• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Denver Broncos Built to beat the Chiefs?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep in quality pass defense personnel - check

Able to rush the passer from the edge and inside - check

Able to run the ball with quality RBs and scheme - check

Team speed to keep up - check

What I like the most is that this team is built to beat the KC Chiefs - this is exactly how the mid 70's Broncos were built to beat the Raiders.

IMO - the only variable not yet covered - is ball security and we will see how that plays out.

The Chargers appear to be built to outscore the Chiefs (good luck) and the Raiders are the mediocre Raiders.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one end to this path you're taking Mingo: Pain. Gonna be a long decade for ya boys. Been there/Done that/Still doing that with Favre/Rodgers. My condolences. Take each and any small victory you can and cling to it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one end to this path you're taking Mingo: Pain. Gonna be a long decade for ya boys. Been there/Done that/Still doing that with Favre/Rodgers. My condolences. Take each and any small victory you can and cling to it.
You're thinking like a Bear's fan - LOL - that's not a universal experience - my friend,

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I like the logic, the Chiefs have owned the Broncos for the past few years so I will believe it when I see it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're thinking like a Bear's fan - LOL - that's not a universal experience - my friend,

Not just a Bears fan...A Bears fan living in Miami Dolphins territory and watching 20 years of them getting Lambasted by Brady and Co. too.

It's just math...One team-because of a HOF QB-takes up a playoff spot every year-probably the division winning spot. The majority of seasons you (as their competition) are fighting an uphill battle. Three franchises in the NFC East could only amount to 2 division championships over 2 decades because of such a scenario.

Bears fans...Vikings fans...Lions fans...Dolphins fans...Jets fans...Bills fans...Texans fans...Jaguars fans...Titans fans...Panthers fans...Rams fans...Saints fans...Falcons fans. All these franchise suffered these fates during the Brady...Favre/Rodgers...Manning...Montana/Young years. I do not stand on an island as a Bears fan with my empathy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just a Bears fan...A Bears fan living in Miami Dolphins territory and watching 20 years of them getting Lambasted by Brady and Co. too.

It's just math...One team-because of a HOF QB-takes up a playoff spot every year-probably the division winning spot. The majority of seasons you (as their competition) are fighting an uphill battle. Three franchises in the NFC East could only amount to 2 division championships over 2 decades because of such a scenario.

Bears fans...Vikings fans...Lions fans...Dolphins fans...Jets fans...Bills fans...Texans fans...Jaguars fans...Titans fans...Panthers fans...Rams fans...Saints fans...Falcons fans. All these franchise suffered these fates during the Brady...Favre/Rodgers...Manning...Montana/Young years. I do not stand on an island as a Bears fan with my empathy.

Change can not happen in your universe?

gunns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a good chance Denver is. Have never been afraid of KC's D and believe our O has improved. Our D has been significantly upgraded and am most interested in seeing how they perform against all teams but mostly the Chiefs. Believe Chiefs made the mistake of thinking the OL was their only achilles heal. Their D has been also and they little to nothing to improve it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo Noah Fant is the type of guy you draft if you want to beat the Chiefs. Surtain is the type of guy you draft if you want to beat the Chargers.

I think you guys mostly draft BPA. I dont really see as clear of a 'we need to beat the Chiefs' as I see in the Raiders roster but maybe thats just me.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change can not happen in your universe?

The only thing between the Chiefs and a 3-peat was the greatest QB of all-time...and Mahomes has 114 TD's in 3 seasons, those being his first at the NFL level.

Change can happen...but KC is going to dominate.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we are there yet but we have set ourselves up with a better chance to beat them... I don't think it is just the "chiefs" though, I think it also has a little to do with Herbert's success last year and the Chiefs and the entire NFL in general becoming a pass happy league... I shouldn't even say "becoming" it has been this way for awhile now...... We have the highest salary at the DB position and drafted a very good CB in the first round. Yes, we are focusing on teams in our division to set ourselves up to be successful. That is 100% no doubt about that. Last year we focused on playmakers to help our boring weak offense and this year we focused on the secondary. I don't think it is specific to one team, but I think it surely plays a roll. If we can't play defense we aren't beating the Chiefs... But not sure we can beat them without a QB at the same time... We seem to be doing this in levels right now. QB should be next. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing between the Chiefs and a 3-peat was the greatest QB of all-time...and Mahomes has 114 TD's in 3 seasons, those being his first at the NFL level.

Change can happen...but KC is going to dominate.

There was more then that between the Chiefs and a 3 peat.

#1. The Buccaneers defense dominated the Chiefs
#2- The Chiefs have only won 1 Super Bowl in a row. So are you saying they are a sure bet to win a 3rd this year? Games aren't won on paper my friend. We have a long ways to go.

Chiefs are surely in contention this year and a front runner, but they are far from a sure bet. Like any team their are concerns... They upgraded at some areas and other areas they aren't as strong. But you have to stay healthy..

