• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kopech Returns Throwing 101 MPH

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we should assume he is going to pitch every fourth day in Charlotte. He goes down there and pitches once a week or so - and tops out at a 7 inning limit. When he gets called up he still fresh and has mileage on his arm left for the pennant run.

Obviously - it is just a happy happenstance that he loses out on a year of big league service. ;)

Yeah, I'm not saying he's going to throw a lot there. However, he will have some starts and could lose 20-30 innings.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last 10 or so posts ..... beating a dead horse at it's finest! :deadhorse:

it's hard to top the ignorance rich showed by starting this all over again in a completely crass way.

Give me a break. The guy deserves no slack.

He goes on record time and time again saying he would rather have ONE SEASON (at the beginning of a rebuild, nonetheless) of Chris Sale over Moncada and Kopech's entire prime.

I'll go to my grave bringing that up. It's f'n galaxy brain.

And stop it with the pearl clutching. As if you're never confrontational on here. What a joke! lol

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He goes on record time and time again saying he would rather have ONE SEASON (at the beginning of a rebuild, nonetheless) of Chris Sale over Moncada and Kopech's entire prime.

And stop it with the pearl clutching. As if you're never confrontational on here. What a joke! lol

Ugh...Not one season...We should have kept Sale as a lifer. You keep rewriting that narrative, but it's not the narrative. Your theory of "we had to get rid of Sale" has nothing to do with what should have been...and why we failed so hard when we traded him. Anything I said about Moncada, Kopech and the other 2 folks you did not mention was simply about the idea that prospects more often than not do not pan out. There's always new prospects. The next big thing etc. 99% of them DO NOT become Chris Sale level.

You and LSD keep pounding home upon the idea there was no way we could go on with Sale so he had to be moved. Bullsh*t. We could have and should have had him as a Buehrle-type lifer player for us...and only money and incompetence got in the way. Nothing wrong in being upset we lost him. We can only hope Moncada or Kopech becomes a player of his caliber at this point as they're our best shot. That is our ONLY salvaging of the situation, so of course you must pound it home if it comes to fruition...still jumping the gun early on that, but I get it. Expectations are high now. I would feel the same way if we dumped Konerko/Buehrle/insert any other stud White Sox as I do about Sale, even if they cut up some t-shirts or made ol' Jerry and Kenny cry.

Mingo is right that its spilt milk now...so I'm done with it. Keep on keeping on richi. Throw them stones. :)

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to more important things: I wonder how the schedule changes will affect Kopech's service time and call up...Hmmm..

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the season happens this season will he make it the entirety of it? Will he get hurt?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was only slated to throw one inning in a spring training game. However, for the organization? This was a pretty big day.

Kopech consistently sat around 100 with his FB. Hit 101 a couple of times. Most notably, on his strike 3 fastball to Greg Bird to complete his 11 pitch 1-2-3 inning. It painted the outside corner, knee high... basically unhittable.

His two other outs were soft grounders up the middle of the infield.

1 inning 0 BB's 0 H's 0 R's 1 K on 11 pitches.

If he continues pitching with the stuff and command that he showed today. It will be interesting to see what excuse we use to send him down to Charlotte until late April.
No excuse needed now. Thanks virus!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and LSD keep pounding home upon the idea there was no way we could go on with Sale so he had to be moved.

I never once said there was no way we could go on without Sale for just the sake of getting rid of him, nor do I recall richi ever saying that. What we've both said on numerous occasions was Sale wasn't ever going to be the difference for us to make the postseason. Not because of him of course, but due to the lack of talent around him. For that I believe we can all blame the Sox brass on its failure to field a team that could take advantage of Sale's immense pitching skills. Hell, I was a huge fan of his, but I hold greater value to the Sox being a winning team, a hopefully playoff team as opposed to loyalty to a single player. Hence, why I thought it was a smart move to trade him while we could get some real value. Same with Eaton, same with Quintana. No regrets whatsoever on any of those trades.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once said there was no way we could go on without Sale for just the sake of getting rid of him, nor do I recall richi ever saying that. What we've both said on numerous occasions was Sale wasn't ever going to be the difference for us to make the postseason. Not because of him of course, but due to the lack of talent around him. For that I believe we can all blame the Sox brass on its failure to field a team that could take advantage of Sale's immense pitching skills. Hell, I was a huge fan of his, but I hold greater value to the Sox being a winning team, a hopefully playoff team as opposed to loyalty to a single player. Hence, why I thought it was a smart move to trade him while we could get some real value. Same with Eaton, same with Quintana. No regrets whatsoever on any of those trades.

