• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I have not seen mentioned here is that the Broncos are the first team to get a second chance at Mahomes. The Broncos players saw a lot of him last year in Week 17 and should be a bit more prepared then some teams. They also have 3 full games of tape to study. Each game gives teams a bit more data to go on. I hope the Broncos have enough to find the key to slowing down the Chiefs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game will be lower scoring than people think. The Chiefs O has been unsustainably good and the Chiefs D has been unsustainably bad.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the most important aspects in terms of a Bronco win is that we are averaging 144 yards on the ground, and the Chiefs are 32nd in overall defense ..

This on its own is encouraging, but when you think how Lindsay and Freeman breaking 5, 6, 8 yard carries at will is going to change the passing attack, this is how we win ... The opportunities will be there .. I have faith in Musgrave to get the plan in place ..

Can we keep up with KC offense ?? .. maybe the question is: can KC's defense keep up with our defense and match them stop for stop ??

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have the ugliest cheerleaders in the NFL. ;)

Not that you or I would objectify cheerleaders based on their looks instead of their technical abilities to arouse the crowd in support of the home team. ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since moving to KC ( as the Texans ), the series between the Chiefs and Broncos is tied 55-55 ...

This one surprised me:

The Broncos and Chiefs have met only ONCE in the postseason - and that was the very memorable 14-10 Bronco victory at Arrowhead en route to our first Super Bowl title ..

KC has won 5 straight games vs the Broncos dating back to 2015

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since moving to KC ( as the Texans ), the series between the Chiefs and Broncos is tied 55-55 ...

This one surprised me:

The Broncos and Chiefs have met only ONCE in the postseason - and that was the very memorable 14-10 Bronco victory at Arrowhead en route to our first Super Bowl title ..

The AFC West has surprisingly few playoff matches between teams. The Broncos have faced the Chargers just once (24-17 win in 2013) and the Raiders twist (20-17 win in 1977 and 24-42 loss in 1993).

Not sure about Raiders-Chargers-Chiefs post season matchups. Not hard to find though.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the most important aspects in terms of a Bronco win is that we are averaging 144 yards on the ground, and the Chiefs are 32nd in overall defense ..

This on its own is encouraging, but when you think how Lindsay and Freeman breaking 5, 6, 8 yard carries at will is going to change the passing attack, this is how we win ... The opportunities will be there .. I have faith in Musgrave to get the plan in place ..

Can we keep up with KC offense ?? .. maybe the question is: can KC's defense keep up with our defense and match them stop for stop ??
Exactly milk the game clock
Get into a ton of 3rd and 3 or less.
Need to slow the game down.

This one surprised me:

And KC has won 17 of the last 18 AFCw matchups .

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly milk the game clock
Get into a ton of 3rd and 3 or less.
Need to slow the game down.

And KC has won 17 of the last 18 AFCw matchups .

They’re on a run vs the AFC West that rivals the run the Broncos has under Manning. Of course, Manning threw in two Conference titles and a Super Bowl win while he was here so the Chiefs still have some work ahead of them.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos wearing all blue for this one.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it was mentioned but Brook and Jones were back at practice yesterday and should play against KC. Having the ventran corners back should allow for some more creative scheming. I hope so anyway.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does the Denver Post put dumbass comments like this in the paper?

What's the biggest difference between the Case Keenum we see this year in Denver & the Keenum we saw last year in Minnesota? Coaching! Put the blame where it belongs.

The moron that said that nonsense should stick to Nascar. The reason Keenum doesn't have the same #'s this year is easy. The Vikings are a better team than the Broncos right now.

Minny probably does have the better squad this year, but this idiot writer needs to call a spade a spade - Keenum's interceptions have simply been horrible decisions on some, and straight up crap throws on the others. This team flat out can't afford RZ turnovers, and I think he's had 3 already in 3 games.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny probably does have the better squad this year, but this idiot writer needs to call a spade a spade - Keenum's interceptions have simply been horrible decisions on some, and straight up crap throws on the others. This team flat out can't afford RZ turnovers, and I think he's had 3 already in 3 games.