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was tiering the NFL out right now, Id have the Bucs in their own tier. I think they'll only lose if Brady gets old or they get a massive number of injuries like the Niners or Cowboys. Although I do think Brady getting old is a real variable.

Chiefs stunk out loud at both red zones last year. Both the Chiefs and Bills IIRC were pretty dependent on big plays and I dont think thats a year to year thing. I think both teams need to get a little more physical to get on the Bucs level. It could happen and I think both teams are trying but its no guarantee. Ravens are very scheme dependent so you can definitely key in on things with them but in terms of talent they're also up there. Packers are good, too.

In terms of scheme needed to beat the Chiefs, you mostly need a front 7 that can shut down RPO and you need a QB who can run a no-huddle offense and you need to be able to attack on every level so you can isolate Sorenson or a Chiefs linebacker on a good player.

So many teams make the playoffs these days that its just more about being the most talented team than scheme. Scheme wins regular season games. Talent seems to win out once you get to the playoffs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a group of dumbasses. :pound: This has probably already been mentioned, but it's hilarious.

Broncos QB's tried to fool covid system in 2020 but were caught on surveillance

Drew Lock, Brett Rypien, Blake Bortles & Jeff Driskel. Here's the real reason all 4 QB's couldn't play against the Saints last year and the team was forced to start a practice squad WR at QB.

At the time none of those QB's were honest during contact-tracing investigations. They were in close contact with each other without wearing face masks & didn't carry their tracking devises as instructed.

And one more thing. Anyone see the local news last week when Troy Renck went outta his way to say many in BroncosNation were very upset that Bridgewater won the starting job? I thought that was fucked up. Because had Lock won the starting job those people wouldn't have had an issue.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was more then that between the Chiefs and a 3 peat.

#1. The Buccaneers defense dominated the Chiefs
#2- The Chiefs have only won 1 Super Bowl in a row. So are you saying they are a sure bet to win a 3rd this year? Games aren't won on paper my friend. We have a long ways to go.

Chiefs are surely in contention this year and a front runner, but they are far from a sure bet. Like any team their are concerns... They upgraded at some areas and other areas they aren't as strong. But you have to stay healthy..

Disagree. Tom Brady doesn't exist and KC wins it all both of those years.

Also, Chiefs may or may not win the Super Bowl. But they will be at the top or near the top of the AFC West for the rest of Mahomes' career...significantly reducing the opportunities the other 3 teams in the division have for winning one of their own. It will be feast or famine (more likely the latter due to Mahomes/KC) for all 3 of those teams for a decade or so. Those 3 will not get the luxury of consistent success/playoff appearances. Just what it is.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish people had better reading comprehension. If I wanted to convey that the Broncos were ready to beat the
Chiefs I would have said that. I said the Broncos were built to beat the Chief's which the same as saying the Broncos are positioned to compete with the Chiefs. Which I believe is a smart way of going about the process of winning the division. So answer anything you want here, but I would prefer a conversation on the topic I started.

@Jiddy = Florida Man

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish people had better reading comprehension. If I wanted to convey that the Broncos were ready to beat the
Chiefs I would have said that. I said the Broncos were built to beat the Chief's which the same as saying the Broncos are positioned to compete with the Chiefs. Which I believe is a smart way of going about the process of winning the division. So answer anything you want here, but I would prefer a conversation on the topic I started.

@Jiddy = Florida Man

The answer is no. But I want it to be yes, for you man.

Edited because I love Mingo.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Tom Brady doesn't exist and KC wins it all both of those years.

Also, Chiefs may or may not win the Super Bowl. But they will be at the top or near the top of the AFC West for the rest of Mahomes' career...significantly reducing the opportunities the other 3 teams in the division have for winning one of their own. It will be feast or famine (more likely the latter due to Mahomes/KC) for all 3 of those teams for a decade or so. Those 3 will not get the luxury of consistent success/playoff appearances. Just what it is.
Obviously, but I am saying without the D performance the Bucs don’t win that game either. Tom Brady wasn’t the only reason why Tampa won. You could say basically any SB team doesn’t win a SB without their QB minus a few Defenses who who with the likes of Trent Dilfer.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, but I am saying without the D performance the Bucs don’t win that game either. Tom Brady wasn’t the only reason why Tampa won. You could say basically any SB team doesn’t win a SB without their QB.

It's hard to say that definitively....Both KC's tackles were out for that Super Bowl...That could make any team with a decent D-line/pass rush a huge problem. That Tampa's was a strength to begin with made it a (Trump Voice) Hyuuuuuuuggggee problem. (which kinda debunks my own argument). But Tampa wouldn't have been there without Brady. So goes the circle of argument. Chiefs would have beat Brady if they won a coin toss in his first year and rolled the Rams most likely.