• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Khalil Mack to the Bears!!!!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it’s my perception. You’re right about the bears, even when they went to the super bowl and NFC title game they had a lot of inept people running the front office. Pace changed all that. Everyone is ready to dismiss the bears because of the past front offices and how they performed under fox. They don’t even consider the incredible offseason they had even before trading for Mack. They don’t consider the bears went from a John Fox coaching staff with a known reject OC to an Andy Reid understudy who Reid claims to be the most nfl head coach ready assistant he’s ever had. They don’t consider the fact that the offense last year was predictable run, run, pass every set of downs and will be a lot more inventive this year. They don’t consider the fact that Fox and Bevell were trying to protect Trubisky and manage games and Nagy plans to unleash him. And then they dismiss the fact that the bears were a top ten defense last year and added a lot of talent through the draft and added the best pass rusher at a position of need. They just say oh it’s the bears. They suck again. They don’t have a QB.

I’m not guaranteeing the bears win in Green Bay Sunday night, but the game is going to be a lot closer than Packer fans want to believe. The Bears have the talent on both sides of the ball to not only beat the packers, but kick their asses soundly. It will all depend on how Trubisky operates in that offense. I have never been this excited for a season to start. I was excited before the Mack acquisition and I am even more so now. Roquan Smith has a legitimate chance of winning DROY. Anthony Miller has a legitimate chance of winning OROY. Khalil mack has a legitimate chance at winning DPOY. They added more talented players to the team than the packers have on their entire roster outside of Rodgers. On the flip side, if Trubisky goes out for the season, the bears still have enough talent to push for the playoffs with a game manager at QB. If Rodgers goes out for the season, the packers will be getting a top 5 draft pick.
5SNE.gif

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool with the trade, and I would not be quite as confident as you about that sweep.

The Bears have horded cap space over the last few years, and they also have a good, young nucleus in place, and on rookie contracts.

OLB was a glaring weakness, and now it's a tremendous strength.

The Bears are looking up, and what amounts to ostensibly one first rd draft pick will not stifle that growth.

I think Trubisky is going to take a lot of sacks over the next few seasons.

I'm not as confident in the sweep as I would like to be, but I like our chances. I imagine Mack will be covering Theo Riddick in the open field when we play more than he rushes Stafford.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Bears are not important to me, I have no interest in making a bet where I'll actually have to follow them. Do you make this challenge with every poster who makes a prediction?
Following them? Dude, end of the season, where are they. How is that hard? Puss

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 445.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it’s my perception. You’re right about the bears, even when they went to the super bowl and NFC title game they had a lot of inept people running the front office. Pace changed all that. Everyone is ready to dismiss the bears because of the past front offices and how they performed under fox. They don’t even consider the incredible offseason they had even before trading for Mack. They don’t consider the bears went from a John Fox coaching staff with a known reject OC to an Andy Reid understudy who Reid claims to be the most nfl head coach ready assistant he’s ever had. They don’t consider the fact that the offense last year was predictable run, run, pass every set of downs and will be a lot more inventive this year. They don’t consider the fact that Fox and Bevell were trying to protect Trubisky and manage games and Nagy plans to unleash him. And then they dismiss the fact that the bears were a top ten defense last year and added a lot of talent through the draft and added the best pass rusher at a position of need. They just say oh it’s the bears. They suck again. They don’t have a QB.

I’m not guaranteeing the bears win in Green Bay Sunday night, but the game is going to be a lot closer than Packer fans want to believe. The Bears have the talent on both sides of the ball to not only beat the packers, but kick their asses soundly. It will all depend on how Trubisky operates in that offense. I have never been this excited for a season to start. I was excited before the Mack acquisition and I am even more so now. Roquan Smith has a legitimate chance of winning DROY. Anthony Miller has a legitimate chance of winning OROY. Khalil mack has a legitimate chance at winning DPOY. They added more talented players to the team than the packers have on their entire roster outside of Rodgers. On the flip side, if Trubisky goes out for the season, the bears still have enough talent to push for the playoffs with a game manager at QB. If Rodgers goes out for the season, the packers will be getting a top 5 draft pick.

Wow...if they have the talent to kick their asses soundly, why does it only come down to Trubisky? With all of the great changes, you should expect them to pound the Packers like the 85 Bears did.

Reality is both teams are 0 - 0 right now. Both teams made plenty of changes with players and within their organizations. Nobody knows how they stack up against each other and the other teams in the NFL. That's what makes the competition of the NFL so awesome.

