• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kenny Hill named A&M's new QB

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Scottsdale for 10 years and saw first hand the high school football out there. It's pretty bad. There is a reason ASU and UofA have ZERO national titles in football. And for the record, I'm an ASU fan.

I'm not saying it's as good as Texas or Florida, but compared to the bulk of the country, Arizona produces its fair share of talent compared to most of the country. Over the last 3 years there were by my quick count 40, 40 and 49 guys who committed to FBS schools from Arizona. Since I don't feel like checking this for all of them, last year's class, in comparison, from states with relatively comparable populations:

Missouri - 47
Maryland - 46
Tennessee - 37
Indiana - 35
Washington - 22
Wisconsin - 21
Massachusetts - 16
Minnesota - 14
Colorado - 9

How many of those were preferred walk ons or gray shirts I don't know, but I didn't delve into it for any so presumably it'll even out. I suspect that Arizona, while not a massive talent producer, has players of a level fairly equivalent to other medium-sized, warm weather states. Obviously I hope it improves, but it's not bad. Minnesota high school football is bad (or under recruited, I seem to recall NDSU gets a lot of players from there). Colorado is bad. Massachusetts is bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not sure why the pac wanted the state of Colorado so bad. Denver is a pro sports town, and its not like you just opened the door to a nice recruiting base. Well at least they got the 2nd best team from Utah, so it wasn't a complete bust in expansion.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Scottsdale for 10 years and saw first hand the high school football out there. It's pretty bad. There is a reason ASU and UofA have ZERO national titles in football. And for the record, I'm an ASU fan.

Well that explains why they lost to Texas Tech last year.