• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kopech Returns Throwing 101 MPH

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was only slated to throw one inning in a spring training game. However, for the organization? This was a pretty big day.

Kopech consistently sat around 100 with his FB. Hit 101 a couple of times. Most notably, on his strike 3 fastball to Greg Bird to complete his 11 pitch 1-2-3 inning. It painted the outside corner, knee high... basically unhittable.

His two other outs were soft grounders up the middle of the infield.

1 inning 0 BB's 0 H's 0 R's 1 K on 11 pitches.

If he continues pitching with the stuff and command that he showed today. It will be interesting to see what excuse we use to send him down to Charlotte until late April.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I just linked an article regarding this in the 'Starters' thread. Good to see we're both keeping an eye out Kopech's debut.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I just linked an article regarding this in the 'Starters' thread. Good to see we're both keeping an eye out Kopech's debut.

Yeah, I should have probably kept the talk into that thread but I was excited to see that his velo didn't go anywhere. lol

I think Kopech deserves his own thread for the season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I should have probably kept the talk into that thread but I was excited to see that his velo didn't go anywhere. lol

I think Kopech deserves his own thread for the season.
Works for me. He's an important cog in the rebuild, at one time considered our future #1 starter. And who knows, maybe one day he'll attain that status.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he continues pitching with the stuff and command that he showed today. It will be interesting to see what excuse we use to send him down to Charlotte until late April.

Money is not an interesting excuse.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay healthy and mow 'em all down kid.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money is not an interesting excuse.

It's a service time/team control issue.

Not money.

But... the organization will undoubtedly say that "he needs to work some stuff out in Charlotte" first. Just so they can get away with it. Then, he will be brought up late April-ish.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a service time/team control issue.

Not money.

But... the organization will undoubtedly say that "he needs to work some stuff out in Charlotte" first. Just so they can get away with it. Then, he will be brought up late April-ish.

I think we'll be ok without a handful of starts...but management will look like complete a-holes if he comes in in May and flamethrows three no hitters or some sh*t.

Makes me want it to happen so bad.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Service time is the speed bump on the road of money.
Yeah, can't argue with that. Ultimately it does boil down to the $$$. But I really despise that service time issue. I'm pretty certain it's going to be a major sticking point in the upcoming negotiations. They have to do something about it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll be ok without a handful of starts...but management will look like complete a-holes if he comes in in May and flamethrows three no hitters or some sh*t.

Makes me want it to happen so bad.

I do wonder exactly how they will limit his innings. Most TJ returns are limited to around 150 innings. Maybe starts out in the pen and moves into the rotation? Maybe he starts the whole year but only tends to ever go 4-5 innings. I've read about the possibility of a 6 man rotation. I have also read about the possibility of him being skipped every other time through the rotation.

I got no f'ing idea. I'll just be happy to see him out there for us again.

He looked primed for the quickest ascension to success for any White Sox pitching prospect since Chris Sale. He really came up looking strong. Then, he tried to pitch through his elbow injury and got clobbered vs Boston. Not realizing it was a torn UCL.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, can't argue with that. Ultimately it does boil down to the $$$. But I really despise that service time issue. I'm pretty certain it's going to be a major sticking point in the upcoming negotiations. They have to do something about it.

There's no way that the MLB keeps this as a part of the new CBA. There's been way too many problems. You even have guys like Kris Bryant who sued for compensation. I'll bet they hate it as much as any of us.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder exactly how they will limit his innings. Most TJ returns are limited to around 150 innings. Maybe starts out in the pen and moves into the rotation? Maybe he starts the whole year but only tends to ever go 4-5 innings. I've read about the possibility of a 6 man rotation. I have also read about the possibility of him being skipped every other time through the rotation.

I got no f'ing idea. I'll just be happy to see him out there for us again.

He looked primed for the quickest ascension to success for any White Sox pitching prospect since Chris Sale. He really came up looking strong. Then, he tried to pitch through his elbow injury and got clobbered vs Boston. Not realizing it was a torn UCL.
While it's possible that at some point in the year the Sox try a 6 man rotation, I highly doubt they'll try it from the outset. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if first 3-4 weeks of the season they only go with a 4 man rotation. There are already a number of extra scheduled off days in the early going and we can always count on a few cancellations due to foul weather. And if we are going with a 4 man or at the least a spot 5th starter here and there, I'm beginning to think the odd man out will be Gio. He has been nursing a sore shoulder and has yet to throw a game pitch, altho I believe he'll be out there this week. They might ease him back by putting him in the pen to start out, maybe going in on a couple long relief situations before giving him a start. We'll have to see how things develop.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this!
anyone hear of his soreness yet?

The game just now concluded. There's also a "closed locker room" situation with the corona-virus scare. So, I don't know when we'll hear from him.

He's re-iterated over and over how he feels good throwing in his bullpen sessions. He hit 100+ 7 of his 11 pitches. That's a rather miniscule pitch count. I would be surprised if he was suddenly sore.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Works for me. He's an important cog in the rebuild, at one time considered our future #1 starter. And who knows, maybe one day he'll attain that status.

I still think he's rather clearly the most talented/gifted pitcher in our organization. It's just a matter of staying healthy and being consistent with his command. Ever since that mechanical adjustment in 2018 down in Charlotte. His command has been on point. Let's hope there's no regression to old habits after the time off.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game just now concluded. There's also a "closed locker room" situation with the corona-virus scare. So, I don't know when we'll hear from him.

He's re-iterated over and over how he feels good throwing in his bullpen sessions. He hit 100+ 7 of his 11 pitches. That's a rather miniscule pitch count. I would be surprised if he was suddenly sore.
Here's some updated info. All seems to be well in Kopechland.

Kopech is back, and he wants to be more than flamethrower

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3