• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Bryant

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. Was focusing on the passing aspect since TLF brought it up earlier.

I knew that. Was just backing up your point. Dude was pretty good at both scoring and passing.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God....it sucks getting old. Just ate dinner and already feeling lethargy kicking in.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is and always has been a very good passer, but he's a shooting guard, so you didn't see it as often as if he were a point guard.
I think he was about as good as a shooting guard could have been. I personally think that he could have been and would have been better if he had not been taken out his natural role and not asked to do things a quality point guard would do which actually tells you how good he is. He is not a forward at all and it's showing in his game, and yet for the team he is doing it and taking a hit for him. Please name me one player in the NBA that would be willing to make that sacrifice

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was about as good as a shooting guard could have been. I personally think that he could have been and would have been better if he had not been taken out his natural role and not asked to do things a quality point guard would do which actually tells you how good he is. He is not a forward at all and it's showing in his game, and yet for the team he is doing it and taking a hit for him. Please name me one player in the NBA that would be willing to make that sacrifice

I agree about him playing small forward being new. Problem is, he can't play the 2 anymore because he can't beat other 2's off the dribble and he can't defend against them. I think his biggest problem this year is that he's trying to be a perimeter shooter and that's never been his strength. He's strong enough and has the footwork to take small forwards down on the block or in the paint and score, but with Hibbert and Randle there, it can get pretty crowded and no one is following either of them more than about 5 feet from the hoop.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about him playing small forward being new. Problem is, he can't play the 2 anymore because he can't beat other 2's off the dribble and he can't defend against them. I think his biggest problem this year is that he's trying to be a perimeter shooter and that's never been his strength. He's strong enough and has the footwork to take small forwards down on the block or in the paint and score, but with Hibbert and Randle there, it can get pretty crowded and no one is following either of them more than about 5 feet from the hoop.
It was my understanding that Scott wants him at the forward so he can develop the new talent during the year and Kobe agreed. I think Kobe is trying to develop his outside shot and hoping that he can contribute in a big way. The downside is in my opinion more than half of the season will be gone before this team really gets good enough to win games. I still say it's worth it because next year they will be ready to win games beginning with the season. Especially if they can sign even one really good player. Clarks, Russell and Randle will be ready to play and be playing together really good, Hibbert will have the center position in control so a strong power forward would put the Lakers back into the playoffs. I think at this point the Lakers are still three more years away from actually being contenders.

I never did believe the Lakers would be ready to contend in three years at the time Jim Buss stated his three year plan and always figured three years to being ready to compete. It took the Lakers about ten years after Magic retired and it was a good five years after Shaq was traded, so from where I sit - rebuilding is a longer process than three years. The good news though is that the Lakers just might get that pick this season. If they get the top three protect pick - that would really be worth it for years to come.

I realize, however that I am being greedy:10:

Arsenal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was a great. He earned 5 titles. Thats pretty darn good career

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was such a good player in his prime but he's realizing his time is over, good to see he'll get a proper goodbye.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was such a good player in his prime but he's realizing his time is over, good to see he'll get a proper goodbye.

His time as a top player is over but if he was like Pierce he'd gladly come off the bench for the next 5 years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard an interview with Jeanie Buss in which she talked about why the Lakers gave Kobe the contract they did and why they are handling him the way they are this year.

She was really learning the business aspect of the NBA in the 80's when Magic joined the Lakers. She said that Magic was forced to retire too soon because of his HIV status. She said that when he retired, the Lakers ambled around for a couple of years and then they got Kobe. When Magic had to retire the way he did, she told herself that if the Lakers got a talent like that again, she would do everything in her power to make sure they were honored properly because talent like that is few and far between.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His time as a top player is over but if he was like Pierce he'd gladly come off the bench for the next 5 years.

Yeah, but for years, Kobe always said he don't want to be that type of player holding on being an average player.

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe could never do this. Way to selfish of a player, always has been.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe could never do this. Way to selfish of a player, always has been.

Meh, confidence is apart of being a good basketball player. Being one of the only players ever to go to the Finals 3 straight years twice in his career also puts way more miles on his legs than a player like Pierce. That's one of the reasons I doubt LeBron will ever catch Kobe in championships, too many miles on his legs and not enough rings to show for it.

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, confidence is apart of being a good basketball player. Being one of the only players ever to go to the Finals 3 straight years twice in his career also puts way more miles on his legs than a player like Pierce. That's one of the reasons I doubt LeBron will ever catch Kobe in championships, too many miles on his legs and not enough rings to show for it.

I'm not a big believer in the whole mileage thing. I think it has way more to due with age. For some reason I think Lebron will age quickly. Maybe because he looked like he was 30 when he came into the league.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big believer in the whole mileage thing. I think it has way more to due with age. For some reason I think Lebron will age quickly. Maybe because he looked like he was 30 when he came into the league.

The mileage thing is real. Obviously, age is a factor, you can't get the mileage without the age. But the body can only take so much. It's why sometimes players seem to get old overnight.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else see Lebron's comments about Kobe retiring. Very classy comments with just the right amount of humor.

My favorite part was "I even wore a nappy ass 'fro in high school because of Kobe."

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe gave 5 titles to the Lakers and now he's trying his absolute hardest to give the Lakers Ben Simmons. The man just bleeds purple and gold to the very end!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 points for Kobe tonight. Hit some key shots late. Fun to see him turn the clock back a little. Washington crowd was going nuts cheering him. Very cool to see.

Reactions: LAD

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 points for Kobe tonight. Hit some key shots late. Fun to see him turn the clock back a little. Washington crowd was going nuts cheering him. Very cool to see.

That really felt like a Lakers home game.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see that Kobe had at least 1 more vintage night in him. He said in the postgame interview that he's getting into game shape. Who knows, maybe he'll improve. Still shouldn't be playing more than 28 minutes but it's encouraging to see him play well after so many games with around 33 minutes.