• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins 8 Games In...What should WAS Do?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a QBR of 80 since week 7 which leads the NFL.

8.1 YPA #4 in NFL

Comp% 69% #4 in NFL

TD's 20 tied #5

QB rating 100 #8

QBR 72.2 #6

Dude went from middle round draft choice, to good backup to mediocre starter to a top ten QB and now is on his way to becoming elite if he isn't already. If he had a defense he would be in the MVP conversation. Instead, he might have to settle for the offensive POY.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a mistake now, but it's too easy to call is a BS contract in hindsight. That said...imo he still needs to play well down the stretch to really max out...but he's already made the money, even if the 'Skins stall out, he's still going to be in the $20mil per / 5 yr range.

The real question is now what if the Skins don't make the postseason but he continues to perform as an elite QB. Will that hurt him?

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Cousins is elite crowd because stats, what happened to your guy Andy Dalton this year?

Dalton was never my guy I don't know where you got that from. I don't think anyone had him as even a top ten coming into this season.

PrimeTime in HD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Skins, I would evaluate his whole body of work and then decide.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is now what if the Skins don't make the postseason but he continues to perform as an elite QB. Will that hurt him?

Probably not. Big Cuz's stats are high level; if they miss the playoffs it's not because of QB play.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they didn't fuck up. A fuck up is when you overpay for a bad player. If he continues to play this way, well that's a good thing for the team. If they have to pay him 24 mill that's what a good QB costs. The fuck up would have been to pay him 2o-24 mil without more of a sample size leading to a Brock Osweiler situation. Of course the good play of Cousins could end at any time but it's really all we have to gone on right at the moment.

This is a different screw up. It's a screw up in a sense that they will end up dishing out way more $$$ than they would've if they weren't being cheap or arragant ass holes to force a "prove it year." Now they will pay the price and be forced to show him the money or more money than before because they wouldn't go higher than 16 mil a year for a long term deal. Now it's going to be about 8 more mil a year. If I was Kirk I would leave and say to the organization YOU LIKE THAT.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton was never my guy I don't know where you got that from. I don't think anyone had him as even a top ten coming into this season.
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of some Cousins devotees when they cite his stats and treat it as prima facia evidence of him being elite. I am not going to go full Cian and say everything about Cousins is terrible, but elite is just not what he is.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Skins, I would evaluate his whole body of work and then decide.

The only thing left to decide is how much money is guaranteed. He's going to get at least 24 mil a year now because of their mistake in not signing the long term deal in the off season. I think he gets at least 60 mil guaranteed now. He's improved every year so far.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of some Cousins devotees when they cite his stats and treat it as prima facia evidence of him being elite. I am not going to go full Cian and say everything about Cousins is terrible, but elite is just not what he is.

I wouldn't say he's elite yet because he hasn't proven himself in the postseason. Statistically yes he's a top 5 or 6 QB right now but he hasn't proven he can win a SB like RW, Brady, Brees, Rodgers or Big Ben has. Until that time he's a great QB but hasn't taken that next step in the playoffs. I can't put that on him since he has 0 defense right now.

PrimeTime in HD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed he has improved, I would hate to see, from an organization stand point, they break the bank, and then he takes a step back after he is paid.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed he has improved, I would hate to see, from an organization stand point, they break the bank, and then he takes a step back after he is paid.

Yeah that would be pathetic but I doubt he would accept another BS prove it year or less than what he's worth. You have to pay the man market value today. I don't think Cousins is one of those players that just goes into a shell after he gets paid and waits until the next FA year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very good question...in short I would say probably not much.

He'll still likely be the #1 FA QB., but I still think the main suitors will be WAS and NYJ. I don't think DEN, or CHI will be in the market for a $20 mil per QB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good question...in short I would say probably not much.

He'll still likely be the #1 FA QB., but I still think the main suitors will be WAS and NYJ. I don't think DEN, or CHI will be in the market for a $20 mil per QB.

Doesn't matter if there are other teams interested in Cousins. The team has already said that they will tag him if they can't reach a deal, and I don't see Cousins as the type who will sit out the year as a protest.

It will not benefit either side to not reach a deal for a long term extension. Playing on a tag means that Cousins risks losing money if he gets hurt. Both sides also don't want to see this drag out for another year & having this hanging over the head of both Cousins and the team. This deal will get done & it will come at a pretty steep price tag. No big deal - that is life in the NFL & you can't go back in time & reverse any decisions.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far he's gotten better during both seasons. That's worth a lot. Skins got hot last year to end the year and Cousins is trying again. He's going to get paid.