• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pointing out that your bad, young, bust of a QB has good numbers with a clean pocket...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Fields processes the field with a dial up connection. I dont think anything else matters with that guy if he cant get rid of the ball on time and in the right place.

If that improves, the sky is the limit. But Josh Rosen couldn't process and lacked tools and he was basically DOA
Yep. He was nice on my fantasy team though, since the fantasy idiots have made QB rushing yards equivalent to runningback yards.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He was nice on my fantasy team though, since the fantasy idiots have made QB rushing yards equivalent to runningback yards.
The thing here is that Justin Fields is only three months older than Will Levis and he is a year younger than Hendon Hooker. Its still not crazy to think that Fields could get better.

If he cut his sack rate in half (and got the ball out in those situations twice as often) he'd be Josh Allen (on a bad team). Its a big if but if he does start reading defenses better than he really could be good.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing here is that Justin Fields is only three months older than Will Levis and he is a year younger than Hendon Hooker. Its still not crazy to think that Fields could get better.
25 games and 588 NFL passing attempts. Seems like a good guy and has been delt a bad hand. It's a crime in today's NFL to not understand the position of QB. Can not explain Da Bears here. When Prescott was forced in to being the starter due to two injuries right before the start of the season, he had talent around him BUT the staff took options away in the passing game. Throw here, not open then tug and run. Prescott, 4th round warts won the O rookie award due to scheme as much as talent. Fields strikes me as a put the work in kinda guy. The Chicago Bears have done this guy ZERO favors.

I admit it, I'd like to see Fields with another team. I'd also like to see the Bears gain another 1, draft their guy at 1 and see if they mess that up too.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he cut his sack rate in half (and got the ball out in those situations twice as often) he'd be Josh Allen (on a bad team). Its a big if but if he does start reading defenses better than he really could be good.
After watching the huge strides Hurts made in his game with off season work in areas I didn’t think a QB could improve upon (traits they just naturally have like arm strength) I’m not quitting on the idea that Fields could have a very high ceiling. Chicago is where QBs go to die though and he’s received very little in the way of development. That’s just a poorly run franchise and has been for decades.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the huge strides Hurts made in his game with off season work in areas I didn’t think a QB could improve upon (traits they just naturally have like arm strength) I’m not quitting on the idea that Fields could have a very high ceiling. Chicago is where QBs go to die though and he’s received very little in the way of development. That’s just a poorly run franchise and has been for decades.
Hurts is an outlier imo. What he has done is absolutely phenomenal.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

getting better, doesnt necessarily mean he will get good.
All the rest of the 2nd half of your post. That is literally all the important stuff for a QB to be good at to be a good QB. So that is a steep hill for him to climb at this time.

Now on the flip side. Get away from Chicago & land somewhere QB friendly. Who knows? But me personally. I would not bet on Fields becoming a good QB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting better, doesnt necessarily mean he will get good.
All the rest of the 2nd half of your post. That is literally all the important stuff for a QB to be good at to be a good QB. So that is a steep hill for him to climb at this time.

Now on the flip side. Get away from Chicago & land somewhere QB friendly. Who knows? But me personally. I would not bet on Fields becoming a good QB.
QB friendly schemes don't want a guy that can't do what Fields can't do.

He's a guy you let run around until you find a real QB.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts is an outlier imo. What he has done is absolutely phenomenal.
I agree but it can be done when an athlete is with the right people.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not quitting on the idea that Fields could have a very high ceiling. Chicago is where QBs go to die though
Correct on both counts. Way, way too early to write him off - in fact, I'd lean toward high ceiling vs bust. But you're also right about your other point, Chicago really is the city where QBs (and WRs while we're at it) go to die. So Fields would have to destroy a decades old truism in order to reach that ceiling.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad some are bringing this up already. Fields has the potential to be next year's Jalen Hurts. The talent is there. Certainly more than we've seen from Zach Wilson or Trey Lance who look like hot, sweaty ass.

Chicago's front office needs to get their shit together and draft him some help though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad some are bringing this up already. Fields has the potential to be next year's Jalen Hurts. The talent is there. Certainly more than we've seen from Zach Wilson or Trey Lance who look like hot, sweaty ass.

Chicago's front office needs to get their shit together and draft him some help though.
This

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PDay8810 it was a legit question. What do you mean you see why I bumped this?
The kitty kitty? I was thinking lay up for RTK.

the second post? I guess continuing what I posted behind koy. :noidea:
Monsters of the Midway & The 46 defense killed that town.
Cursed.:stooges:
I know....Jerry is cursed as well,
different curse but fucked all the same. :pout:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen is what Richardson looks like if he follows that path
Richardson really is an intriguing prospect. He’s so physically gifted. A statement like this may come back to haunt me but I hope we get a nice merger of Richardson commitment to his craft coupled with really solid developmental coaching because if it clicks he could be really fun to watch play the position.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson really is an intriguing prospect. He’s so physically gifted. A statement like this may come back to haunt me but I hope we get a nice merger of Richardson commitment to his craft coupled with really solid developmental coaching because if it clicks he could be really fun to watch play the position.
I think it's hard for me to buy in on a guy who is all tools and production 2nd at an SEC school, personally.

Josh Allen is gonna get teams drafting for the next Josh Allen not realizing Josh Allen panning out is the outlier. Tools wise he's QB1. Production wise he is like QB5, maybe.

People might get mad at me, but you know what Mahomes, Hurts, Jackson, and Burrow all have in common? They were extremely productive in college.