Since nobody has taken a snap in a regular season game, any rookie could win the ROY for the side of the ball they play on. Any player could win POY on either side of the ball...so no need to go full homer...that's some GreatDayne level shit right there

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...if they have the talent to kick their asses soundly, why does it only come down to Trubisky? With all of the great changes, you should expect them to pound the Packers like the 85 Bears did.

Reality is both teams are 0 - 0 right now. Both teams made plenty of changes with players and within their organizations. Nobody knows how they stack up against each other and the other teams in the NFL. That's what makes the competition of the NFL so awesome.

Since nobody has taken a snap in a regular season game, any rookie could win the ROY for the side of the ball they play on. Any player could win POY on either side of the ball...so no need to go full homer...that's some GreatDayne level shit right there
It comes down to Trubisky because he’s the most important player on the bears and he is an unknown. He could come out and ball like Aaron Rodgers. Or he could come out and throw 6 picks. If he does the former, the bears are super bowl favorites. If he does the latter, the bears are screwed. I am certain he will fall somewhere in between.

I’m glad you brought up the 85 Bears because they were so great partly because of McMahon. The reason they didn’t win more titles was because McMahon couldn’t stay healthy and his back ups were awful.

While that’s all true about ROY and POY honors, I think you can pretty much earmark the probable candidates for each award, and the bears have the players with the talent to achieve that. I didn’t list anyone for OROY because I think it’s ludicrous to suggest anyone on that offense will make a bigger impact than someone like Rodgers. Not only do they have the players with the skills to compete for those awards, they just added those players this offseason. That’s the point I was trying to make when I brought those awards up.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not as confident in the sweep as I would like to be, but I like our chances. I imagine Mack will be covering Theo Riddick in the open field when we play more than he rushes Stafford.

Because of the line, or him holding onto to it too long?

I think our o-line is in pretty decent shape right now.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RobBase

The Bears Defense was pretty good last year, and figures to be even better BEFORE the addition of Mack.

I like where the Bears are headed. Most excited I've been about the team in some time, (even 05-06 the QB sitch was up in the air)...so...long time.

Bears prolly should've split with you guys last year, if it weren't fer a drunk Pollock kicker.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why? The line is solid. I think he took too many sacks last year, but he was also kept on a super short leash and sort of had protecting the football at all costs pounded into his head.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? The line is solid. I think he took too many sacks last year, but he was also kept on a super short leash and sort of had protecting the football at all costs pounded into his head.
oh, and the worst WR group in NFL history

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RobBase

The Bears Defense was pretty good last year, and figures to be even better BEFORE the addition of Mack.

I like where the Bears are headed. Most excited I've been about the team in some time, (even 05-06 the QB sitch was up in the air)...so...long time.

Bears prolly should've split with you guys last year, if it weren't fer a drunk Pollock kicker.

Drunk Pollock kicker and literally serving them a TD when we were 10-0 with the ball, dominating the game. Then snap exchange fumble, ball bounces right into Lions LB hands and he runs the other way. Biggest "look what I found" touchdown I've ever seen. lol

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 445.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drunk Pollock kicker and literally serving them a TD when we were 10-0 with the ball, dominating the game. Then snap exchange fumble, ball bounces right into Lions LB hands and he runs the other way. Biggest "look what I found" touchdown I've ever seen. lol

I call BS on this one, you're a Bear's fan and I've never seen a team get more lucky bounces than the Bears.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call BS on this one, you're a Bear's fan and I've never seen a team get more lucky bounces than the Bears.

I wish that were true. Maybe we'd have a playoff appearance over the past 7 years. We've also led the league in injuries over the past 3-4 years or something along those lines.

Outside of like Sean Lendetta whiffing on a punt vs the Bears in 85. I can't think of a TD being so egregiously forked over to a defense.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following them? Dude, end of the season, where are they. How is that hard? Puss

Seems to me you should be worried about your own team, you know the team that just traded away one of the true difference makers in the league. Instead you are Hell bent on picking a fight with me for some reason and I'm not biting. So get bent.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me you should be worried about your own team, you know the team that just traded away one of the true difference makers in the league. Instead you are Hell bent on picking a fight with me for some reason and I'm not biting. So get bent.
You made a statement, I am willing to bet youre wrong. Stop being a little bitch.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made a statement, I am willing to bet youre wrong. Stop being a little bitch.

Like I said worry about your own shitty team. I don't care enough about you and your habit of trying to pick fights to bother making a bet I'm pretty confident I would win.