The Vikings probably have a better squad? I don't mean to laugh but that's funny. Keenum's an NFL journeyman & had a solid year when he had weapons around him. Right now Minny's offense & Denver's offense aren't comparable. That's the reason Keenum put up the #'s he did last year & isn't off to the same start this year.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings probably have a better squad? I don't mean to laugh but that's funny. Keenum's an NFL journeyman & had a solid year when he had weapons around him. Right now Minny's offense & Denver's offense aren't comparable. That's the reason Keenum put up the #'s he did last year & isn't off to the same start this year.

yeah, only one other team can boast a worse average on the ground compared to the Vikings' whopping 66 yards per game ..

If the Vikings can;t get the run game going and are going to rely on Cousins - who I'd call a journeyman, but a journeymen with a sub .500 career record - no way they get to the NFC championship game s they did last season ..

The Broncos are averaging 144 yds on the ground per game .. In Dec and Jan, that will make this offense look a whole lot better ..

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, only one other team can boast a worse average on the ground compared to the Vikings' whopping 66 yards per game ..

If the Vikings can;t get the run game going and are going to rely on Cousins - who I'd call a journeyman, but a journeymen with a sub .500 career record - no way they get to the NFC championship game s they did last season ..

The Broncos are averaging 144 yds on the ground per game .. In Dec and Jan, that will make this offense look a whole lot better ..

Cousins has played for 2 teams. Keenum has played for 4 teams. You sure Cousins is the journeyman?

Keenum started 14 games last year for Minny due to injury. You mentioned Cousins has a below .500 record. While that's correct Keenum's 22-19 as a start for his career. Take away the 11-4 record he had last year & he's only 11-5 as a starter during his 7 year career. He also went 0-8 in '13 as the Texans starter.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not badmouthing the Broncos. Actually I've gone to 1 game every year @ Mile High since the '10 season. I just don't see Keenum as the QB of the future for Denver. And his career supports what I'm saying about him. He's only a Bronco right now because Elway couldn't get a better QB to come here & play.

Cousins > Keenum

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver could do a lot worse then Keenum. He might not be the second coming of Manning or Brady but he has brought some energy and enthusiasm to the team that was not there before.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it was mentioned but Brook and Jones were back at practice yesterday and should play against KC. Having the ventran corners back should allow for some more creative scheming. I hope so anyway.

Who is Brook? Mingo's ex gf?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock was down today but it was not a new injury.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins has played for 2 teams. Keenum has played for 4 teams. You sure Cousins is the journeyman?

Keenum started 14 games last year for Minny due to injury. You mentioned Cousins has a below .500 record. While that's correct Keenum's 22-19 as a start for his career. Take away the 11-4 record he had last year & he's only 11-5 as a starter during his 7 year career. He also went 0-8 in '13 as the Texans starter.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not badmouthing the Broncos. Actually I've gone to 1 game every year @ Mile High since the '10 season. I just don't see Keenum as the QB of the future for Denver. And his career supports what I'm saying about him. He's only a Bronco right now because Elway couldn't get a better QB to come here & play.

Cousins > Keenum

I don;t feel Keenum is the future either .. and while it is debatable which QB is the better QB, I feel that Keenum is the better QB for the Broncos this season ..

It would have been foolish for the Broncos to tie up that much money in a QB with a sub .500 record and zero playoff wins, esp when we have Miller's contract on the other side ..

If the Broncos were to take on another huge contract, I'd much rather have it be someone like Patrick Peterson ...

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never want to wish this on anyone, but Earl Thomas' injury could have helped the Broncos in that there were rumors of Thomas landing in KC ... He seemed destine for the Cowboys, but regardless, the less the Chiefs have in their secondary, the better ..