• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kopech Returns Throwing 101 MPH

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I mentioned in another thread - bringing Kopech along very slowly (two weeks in Arizona after spring training - then to Charlotte) will leave him fresh for when games get very interesting in Aug and September. IMO - this time it makes sense to keep Kopech to minimum pitching until the stretch run.

The Sox have 3 guys who have the talent to be a #1 pitcher - Giolito - Cease and Kopech. I also think Lopez will have a great year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I mentioned in another thread - bringing Kopech along very slowly (two weeks in Arizona after spring training - then to Charlotte) will leave him fresh for when games get very interesting in Aug and September. IMO - this time it makes sense to keep Kopech to minimum pitching until the stretch run.

The Sox have 3 guys who have the talent to be a #1 pitcher - Giolito - Cease and Kopech. I also think Lopez will have a great year.

I am fine with limiting his innings. I think that's a given.

However, him throwing a chunk of those innings in Charlotte isn't exactly helping the White Sox.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, him throwing a chunk of those innings in Charlotte isn't exactly helping the White Sox.

If they intend to play him this season, the sooner the better. Bringing some kid up that fireballs in the second half if we're competitive is just foolish. Mere contact on a pitcher like him will probably send a ball 300 feet, so having a bad control day where he gives up 3+ dongs in the heat of a second half playoff push would be a media/fan shellacking.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably every Sox fan out there wants Kopech to start the season with the team. But since apparently the stupid service time issue is in play here, expect him to join the team within a couple of days after the Sox weasel that extra year's service with them.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think we should assume he is going to pitch every fourth day in Charlotte. He goes down there and pitches once a week or so - and tops out at a 7 inning limit. When he gets called up he still fresh and has mileage on his arm left for the pennant run.

Obviously - it is just a happy happenstance that he loses out on a year of big league service. ;)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they intend to play him this season, the sooner the better. Bringing some kid up that fireballs in the second half if we're competitive is just foolish. Mere contact on a pitcher like him will probably send a ball 300 feet, so having a bad control day where he gives up 3+ dongs in the heat of a second half playoff push would be a media/fan shellacking.

Ah, Jiddy.

You would rather have had that one year of Chris Sale (when we weren't contending in 2017) before he ditched us in free agency and never have anything to do with us again.

Over Yoan and Kopech now.

Call yourself a fuck face... and I won't be a prick again.

I promise... no seriously

Call... yourself... a fuck face... you idiot

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Jiddy

Just get on your belly

Who is your fucking daddy?

Chris Sale for one year (three years ago - before he bolts for free agency) or Yoan/Kopech now?

You fucking loser... say it

Say you were wrong.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, Jiddy.

You would rather have had that one year of Chris Sale (when we weren't contending in 2017) before he ditched us in free agency and never have anything to do with us again.

Over Yoan and Kopech now.

Call yourself a fuck face... and I won't be a prick again.

I promise... no seriously

Call... yourself... a fuck face... you idiot

Upon seeing how you post typically, this is a pretty damn good offer for the long-term benefit of both the Bears and Sox forums...However...

giphy.gif

So I'll pass.

I will give you this instead because you still don't get it:

The Sale trade for me was, is and always will be a representation of our franchise accepting losing for an undetermined amount of time (potentially years as its still ongoing) while horrendously blowing it with a Cy Young level player. If Kopech and Moncada are the next great thing, bully for us, but that still doesn't excuse us f*cking it up with Sale. I'll always look to that moment not as a catalyst of great things to come, but as a moment of disappointment where instead of building around a great player from our own, we threw in the towel because of some dumbass locker room sh*t. Furthermore, even if you wanted me to concede the trade in and of itself, you're putting the cart way before the horse at this point anyway STILL. Moncada and Kopech have yet to do anything on the level of Sale to date much less the Sox haven't won anything, yet here you are counting chickens anyway, because, well, you're doing you. Gratz?

Here's hoping that all 3 happen (Moncada tears it up...Kopech becomes the next Chris Sale and the Sox win) so you can post some oddball teeth-gnashing sh*t like this in my direction again next offseason and I can give you an e-titty twister.

Love always and forever,

Jiddy Not A F*ckface
XOXOXOXO

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Sale went psycho on his Sox uniform with a pair of scissors - I thought it was a given he would be gone. In my view - by his behavior he traded himself.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Sale went psycho on his Sox uniform with a pair of scissors - I thought it was a given he would be gone. In my view - by his behavior he traded himself.

Meh...

I would have cut those f*ckers up too...Good Lord they're horrendous.

We botched Sale pretty hard. I would typically give Reinsdorf and Co. a pass as the Sox themselves are pretty good overall with players...but just watching how the Bulls botch the hell out of sh*t because you know our management plays favorites with certain players/coachs and I know there's potential for all kinds of perceived double standards in our locker rooms. I highly doubt it was 100% Sale...which means it falls to our management being f*ck ups with arguably the best player of the 2010 decade for our team. Pitiful.

