• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Bryant

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson is a nice bright spot there.

Lou Williams at 35% shooting is pretty awful though -ESPECIALLY when you consider hes getting PT that could be going to Russell. I didnt like the signing then- and like it even less now.

Ireally thought Hibbert would be better than he has been. I liked that signing because it really protected Randle from having to play minutes at center that he mightve been forced to play. Hibbert does have the highest PER on the team but I wouldve hoped hte could shoot at LEAST 50% - especially considering I cant imagine him taking many outside shots.

Randle at 11 and 9 has been pretty decent- Hes getting over 2 assist a game which I think is a very nice indicator of future success for him. Its rare for rookie big men to be able move the ball but it looks like he can do that....I dont want to get ahead of myself- but he I think in a way he is starting to remind me a ltitle bit of Draymond Green.

The thing with Lou Williams is that he's playing point guard, obviously not where you want him but with Nick Young still on the team there's not much choice there.

Hibbert has been pretty good defensively for the most part, he can't hold down the defense all by himself though.

Randle is going to be really, really good if he can get a few more offensive tools. Right now he is getting his numbers merely by bulldozing his way to the rim. Nance also looks like he will be a solid roleplayer in the future, especially if he picks up even a third of Metta's defensive abilities.

Clarkson has been one of the few bright spots and Russell seems to have the skills to be a great player, but if you have him on such a short leash I don't see how he can truly improve. Scott just doesn't have his priorities in order and this year has really highlighted that fact. We need a new coach but I doubt they fire him until the end of the season, if at all.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Lou Williams is that he's playing point guard, obviously not where you want him but with Nick Young still on the team there's not much choice there.

Hibbert has been pretty good defensively for the most part, he can't hold down the defense all by himself though.

Randle is going to be really, really good if he can get a few more offensive tools. Right now he is getting his numbers merely by bulldozing his way to the rim. Nance also looks like he will be a solid roleplayer in the future, especially if he picks up even a third of Metta's defensive abilities.

Clarkson has been one of the few bright spots and Russell seems to have the skills to be a great player, but if you have him on such a short leash I don't see how he can truly improve. Scott just doesn't have his priorities in order and this year has really highlighted that fact. We need a new coach but I doubt they fire him until the end of the season, if at all.

The Lakers roster is a mess. To many guys that just want to go one on one or jack up stupid shots. Play the young guys and Kobe Bryant please retire. You were great but I have had enough. Luke Walton the Lakers next coach. Jim Bus has to go as well.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is- if Kobe actually swallowed his pride a little bit- he could be a great influence, and be a very good distributor.

Last year vs. the Cavs I saw Kobe Bryant have SEVENTEEN! (yes 17!) assists, and he went 7/14 from the field.
Hes just not wired that way. Kobe made his bones as a guy who could make really tough shots on a regular basis- now- he doesnt have the athleticism to make those shots- and hes lost to a certain degree. His game was never about a system, or getting easy buckets- it was him - one on one- or usually two-on-one- beating someone and making contested shots look easy.

Now he is just a shell of himself- and cant get himself looks - and hes refusing to adjust and it looks REALLY REALLY REALLY bad. Hes not helping the young guys at all either.

The last 3 games Kobe Bryant is 12/49 for 24.4% shooting- and 1/17 from 3pt land (about 6%). Thats not helping ANONE- taking over 15 shots a game- and not making shit.

Kobe needs to make a choice- keep on chucking like 15 or more shots a game- add some points to his all time total and continue to try and keep climbing up that list- LOSE a ton of games- while holding back the development of the young guys

OR

Start being a more of a distributor, moving the ball more, cutting the 3 pt shot out unless he has good looks, and encouraging the young guys and instilling them with both his work ethic- but confidence too.

right now it definitely looks like he is out for no one but himself- and his coach has this totally misplaced- old school mentality where he refuses to reign Kobe in at all- while riding the rookies hard and retarding their development. This Scott/Kobe combo is just horrible for the development of young guys. ID give Scott Brooks or Luke Walton the job TOMORROW if either guy wanted it.

Sad thing is, I actually agree with this.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carmello is also the better shooter .454 and .345 >>> .450 and .331

Like i said put kobe on the knicks and he has just as many rings as smello except the knicks may lose a few more games with kobe lol
Kobe Bryant - six championships
Carmello - ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS

SAY WHAT?!!:pound:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's a better passer and defender.
I never did think Kobe was that good of a passer. On individual play, and shooting he was the best in my opinion though. It seemed like me that good ball movement always ended with him

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never did think Kobe was that good of a passer. On individual play, and shooting he was the best in my opinion though. It seemed like me that good ball movement always ended with him

He's one of like 25 players to accumulate over 6,000 assists.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that because of the 20 years in the league or because he was better then he looked though? I'm not the only one who thought he was a bit of a ball hog. I appreciate what he has done for the Lakers though and every player has had his weaknesses, so Kobe wasn't the best passer ever, but he is in the top twenty ever.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that because of the 20 years in the league or because he was better then he looked though? I'm not the only one who thought he was a bit of a ball hog. I appreciate what he has done for the Lakers though and every player has had his weaknesses, so Kobe wasn't the best passer ever, but he is in the top twenty ever.

4.8apg. Not too many SG's averaged that over the length of the career Kobe has had.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he's the only one in NBA history to have over 30,000 points and over 6,000 assists.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe is and always has been a very good passer, but he's a shooting guard, so you didn't see it as often as if he were a point guard.

And sure, some of it is longevity, but that's how it works. Part of the reason Kareem is the all-time scoring leader is because of how long he played.