• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Koji for Kemp trade?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fantasy team has not hit a HR in four days and I've fallen into last place in HRs and next to last in RBIs. On the other hand, I have five closers and I'm in first place in saves. I want to propose trading Koji Uhera for Matt Kemp to a team that's first in HRs, but who has only Kenly Jansen as a closer. What do you think about this trade?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fantasy team has not hit a HR in four days and I've fallen into last place in HRs and next to last in RBIs. On the other hand, I have five closers and I'm in first place in saves. I want to propose trading Koji Uhera for Matt Kemp to a team that's first in HRs, but who has only Kenly Jansen as a closer. What do you think about this trade?

I would love that if the other guy accepts.

Then again, I hate closers, so you have to take my comments with a grain of salt. :whistle:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love that if the other guy accepts.

Then again, I hate closers, so you have to take my comments with a grain of salt. :whistle:

The way I look at it is that it is much riskier for me than it is for the other guy, since I feel pretty certain that Koji will get a lot of saves, but who knows what I might get from Kemp. Still, since there are still some pretty decent closing options on waivers and Kemp has such tremendous potential upside, I am inclined to accept the risk.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I look at it is that it is much riskier for me than it is for the other guy, since I feel pretty certain that Koji will get a lot of saves, but who knows what I might get from Kemp. Still, since there are still some pretty decent closing options on waivers and Kemp has such tremendous potential upside, I am inclined to accept the risk.[/QUOTE

I would too. Who are your other closers and who is on the wire?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I look at it is that it is much riskier for me than it is for the other guy, since I feel pretty certain that Koji will get a lot of saves, but who knows what I might get from Kemp. Still, since there are still some pretty decent closing options on waivers and Kemp has such tremendous potential upside, I am inclined to accept the risk.[/QUOTE

I would too. Who are your other closers and who is on the wire?

Without Koji, I'd still have Grilli, Rodney, Reed, and Soriano. Closers available include Axford, KRod, and Soria.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Koji, I'd still have Grilli, Rodney, Reed, and Soriano. Closers available include Axford, KRod, and Soria.

If he would take Grilli instead, that would be awesome. :nod:

Then I'd probably grab Axford. Or Soria. I like K-Rod, but he's probably more of a crapshoot than the other two.

Have I mentioned that I hate closers? :rollseyes:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he would take Grilli instead, that would be awesome. :nod:

Then I'd probably grab Axford. Or Soria. I like K-Rod, but he's probably more of a crapshoot than the other two.

Have I mentioned that I hate closers
? :rollseyes:

LOL I think you probably mean that you hate closers who blow saves while giving up two or three runs and post +2 WHIP before losing their jobs. Not much to hate about Koji, the way that he pitched last year and so far this year, though.

In any event, thanks for your thoughts. I went ahead and submitted the Koji for Kemp proposal.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I think you probably mean that you hate closers who blow saves while giving up two or three runs and post +2 WHIP before losing their jobs. Not much to hate about Koji, the way that he pitched last year and so far this year, though.

In any event, thanks for your thoughts. I went ahead and submitted the Koji for Kemp proposal.

And.....? Inquiring minds...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And.....? Inquiring minds...

Are you asking whether he's accepted the trade or not? Not yet. What do you think, D, should I hope that he does or doesn't accept? You think Kemp is going to be any good this year?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you asking whether he's accepted the trade or not? Not yet. What do you think, D, should I hope that he does or doesn't accept? You think Kemp is going to be any good this year?

Wondering if he accepted first. If he did, I wonder how this will work out. I mean, not only is Kemp a health question mark, but, the Dodgers will be put back in the position very soon ( when Puig returns ), of having 4 players for 3 field spots, which means a little less produciton than normal likely from that quartet.

I do hope this works for you, and very much understand why you went this route. If I were to question anything of it, it would only be the timing of the move. But, that only relates to league type, and if you could have built up a solid number of saves beofre making a move.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if he accepted first. If he did, I wonder how this will work out. I mean, not only is Kemp a health question mark, but, the Dodgers will be put back in the position very soon ( when Puig returns ), of having 4 players for 3 field spots, which means a little less produciton than normal likely from that quartet.

I do hope this works for you, and very much understand why you went this route. If I were to question anything of it, it would only be the timing of the move. But, that only relates to league type, and if you could have built up a solid number of saves beofre making a move.

I would not do this, at least not yet. It is too early to worry about your standings in a particular category unless you projected weakness there before the season started.

In a 15 team league, I am sitting last in HRs, but here is my line-up:

C- Santana
C- McCann
1B- Hart
2B- Cano
SS- Tulo
3B- Frazier
MI- E. Cabrera
CI- Smoak
OF- Soriano
OF- K. Davis
OF- Bonifacio
OF- Almonte
UTIL- Plouffe
B- Taveras
B- Springer
B- L. Cain

I have a bunch of power bats that have yet to hit a HR. There is no reason to expect that they will not get cooking eventually. Remember that power hitters often hit HRs in bunches, so if your team looks like this one, then you need to be patient an re-evaluate in a month or so.

If you projected weakness in the HR category to start the season, then maybe you should deal a closer for a power bat. Koji for Kemp is a fair deal, but not one that I particularly like. I feel that Koji is significantly under valued by the market.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I posted my roster before the season and asked posters to rate it someone did mention that it looked a bit power deficient, which I thought was a fair criticism. My only bats that are projected (as per the espn projections on the fantasy site) for at least 30 HRs are Beltre, Moss, and Bautista (with Matt Adams at 29), and only Beltre (who is now hurt already) projected for at least 100 RBI.

Maybe I did panic too soon and I'll end up regretting it. If Kemp comes to life, however, I think it could work out pretty well. Either way, the guy in my league just accepted the deal, so I'll have to live with it!

Thanks for your opinions.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious...did you try offering Grilli first?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I owned Kemp, and guys like Soria and KRod were available, there's no way I'd trade Kemp for Koji, or any other closer. Health risk, crowded OF risk and all... not even close.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I owned Kemp, and guys like Soria and KRod were available, there's no way I'd trade Kemp for Koji, or any other closer. Health risk, crowded OF risk and all... not even close.

I did not see that. Good point TKO. KRod and Soria are universally owned in leagues where closers are really valuable. I think you made a good move given the circumstance. Now that Koji is nursing a sore shoulder it looks even better.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious...did you try offering Grilli first?

I had already submitted my proposal before you suggested substituting Grilli for Koji; otherwise, I would have done that. I'd definitely feel better about having given up Grilli than Koji.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see that. Good point TKO. KRod and Soria are universally owned in leagues where closers are really valuable. I think you made a good move given the circumstance. Now that Koji is nursing a sore shoulder it looks even better.

LOL I actually felt kind of bad when I saw that this morning, after wondering why he didn't get into the game last night in a possible save situation. I hope the guy I traded with doesn't think that I was insider trading!