• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Khalil Mack to the Bears!!!!

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richig pointed that out ... the article i read on the trade didn't show the back picks so I think the Bears paid a fair price now
I think the contract that the team had to give Mack was as big as the draft picks. The salary cap is a real issue in the NFL. Mack got QB type money. There was a stat I seen somewhere recently that pointed out how few teams with a top 10 paid QB have made it to the Superbowl. It's not many. You have to spread the cash around. At least the Bears have a couple years with their QB making reasonable money.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ask again, do you ask every poster who made a prediction about the Bears to make a bet as you call them a pussy repeatedly? Seems like you are just acting like an asshole. I'd like to take the bet as I'm pretty confident your other team will suck too but one Rodgers injury and I could lose and I'm not betting for that reason. Now shut the fuck up already.
You said it as a matter of fact. Fuq off if you don't want to stand behind it. And I told you to STFU first. As in, av bet, or STFU. Remember?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Paying 1 defensive player that kind of money against the cap is not usually a good thing. They got a shitload in return. They'll most likely have 2 first round picks in the 14-22 range the next 2 years.
hes a generational pass rusher

gruden has the oldest team in the NFL too by far. this doesnt help.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes a generational pass rusher

gruden has the oldest team in the NFL too by far. this doesnt help.
I think they made the only move they could have. If the Raiders would have given Mack that deal, they would have been strapped for years. They are already paying Carr that kind of money. Mack was not going to make them a Superbowl contender. They are better off with the 1st round picks and the cap space.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the trade that allowed them to do what they did. It was easily the biggest part of their rise to the top.

Oh without a doubt but what they did later, unlike what Washington did, was just as important.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it as a matter of fact. Fuq off if you don't want to stand behind it. And I told you to STFU first. As in, av bet, or STFU. Remember?

Whatever Sunshine. I have only been discussing the bet, not the Bears. And I am not interested in a bet involving a team I care nothing about in a division where an injury to Rodgers changes everything. Now run along.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders will regret this

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's mad because the Packers couldn't afford Mack.

The reason Oakland took the Bears two first round draft picks instead of the 2 that the Packers have this next year is that Oakland knows the two first round picks they get from Chicago will be earlier pics in the draft than the ones they would have gotten from Green Bay which includes the Packer 1st round pick and the one the Packers got from the Saints.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever Sunshine. I have only been discussing the bet, not the Bears. And I am not interested in a bet involving a team I care nothing about in a division where an injury to Rodgers changes everything. Now run along.
That's not shutting the fuck up

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders will regret this

And by extension may also regret hiring Gruden. Really - do any of these ex-SB winning coaches do well when they are brought back by another team? In most cases it occurs when they are much older, have been away from the game for a long time, require a huge contract & demand a much larger role to include personnel duties (which they often didn't have w/ their original team).

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by extension may also regret hiring Gruden. Really - do any of these ex-SB winning coaches do well when they are brought back by another team? In most cases it occurs when they are much older, have been away from the game for a long time, require a huge contract & demand a much larger role to include personnel duties (which they often didn't have w/ their original team).

The only one that I can recall it working for is Vermeil with the Rams.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gruden ran Tampa into the ground, I don't think it was a good hire

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one that I can recall it working for is Vermeil with the Rams.

yep, that's the only one I can recall ... of course, it's rare that a coach will leave coaching altogether and become an analyst for many years and then go back to the NFL>

Herm Edwards just did it this off-season but he went to NCAAF and not the NFL

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Oakland took the Bears two first round draft picks instead of the 2 that the Packers have this next year is that Oakland knows the two first round picks they get from Chicago will be earlier pics in the draft than the ones they would have gotten from Green Bay which includes the Packer 1st round pick and the one the Packers got from the Saints.

I'm sure they would've taken 2 next year of GB had they offered both up. I'm guessing GB didn't offer them

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#TruthBomb

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they would've taken 2 next year of GB had they offered both up. I'm guessing GB didn't offer them

I think you're correct, but we're talking about the Raiders, so you just never know. All the talk from the Packers to the press was the asking price was too high, so I do doubt they were both offered.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#TruthBomb

I doubt it. 2 1st round picks next year is more valuable than 1 each the next 2 years. There isn't a team in the NFL that doesn't want the talent sooner as opposed to later.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. 2 1st round picks next year is more valuable than 1 each the next 2 years. There isn't a team in the NFL that doesn't want the talent sooner as opposed to later.

Plus Oakland gave a 2nd back in the deal, which basically matches the value of the extra picks from the Bears.