LSD,

I have so much to say in response (you know this...Ha!), but I'm just gonna let it go man. I just want to win the World Series and cement a f*ckface legacy at this point. Cheers. :)

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

false equivalency meathead. whether he's right or wrong you were so far over the line it's ridiculous. sometimes you're a complete blight on this site. you and your little 'like' companion.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
false equivalency meathead. whether he's right or wrong you were so far over the line it's ridiculous. sometimes you're a complete blight on this site. you and your little 'like' companion.

Oh, really? Like you don't go around trying to humiliate LSD for simply starting a thread on this forum? You're so cordial! A real joy to have around!

Every time you post it's a ray of sunshine on this board's ass. We're so happy to have you!

The blight is you. Miserable old bastard. Who are you to talk? What a joke!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, really? Like you don't go around trying to humiliate LSD for simply starting a thread on this forum? You're so cordial! A real joy to have around!

Every time you post it's a ray of sunshine on this board's ass. We're so happy to have you!

The blight is you. Miserable old bastard. Who are you to talk? What a joke!
i do understand why you feel the way you do. you've been spanked so many times on here you have no choice but to make shit up in reply. as to my mixing it up with lsd? there's a lot of history there and unfortunately none of it was "simply"!
i do like your adjectives tho ... "cordial, a real joy, ray of sunshine etc". all i have for you is 'ignorant, infantile and dumb fuck'.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do understand why you feel the way you do. you've been spanked so many times on here you have no choice but to make shit up in reply. as to my mixing it up with lsd? there's a lot of history there and unfortunately none of it was "simply"!
i do like your adjectives tho ... "cordial, a real joy, ray of sunshine etc". all i have for you is 'ignorant, infantile and dumb fuck'.

Spanked in what? Baseball? Are you kidding me? Lol.

Every time we debate - I utterly overwhelm your ass with statistics, metrics and facts. Half of the time you wind-up referencing some 1950's player to draw some random ass comparison to prove your right. You have nothing else in response.

I have literally OBLITERATED your entire concept of what good catching even is and where runs come from when it comes to Yasmani Grandal. You even think James McCann is a good defensive catcher. It would be funny if you weren't such a stubborn old prick about it.

I honestly don't know if you even understand WAR.

But you're hopeless... What are you going to do? Admit the game has passed you by? Can't go doing that.

Last edited:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This forum's fun - it comes with its own fight club.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spanked in what? Baseball? Are you kidding me? Lol.

Every time we debate - I utterly overwhelm your ass with statistics, metrics and facts. Half of the time you wind-up referencing some 1950's player to draw some random ass comparison to prove your right. You have nothing else in response.

I have literally OBLITERATED your entire concept of what good catching even is and where runs come from when it comes to Yasmani Grandal. You even think James McCann is a good defensive catcher. It would be funny if you weren't such a stubborn old prick about it.

I honestly don't know if you even understand WAR.

But you're hopeless... What are you going to do? Admit the game has passed you by? Can't go doing that.
it seems they're removed the 'turd' emoticon. too bad.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it seems they're removed the 'turd' emoticon. too bad.

Good one.

You're really on fire.

Suck it, Iddy. Go find another 1957 catcher to attempt and move the goal posts on Grandal being vastly superior to McCann in every area imaginable.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good one.

You're really on fire.

Suck it, Iddy. Go find another 1957 catcher to attempt and move the goal posts on Grandal being vastly superior to McCann in every area imaginable.
well, i've already admitted he may be better than mccann (tho that's yet to be determined). the issue (i know you need constant reminding) is whether he's worth $73 million, isn't it? you seem certain (a fool's stance).
all that remains is to see what happens.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale's done for the year.

F*cking told you guys that was a great trade.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale's done for the year.

F*cking told you guys that was a great trade.
I think that's been a foregone conclusion for some time now. But I guess this makes it official. Sale likely won't be ready to pitch again until late in the 2021 season and it wouldn't surprise me if they just shelve him altogether until 2022.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's been a foregone conclusion for some time now. But I guess this makes it official. Sale likely won't be ready to pitch again until late in the 2021 season and it wouldn't surprise me if they just shelve him altogether until 2022.

I'd feel bad for them if they weren't a direct competitor and they didn't win every f*cking year for the past 2 decades. As it is, let's jump they asses.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd feel bad for them if they weren't a direct competitor and they didn't win every f*cking year for the past 2 decades. As it is, let's jump they asses.
The 'other' Sox still have a solid offense, but their pitching is really gonna struggle for the next couple of years, especially with Sale, Porcello, and Price removed from the equation. Outside of underrated stud Eduardo Rodriguez and the oft-injured Nathan Eovaldi, I don't think they have any starting pitching worthy of mention.