• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keuchel

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked this guy up to start next week due to his two starts and both on the road. Is this a good choice? The astros pitchers are terrible at home but have pitched well on the road. His first start is at Seattle, who's SP is Hernandez and his second is angels who are starting Richards. Hernandez is a problem at home for batters and that could put keuchel under some pressure but Richards isnt as fearful and both places are pitchers parks. The goal is for no negative points against either team and a win against at least one of them.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you did just fine here......., depending on who you dropped to get him that is. That said, I can easily see how you could come away without a win. However, he should pitch well, so....

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing you might want to consider is that LAA and the M's are among the best teams at hitting LHP. Not sure I'd want to start Kuechel against either of them, particularly the Angels, who have hit him pretty well in the past.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing you might want to consider is that LAA and the M's are among the best teams at hitting LHP. Not sure I'd want to start Kuechel against either of them, particularly the Angels, who have hit him pretty well in the past.

TDs, I don't know where you pulled your matchup data from. The Angels are in fact very good against lefties (and Keuchel specifically), but the Mariners are the worst in the majors by a wide margin. If Felix allows 1 run it could be enough for a Dallas win in that one.

Keuchel is really good. 65% GB rate, nearly a K per inning and about 2 BB/9. Those are elite peripherals if he can keep it going, and I think he has a chance.

Also, the least relevant thing when looking at matchups is the opposing SP. If you think the player is a good bet to give you a quality start, then you play him. Aces have bad days, and scrubs can pitch shut outs too. If you pick the pitcher with the attractive SP matchup over the one who faces lineups that he can dominate, you will lose in the long run.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Richards is pretty damn good too. Best pitcher the Angels have by a fairly wide margin, no offense to Weaver and Skaggs.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TDs, I don't know where you pulled your matchup data from. The Angels are in fact very good against lefties (and Keuchel specifically), but the Mariners are the worst in the majors by a wide margin. If Felix allows 1 run it could be enough for a Dallas win in that one.

Keuchel is really good. 65% GB rate, nearly a K per inning and about 2 BB/9. Those are elite peripherals if he can keep it going, and I think he has a chance.

Also, the least relevant thing when looking at matchups is the opposing SP. If you think the player is a good bet to give you a quality start, then you play him. Aces have bad days, and scrubs can pitch shut outs too. If you pick the pitcher with the attractive SP matchup over the one who faces lineups that he can dominate, you will lose in the long run.

:agree:

The opposing pitcher is only really connected to win probablility. Here, I think Keuchel comes up short in both matchups. However, he is a good bet to give 2 quality starts, so, a winning move to me.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was going by this, which shows that Seattle had scored 59 runs against lefties, fifth most in the majors:

2014 MLB Team Batting Stats - Major League Baseball - ESPN

After reading your comment, however, I see that they aren't good against lefties, since they have an inordinately large number of ABs against them, ranking 28th in OPS and 25th in BA. So maybe Kuechel is a good start against the M's. I would still be reluctant to start him against LAA, though.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if I play him both games count towards his total. I dropped Koehler for him.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was obviously very wrong about starting Keuchel at LAA. He was awesome. Wish I had picked him up instead of Garret Richards. LOL I did, however, drop Richards in favor of Keuchel for the latter's upcoming start at the M's!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure Keuchel should be owned even in 10 team leagues. I was lucky to pick him up a while back before he started to dominate. Very happy owner here. And yes I did start him tonight. ;]

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32 points for the first game.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy was a gold pick up. I would not have come back to be within 3 if it was not for him and would no question have won if Feldman didnt get scratched. I still have to hold off Wright, Murphy and need Blackmon, Olt(ha), Wong, or Chapman to get something done.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy was a gold pick up. I would not have come back to be within 3 if it was not for him and would no question have won if Feldman didnt get scratched. I still have to hold off Wright, Murphy and need Blackmon, Olt(ha), Wong, or Chapman to get something done.

Keep Keuchel, he is for real.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have him starting this week against the orioles in astrodome. Just can't take that chance. But I didnt drop him. I ended up losing, because Wright and Murphy each started producing late putting me down 8.5 going into the last game. And Wong got 7 but reds did nothing offensively to bring Chapman in.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have him starting this week against the orioles in astrodome. Just can't take that chance. But I didnt drop him. I ended up losing, because Wright and Murphy each started producing late putting me down 8.5 going into the last game. And Wong got 7 but reds did nothing offensively to bring Chapman in.

I think Keuchel has pretty much already shown that he should be in your lineup every time he starts. Look what he did to DET, TEX, LAA. He is a ground ball machine and it likely won't matter much where he starts.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Keuchel has pretty much already shown that he should be in your lineup every time he starts. Look what he did to DET, TEX, LAA. He is a ground ball machine and it likely won't matter much where he starts.

Agreed. He and Wainwright are the two hottest pitchers in baseball. He is a must start unless you have a staff full of aces.