• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HURTING FOR RB2 - OPINIONS NEEDED

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - so I went WR heavy in this league and so far it's paid off, but I find myself in a RB bye-week bind this wk. Need to chose from: Hubbard vs DAL, Spear @ JAC, Murray vs NYJ, Mattison (inj) @ DEN, or Dowdle @ CAR. Yes it's a motley bunch, and yes I have attempted to trade with no luck. Missed out on Ty on waivers or I'd feel better with MIN playing Sun night. Hubbard is probably the safest for touches but he scares me against DAL, while the others are primary backups.
So - any advise other than pick one and hope they fall in the endzone ?
@TREFF @SmokingMonkey @HaroldSeattle @broncosmitty @Sam Sportboy @wilwhite - - and anyone else who wishes to chime in.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dallas can be run on, it's just how Long does Carolina stat in the game?
Hubbard still most likely to get touches imho...I'd go that way.
Thanks - That's the concern (other than Hubbard just isn't very good). If it turns into a blow out then Dowdle gets more interesting. ...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, but FantasyPros is telling me to start Chubba over Hunt in one league....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuba Hubbard, hope he gets ya 6-8pts in yardage/recptns with possibility for 14-16pts if he scores

Hubbard by far the safest, Spears prob has highest ceiling (plays ~60% snaps when trailing) but unrealized potential doesn't put food on the table, Dowdle the dark horse candidate to outdo them all but you are relying on either increased usage vs Pollard or heavy garbage time stat stuffing - either way, you are banking on at least 1 TD for him to pan out

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - so I went WR heavy in this league and so far it's paid off, but I find myself in a RB bye-week bind this wk. Need to chose from: Hubbard vs DAL, Spear @ JAC, Murray vs NYJ, Mattison (inj) @ DEN, or Dowdle @ CAR. Yes it's a motley bunch, and yes I have attempted to trade with no luck. Missed out on Ty on waivers or I'd feel better with MIN playing Sun night. Hubbard is probably the safest for touches but he scares me against DAL, while the others are primary backups.
@TREFF @SmokingMonkey @HaroldSeattle @broncosmitty @Sam Sportboy @wilwhite - - and anyone else who wishes to chime in.

Latavius for me. I see Hubbard losing what he gained back to Sanders soon enough… and as you’ve mentioned, Dallas likely blows them out.

The Fournette signing is scary, but Lat has looked very good most of the time. The “new” offense has to see that. No reason he shouldn’t have 10 touches a game… with a good shot at a TD more than not.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the input guys. ......
For now I have Chuba in (though still not confident), I did had Gus the Bus in the other RB spot and despite the Keaton love going around - he's still is the guy getting goal-line touches and touch advantage - that helped the cause.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's one fer ya.
Hubbard
Herbert
Hunt
Sanders
Lockett

Only get to have 1...........would be Lockett but with him being a GTD and the rest of these guise play early, almost have to go with one of the RB's. Hunt is in now.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda like Herbert against the lions.
Also I think near the end of the game he will get some cheap points late.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert I guess but not with confidence.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, to muddy the water even more - Mattison is active. .... do I trust him over the others ?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brian robinson in washington this has been doing great recieving this season.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE - with Mattison active I took the chance on him. He and Chuba scored nearly identical pts - but as it turned out my opponents team simply didn't show up this week - - and between Gus and my WR's (Lamb, Aiyuk and Doubs) I got all I needed. .....