RG3. If they benched RG3 they could of blamed it on the knee and let him study more b/c obviously he is not ready mentally.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all we do are wr screens, then how do you explain that his yds per attempt are higher than luck's? Maybe it's because that is all he luck doing also because he is also having trouble reading defenses?

I'll will grant you that some of rg3's yds total is inflated due to trying to comeback. But you are missing the higher point I'm making. What rg3 is going through should be expected as all young qbs go through this. Don't make an emotional, rash decision based on a regression year. Oh, and Foles will come down to earth, bet on it. Talk about an offense that can inflate numbers.........

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak won't be without a HC job for long, unless he steps away. I can easily see him in TB (Glennon reminds me of Schaub) or Tennessee.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense? It's been proven every week that he cant read defenses and he makes horrible decisions. You thought he played well in the Giants game? Are you serious? Even Chris Collinsworth was bashing him for not finding the open WR.

I am a diehard Skins fan and I cant not defend RG3 this year. He has been so bad. Every game he makes mental errors, bad throws, inaccurate passes. Its like watching Grossman from two years ago. I call it like I see it. Rg3 was horrible this year and does not deserved to be defended. I hope this changes next year but this year was horrible.

did you forget when he praised him ? i believe he said Rg3 's only fault he could see was when he started to run he takes his eyes off downfield and misses some plays doing that

dean , you have been on the KC kick for over a year . if the o/line cant protect RG3 i doubt it magically happens for KC

3/4 's of the NFL would take RG3 in a heart beat

when the garbage time stat BS doesnt fly you come back with "all we do is throw quick outs and bubble screens " to explain away your emotional nonsense

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not nonsense its the truth. The team would of won more games with KC than RG3 this year. I expected a regression in Rg3 performance in year 2 but not this much. You guys always have an excuse for this guy after every week this season. It was so obvious in the first month of the season that he did not belong out there. He was bigger than the team and no player is bigger than the team. What we don't know is if Danny forced him out there or does RG3 have more say than Mike.

Luck did lose his #1 target in Wayne this season so that made it very tough to progress this year. Rg3 didn't lose anyone on offense. He actually had Garcon for a full season and he regressed. Im not downing RG3 for the future I an downing him for this year.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so then what is your point? That we might have 4 wins instead of 3 with Kurt? Or maybe even 5? Would that satisfy you? Even at the risk of setting RG3 back again for next year?

Dean, you think with your emotion and want immediate gratification. Developing young players takes time and will not always result in ideal outcomes. The road will be bumpy. If you abandon your young QB every time he hits a rough patch, he will never develop. History tells us this.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that we would have 6 wins right now fighting for the division title with KC at QB. I never said abandon RG3 for the future. They should of shut him down for 2013. The whole NFL believes that RG3 should not be out there. By playing Cousins you increase his stock value for a trade or you keep him for insurance if Rg3 flops in 2014 and 2015. Its too late now. Our organization did not handle the Rg3 situation correctly. You guys have to admit that. Mike should of benched him in the Seattle playoff game and Danny should of benched him for at least a month or even the 2013 season to protect his franchise QB that he gave multiple draft picks for. Its bad leadership RG3 is telling Mike and Danny what to do. This is a huge problem.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that we would have 6 wins right now fighting for the division title with KC at QB. I never said abandon RG3 for the future. They should of shut him down for 2013. The whole NFL believes that RG3 should not be out there. By playing Cousins you increase his stock value for a trade or you keep him for insurance if Rg3 flops in 2014 and 2015. Its too late now. Our organization did not handle the Rg3 situation correctly. You guys have to admit that. Mike should of benched him in the Seattle playoff game and Danny should of benched him for at least a month or even the 2013 season to protect his franchise QB that he gave multiple draft picks for. Its bad leadership RG3 is telling Mike and Danny what to do. This is a huge problem.

how do you know we would have won 6 games ? you are just speculating , we could just as easily been here with 2 wins

there is no reason why you shut down RG3 for all of the season . none what so ever

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Det, Phil, and NYG are all wins skinsdad. 6-6. The reason is that he is not 100%. The players know it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Det, Phil, and NYG are all wins skinsdad. 6-6. The reason is that he is not 100%. The players know it.

you dont KNOW that dean , you are speculating the last 2 times KC has played he hasnt been very good . so you just write in the wins ?

KC has one win against a suspect Browns team and from that you feel he is immuned to the growing pains of any young qb ? believe me KC will have those so who is to say he would have fared better ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true but Rg3 set the bar so low that KC cant be any worst.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true but Rg3 set the bar so low that KC cant be any worst.

dean with silly statements like this its hard to take you seriously

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean with silly statements like this its hard to take you seriously

This is why I stopped conversing with him. Once he makes an emotional decision, there is no reasoning with him. You can tell when that's happened when he makes statements like "everyone in the NFL knows" or "all the players know it".

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would have definately lost to PHI, GB, DAL, DEN, and SF.

We probably would have lost to DET, CHI (yes I'm changing a win to a loss because we gave up over 40), and Minnesota.

We may have been able to beat SD, PHI, and NYG...I'd say the only one we had a good chance of winning was SD.

We would have still beat OAK.

IF KC had been our starter we would have 4 wins at best...but we have a better chance at having only one win if KC started.