• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pointing out that your bad, young, bust of a QB has good numbers with a clean pocket...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... is like pointing out that a baseball player has good numbers when he's thrown a fastball straight down the middle.

No shit.

The second a SINGLE excuse is made for a young QB being awful. His career is over. The SECOND that the bull shit merry-go-round of excuses begins. IT'S OVER, JOHNNY!

Just accept, like I have, that your QB... is... a fucking... bust.

"but... but... THE line!"

"but.... but... THE weapons!"

"... but... but... THE coaching!"

Seriously, kiss my ass. How many!? How many QB's do you have to watch go through this shit before you realize IT'S ALWAYS THEM!!! ALWAYS!!!

Even if another position group or your coach sucks. THAT DOES NOT PRECLUDE THEM FROM ALSO SUCKING.

To be clear, I'm merely talking about QB's posting BAD seasons and BAD numbers. Not young guys who just need a weapon or two in order to turn the corner from "good/promising" to "the real deal".

Just stop... please... stop getting caught in this cycle of defending your dumb, young SHIT QB. As a Bears fan, I CANNOT take it.

Your eyes don't lie. If he's bad, he's bad. If he's worth a shit. He still makes plays and thrives in a struggling offense. On a bad team. He makes plays as an individual. He doesn't just curl up in ball and embarrass himself. No receivers or line is going to save most of (or my) QB.

JUST. STOP.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it in the summer here when everyone was saying good move Bears for trading for that bust WR from the Patriots and I'll say it now. Bears have done a terrible job of putting Fileds into a position to succeed. They have and are ruining any chance he was ever going to have to succeed and develop.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" if he has all day to stand back there he can usually figure it out" is not typically a great endorsement

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to wonder if Seattle and Baltimore have the best approach. Avoid resigning or drafting a QB with high round picks (yes I get Lamar was a 1st, but it was a trade up IMO what I'm thinking was to secure the 5th year option for a QB that is not sustainable by any means in his 30s) and let them walk and just build up other positions with above average or elite talent. Baltimore gave Lamar the 5th year option, I think they'll 100% let him walk and it's the right move IMO.

I'm of the opinion Seattle is NOT drafting a QB in the first two rounds (with 4 picks) next year. Colleges are dumping out quarterbacks now given the pass happy league, IMO there's zero reason to spend or trade up for a QB at this point.

Think of all the QBs resigned this year? Murray has done fuck all, Wilson is a complete bust, Rodgers has done fuck all with Green Bay. Yet their contracts have basically tanked the team. Tua got concussed... lmao.. The QB market is going to PLUMMET after this year.... and every team that signed these ridiculous contracts is going to be laughed at.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt this has been, so far, the worst offensive scoring NFL's in decades (22 pts per game). We blaming whom? Bad Offenses or great Defences? QB's?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... is like pointing out that a baseball player has good numbers when he's thrown a fastball straight down the middle.

No shit.

The second a SINGLE excuse is made for a young QB being awful. His career is over. The SECOND that the bull shit merry-go-round of excuses begins. IT'S OVER, JOHNNY!

Just accept, like I have, that your QB... is... a fucking... bust.

"but... but... THE line!"

"but.... but... THE weapons!"

"... but... but... THE coaching!"

Seriously, kiss my ass. How many!? How many QB's do you have to watch go through this shit before you realize IT'S ALWAYS THEM!!! ALWAYS!!!

Even if another position group or your coach sucks. THAT DOES NOT PRECLUDE THEM FROM ALSO SUCKING.

To be clear, I'm merely talking about QB's posting BAD seasons and BAD numbers. Not young guys who just need a weapon or two in order to turn the corner from "good/promising" to "the real deal".

Just stop... please... stop getting caught in this cycle of defending your dumb, young SHIT QB. As a Bears fan, I CANNOT take it.

Your eyes don't lie. If he's bad, he's bad. If he's worth a shit. He still makes plays and thrives in a struggling offense. On a bad team. He makes plays as an individual. He doesn't just curl up in ball and embarrass himself. No receivers or line is going to save most of (or my) QB.

JUST. STOP.

Bad take. Clean pocket efficiency is much more stable than under pressure. Most every QB but like Mahomes and Allen will have negative EPA if you move them out of the pocket as well. People do use this as an excuse, but it has to come from a place of well, data, or it's just a shitty excuse.

With that being said: I am pretty sure the numbers with clean pockets for Fields are pretty bad without having the numbers in front of me.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it in the summer here when everyone was saying good move Bears for trading for that bust WR from the Patriots and I'll say it now. Bears have done a terrible job of putting Fileds into a position to succeed. They have and are ruining any chance he was ever going to have to succeed and develop.
This. So very much, this.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're also seeing some very poor oline play. This kills QB's more than anything else IMO. Someone said that kids would rather play dline as they receive more fanfare. The quality has dropped. Also college doesn't produce as many pro ready. A DE can come in and turn it loose but oline takes practice and they keep cutting practices...

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to wonder if Seattle and Baltimore have the best approach. Avoid resigning or drafting a QB with high round picks (yes I get Lamar was a 1st, but it was a trade up IMO what I'm thinking was to secure the 5th year option for a QB that is not sustainable by any means in his 30s) and let them walk and just build up other positions with above average or elite talent. Baltimore gave Lamar the 5th year option, I think they'll 100% let him walk and it's the right move IMO.

I'm of the opinion Seattle is NOT drafting a QB in the first two rounds (with 4 picks) next year. Colleges are dumping out quarterbacks now given the pass happy league, IMO there's zero reason to spend or trade up for a QB at this point.

Think of all the QBs resigned this year? Murray has done fuck all, Wilson is a complete bust, Rodgers has done fuck all with Green Bay. Yet their contracts have basically tanked the team. Tua got concussed... lmao.. The QB market is going to PLUMMET after this year.... and every team that signed these ridiculous contracts is going to be laughed at.

In Baltimore's case, they had to learn the hard way.

Joe Fluke-O put together 4 elite games (a stretch he had never done and has not done since) and won the Ravens a Super Bowl. They then gave him a massive contract that he never lived up to. They rewarded him for what he did, not what he was going to do for them.

They seem to be taking the opposite approach with Jackson, especially since his demands seem even crazier given that he's representing himself.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Fields processes the field with a dial up connection. I dont think anything else matters with that guy if he cant get rid of the ball on time and in the right place.

If that improves, the sky is the limit. But Josh Rosen couldn't process and lacked tools and he was basically DOA

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields blows and all the ohio state qbs do

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel its a combination of factors; the offensive line being in taters, the receiving corp not being that talented and yes Fields himself i;e holding the ball to long; not consistently getting past his first read; not being able to anticipate when receivers getting open; learning a brand new offense which takes a year to learn, in only his second year. The Bears offensive woes aren't limited to just one source.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. Fields goes starts a string of fairly good games 2 days later.