• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Bryant

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notably one of the best 10 players of all-time, how is he handling the game passing him by?

Personally I think he's showing everyone how intensely competitive he is...it's innate, instinctual.

Is he willing to risk the perception of his legacy by chucking his team into the lottery?

Is it time for someone to "have a talk" with Kobe?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...look at this
Capture.JPG

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may think that fg% is bad for kobe but it's actually right on par for him lol

Kobe is basically carmello but got to play on a good team....

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like what coach Phil Jackson said, the huge difference between Jordan and Kobe is that Jordan doesn't force things when he's off offensively, he then shift his attention to defense, whereas Kobe forces things even when everything is off and then slacks off on defense as well. Jordan's basketball IQ is unmatched.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A career 45% fg% by a shooting guard is bad? A career 55.2% TS% by a shooting guard is bad? Kobe always gets held to a higher standard than others.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The traits that made Kobe great are making for an embarrassing end to his career. It won't affect his legacy though. That's pretty much set in stone at this point.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may think that fg% is bad for kobe but it's actually right on par for him lol

Kobe is basically carmello but got to play on a good team....

The stupidity of this post stands on it's own.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually you see these cringeworthy ends happen when a guy changes teams in a desperate attempt to chase a ring or financial salvation.

It is the all consuming quest to get that elusive championship......or maybe a guy truly needing the money.

You rarely see a wealthy aging great player hang on to an uncomfortable end with the same team as his glory years.

I hope it ends better than it appears to be ending.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupidity of this post stands on it's own.

Carmello is also the better shooter .454 and .345 >>> .450 and .331

Like i said put kobe on the knicks and he has just as many rings as smello except the knicks may lose a few more games with kobe lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like i said put kobe on the knicks and he has just as many rings as smello except the knicks may lose a few more games with kobe lol

That's the only numbers you look at?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doubling down on your stupidity is always a good move. :thumb:

tsubibo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol. Yeah cause everything is determined by shooting percentages.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's sooooooo bad right now. It's so sad that I barely watch anymore. I'll have the game on my laptop but I'll be doing other things if he's in. Like in the GS game, there was one sequence where he brought the ball up and asked for a high screen. He couldn't even get around the screen and dribbled aimlessly around the 3 point line. His defender sagged off of him because there was 0% chance Kobe had the speed to get by him. Kobe saw that and then shot a 3 that was not only airballed, but to the left by at least a foot. He wasn't even on target. It was so bad the GS crowd let out an "ewwwww" gasp. At that point, I just put the game aside and turned on the TV. It's too painful to watch

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was an elite defender in his prime.

Carmelo is not an awful defender, but he was never even close to being at Kobe's career levels.

You cannot merely look at Kobe's offensive numbers and forget his elite defense.

Kobe and Carmelo is not a fair comparison at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is- if Kobe actually swallowed his pride a little bit- he could be a great influence, and be a very good distributor.

Last year vs. the Cavs I saw Kobe Bryant have SEVENTEEN! (yes 17!) assists, and he went 7/14 from the field.
Hes just not wired that way. Kobe made his bones as a guy who could make really tough shots on a regular basis- now- he doesnt have the athleticism to make those shots- and hes lost to a certain degree. His game was never about a system, or getting easy buckets- it was him - one on one- or usually two-on-one- beating someone and making contested shots look easy.

Now he is just a shell of himself- and cant get himself looks - and hes refusing to adjust and it looks REALLY REALLY REALLY bad. Hes not helping the young guys at all either.

The last 3 games Kobe Bryant is 12/49 for 24.4% shooting- and 1/17 from 3pt land (about 6%). Thats not helping ANONE- taking over 15 shots a game- and not making shit.

Kobe needs to make a choice- keep on chucking like 15 or more shots a game- add some points to his all time total and continue to try and keep climbing up that list- LOSE a ton of games- while holding back the development of the young guys

OR

Start being a more of a distributor, moving the ball more, cutting the 3 pt shot out unless he has good looks, and encouraging the young guys and instilling them with both his work ethic- but confidence too.

right now it definitely looks like he is out for no one but himself- and his coach has this totally misplaced- old school mentality where he refuses to reign Kobe in at all- while riding the rookies hard and retarding their development. This Scott/Kobe combo is just horrible for the development of young guys. ID give Scott Brooks or Luke Walton the job TOMORROW if either guy wanted it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson is a nice bright spot there.

Lou Williams at 35% shooting is pretty awful though -ESPECIALLY when you consider hes getting PT that could be going to Russell. I didnt like the signing then- and like it even less now.

Ireally thought Hibbert would be better than he has been. I liked that signing because it really protected Randle from having to play minutes at center that he mightve been forced to play. Hibbert does have the highest PER on the team but I wouldve hoped hte could shoot at LEAST 50% - especially considering I cant imagine him taking many outside shots.

Randle at 11 and 9 has been pretty decent- Hes getting over 2 assist a game which I think is a very nice indicator of future success for him. Its rare for rookie big men to be able move the ball but it looks like he can do that....I dont want to get ahead of myself- but he I think in a way he is starting to remind me a ltitle bit of Draymond Green.