• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pointing out that your bad, young, bust of a QB has good numbers with a clean pocket...

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... is like pointing out that a baseball player has good numbers when he's thrown a fastball straight down the middle.

No shit.

The second a SINGLE excuse is made for a young QB being awful. His career is over. The SECOND that the bull shit merry-go-round of excuses begins. IT'S OVER, JOHNNY!

Just accept, like I have, that your QB... is... a fucking... bust.

"but... but... THE line!"

"but.... but... THE weapons!"

"... but... but... THE coaching!"

Seriously, kiss my ass. How many!? How many QB's do you have to watch go through this shit before you realize IT'S ALWAYS THEM!!! ALWAYS!!!

Even if another position group or your coach sucks. THAT DOES NOT PRECLUDE THEM FROM ALSO SUCKING.

To be clear, I'm merely talking about QB's posting BAD seasons and BAD numbers. Not young guys who just need a weapon or two in order to turn the corner from "good/promising" to "the real deal".

Just stop... please... stop getting caught in this cycle of defending your dumb, young SHIT QB. As a Bears fan, I CANNOT take it.

Your eyes don't lie. If he's bad, he's bad. If he's worth a shit. He still makes plays and thrives in a struggling offense. On a bad team. He makes plays as an individual. He doesn't just curl up in ball and embarrass himself. No receivers or line is going to save most of (or my) QB.

JUST. STOP.
Well said!
Post of the year?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Jr is a Madden Cheat code.
I've heard it mentioned, and I have no idea if this is actually true as I don't follow OSU, but I have heard it mentioned more than once, the offensive system is very, very basic at OSU. They don't run a lot of the more complicated plays, and route-trees that they run at the NFL level. One reason is, their WR's and offense has always been so much better talent-wise that they can get by with a ton of fly, post, and other simple concepts.

Could explain some of the transition struggles for OSU QB's once at the NFL level.

Again - no clue if this is accurate, or not...I've heard it a few times, though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard it mentioned, and I have no idea if this is actually true as I don't follow OSU, but I have heard it mentioned more than once, the offensive system is very, very basic at OSU. They don't run a lot of the more complicated plays, and route-trees that they run at the NFL level. One reason is, their WR's and offense has always been so much better talent-wise that they can get by with a ton of fly, post, and other simple concepts.

Could explain some of the transition struggles for OSU QB's once at the NFL level.

Again - no clue if this is accurate, or not...I've heard it a few times, though.

Day is more pro style (to a fault imo) than Urban. Urban ran a more spread short yardage YAC type offense. Day's offense forced Stroud to make good reads and drop balls in over the defenders.

Fields got more of a hybrid of Urban and Day's offense.

All that said I'm not saying I love Day's offense for college. The lack of a run threat from qb is a problem.

But Stroud is without question the most pro ready qb from OSU of my lifetime (Burrow excluded lol)

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow doesn't claim himself to be a Buckeye, and certainly he wasn't the QB he became while at OSU.

He graduated from OSU, got his degree, but his football acumen didn't hit the tier it did until he landed at LSU. When some OSU fans tried to claim Burrow as the 1st Buckeye to start at QB in the Super Bowl, he pushed that aside and didn't accept it stating: "It's not where you start, it's where you finish. I'm an LSU Tiger. I don't know why OSU fans try to claim me"

I don't blame him. Urban made the wrong call.