And, now that we have hindsight: Sale's been a saint with the BoSox. A franchise that has been far superior to ours in the past 20 years and placed a huge contract on him...Who do you trust?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take always was and always will remain that Sale would not have made any difference with respect to us getting into the postseason had he remained with the team. Ditto with Eaton and Quintana. So we were no worse off at the time of those trades, yet now our future is a hell of a lot brighter than it would have been had we maintained the status quo.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take always was and always will remain that Sale would not have made any difference with respect to us getting into the postseason had he remained with the team. Ditto with Eaton and Quintana. So we were no worse off at the time of those trades, yet now our future is a hell of a lot brighter than it would have been had we maintained the status quo.

This is fair, but once again it comes down to there's no guarantees in prospects. I understand the whole Ricky Bobby "If you're not first you're last" deal...but we've sucked some serious dong these past few years...and I won't forget it anytime soon, so I'll easily pull my own "If you're not first you're last" deal and say I'd rather not suck and keep, you know, a Cy Young player if we don't end up in the promised land. We have no excuses. We traded Sale because our farm was sh*t and we had a nice tidy way to oust him without most of the fanbase crying. How convenient. A real winner would have kept him and had the team in Goddamn order in the first place, so an apologetic "But now we're better off" (which is still yet to be determined IMO) is a copout big time. We could have had both. We SHOULD have had both. Only thing between it was money and, more importantly, ineptitude.

So yeah, it will always be half empty on Sale from this corner.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fair, but once again it comes down to there's no guarantees in prospects. I understand the whole Ricky Bobby "If you're not first you're last" deal...but we've sucked some serious dong these past few years...and I won't forget it anytime soon, so I'll easily pull my own "If you're not first you're last" deal and say I'd rather not suck and keep, you know, a Cy Young player if we don't end up in the promised land. We have no excuses. We traded Sale because our farm was sh*t and we had a nice tidy way to oust him without most of the fanbase crying. How convenient. A real winner would have kept him and had the team in Goddamn order in the first place, so an apologetic "But now we're better off" (which is still yet to be determined IMO) is a copout big time. We could have had both. We SHOULD have had both. Only thing between it was money and, more importantly, ineptitude.

So yeah, it will always be half empty on Sale from this corner.

So there it is...

So richi, if we win the World Series and pieces from the Sale trade are a part of that, I will gladly come on here and proclaim myself King F*ckface. I look forward to your enjoyment.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there it is...

So richi, if we win the World Series and pieces from the Sale trade are a part of that, I will gladly come on here and proclaim myself King F*ckface. I look forward to your enjoyment.
But by this statement Jidster, you're implicitly suggesting that had we not traded Sale then we would have been in the World Series or at the very least perennial contenders. Because if you're not suggesting this, then why get all bent out of shape over trading him? And there is no doubt by your numerous posts lamenting the trade that you are indeed bent out of shape.

Sorry amigo, but I'm simply not a fan of someone trying to have it both ways.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But by this statement Jidster, you're implicitly suggesting that had we not traded Sale then we would have been in the World Series or at the very least perennial contenders. Because if you're not suggesting this, then why get all bent out of shape over trading him? And there is no doubt by your numerous posts lamenting the trade that you are indeed bent out of shape.

Sorry amigo, but I'm simply not a fan of someone trying to have it both ways.

The argument is a chicken and the egg...It's a tit for tat really. Like, oh we suck with Sale, so that justifies trading Sale.

No. That's not the enchilada. We could and should have not sucked AND kept Sale. That's the reality.

Remember, he was from our f*cking farm. That's really disappointing that he became the goods and we ousted him. How that isn't to you guys in retrospect is ONLY forgiven in the fact that you're happy with the take and that we sucked anyway.

So, I find it more than fair to say "Well, if we aren't going to win sh*t anyway, then I'm gonna hold a similar stance." I made it probably an unreasonably high bar because (1) richi is being stupid so I'll be an a-hole about it and (2) why not? Just f*cking around anyway. But I do appreciate you dragging me down a "How high should we set the Jiddy refers to himself as a f*ckface bar" and implying it should be lowered. LOL. *heart*

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well.......

Yeah...This was a dumb wormhole I got drug into again. My bad. "We dumped one of the best players in baseball, everything else is just salvaging/justifying a sh*tty situation from my corner." A lot of typing just trying to say basically that. Whoops.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale =spilt milk

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last 10 or so posts ..... beating a dead horse at it's finest! :deadhorse:

it's hard to top the ignorance rich showed by starting this all over again in a completely crass way.