• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keeper Trade advice needed

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team 5X5 Roto league auction league with salaries...

we keep 10 major leaguers and up to 8 minor leaguers... we have a 2 round Minor league draft after the Auction...

There is no bench, and we start C,C,1B,2B,3B,SS,MI,CI,5OF,U, 9P(can be any pitchers)
Normal 260 dollar auction budget

My 10 keepers right now are

Paul Goldschmidt-25(2 years left)

Carlos Correa- 4 O
Kris Bryant- 4 O
Logan Forsythe- 2B
Eduardo Nunez 5B
Dexter Fowler- 4B
Seung Hwan Oh- 5B
Max Scherzer-55B
Masahiro Tanaka-17B
John Lackey- 4B

I have my first round minor league draft pick and Yoan Moncada at 4M.

Was just offered Moncada and my first round minor league pick for Trea Turner at 5 O

the O contract means we have the option to extend his contract for 5 dollars per year... If he is not extended then he goes to 5 C...

I already have my salary up to 125 with 13 players to draft... and i do plan on extending Bryant and Correa for 2 more years, that's 20 more dollars
so i am at 145

If i do make the trade, i would want to extend Turner two years as well, so that would be 15 dollar contract...

Now, of course, if i make the trade, i wouldn't be keeping one of the other 10... But some were being kept just because they were cheap and i wanted to make room for Scherzer's big contract...

So 2 questions- is the trade worth it?? who would i not keep...

Plus, i hate the fact i would have to extend Trea turner, the owner activated him too soon and carried him before he was anything... And now he has to be extended after a season where he didn't even play the whole year... He could be the absolute stud that he showed to be, but is he a given enough to spend 15 dollars on him AND lose Moncada??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little confusing... I'm not sure what B and C are.

I would absolutely do the trade. If you're worried about the size of your pre-draft budget, I would say that is a nice problem to have.

Worse comes to worse, you can make another deal that cuts your budget.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little confusing... I'm not sure what B and C are.

I would absolutely do the trade. If you're worried about the size of your pre-draft budget, I would say that is a nice problem to have.

Worse comes to worse, you can make another deal that cuts your budget.

When you draft a player he is signed for a 3 year contract. We denote the years as A,B,C. But after the B season you have the option of extending him(player now becomes a HAVE TO KEEP)
Or just keeps his normal value as a C which is his last season.

My problem is not just the money it is that I have to extend him for the trade to make sense. And that then turns him into a have to keep until his contract runs out. And although he looks great, he has not played a full season yet. Just a huge commitment for an unproven player, especially when giving up the top prospect(or at least top 3) in the game.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you draft a player he is signed for a 3 year contract. We denote the years as A,B,C. But after the B season you have the option of extending him(player now becomes a HAVE TO KEEP)
Or just keeps his normal value as a C which is his last season.

My problem is not just the money it is that I have to extend him for the trade to make sense. And that then turns him into a have to keep until his contract runs out. And although he looks great, he has not played a full season yet. Just a huge commitment for an unproven player, especially when giving up the top prospect(or at least top 3) in the game.

That's true... unfortunately only you can determine that answer. I would without hesitation, but that's me.