• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: coms vs chiefs game thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be one long horrible season
I don't think it will be horrible but I see a losing season for sure. 7 or 8 wins is what I am seeing. I believe the oddsmakers are spot on with this team.

It is preseason...but, the starting defense was pulled apart like warm bread this week. Carolina seemed to move the ball fairly easily as well when it was starters vs starters.

It is preseason....but, Wentz seems to be a game manager at this point. I have never been a fan of him (Eagles and Colts) and nothing so far has shown me that he has figured it out. QB play will be better this year for sure, however, we were NEVER just a QB away team like some have claimed.

It is preseason....but, I am not sure JDR is with us in 2023 if he doesn't address the inconsistent play. He had the chance to make position coach upgrades in the offseason, or at least suggest them, but he decided to make stupid comments about a highly sensitive political topic that has polarized this country.

It is preseason.....but, the team does not seem any better off than they did last year. Granted we only have 2 preseason games to go by, but, can anyone honestly say that we have improved significantly in play, discipline and have had an influx of talent? Perhaps when we get some players healthy and the games actually count, we will magically play better. Who knows?

It is preseason....but, can anyone claim they feel Rivera is "the guy" at this point? If our starters came out and kept the Chiefs in check and we put up some points, we would have at least some hope. I believe the game has passed Rivera by. He does not fit the new mold of the current trend of NFL coaches. If we go 7-10 or 8-9 this year, which I think we do, do we start over yet again? Or, do we continue to pretend that Rivera is the coach he was 8 years ago and pretend that he has figured out how to run a successful front office? Can anyone really say that they believe the front office decisions are trending upward?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RR finishes below 500 again which 8 wins is below 500 he needs to go had enough of him

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed more in this game than previous.

I know Mahomes played out his ass, he has the capability.

Wentz was okay, I have no one area to ding him on but they have to find a way to put points on the board. I'll give him the "well, he is still learning the offense" line with one eyebrow raised.

I am going to say a cautionary, they are not game planning yet.

It was good to see TH play better but I expect him to be on the sideline. After being down 14-0 the team only gave up 3 but until the pick and a 3 yard TD drive. Howell did a little again but he is developmental. After the first couple of series most of the guys will be on the sidelines except for ST or some packages.

I have a lot of concern for the OL. What is wrong with Norwell and Turner? How long will Wes be out? What is wrong with Bates? Turner and Hodges are letting a big chance to get away. I don't think football players are as tough as they once were.

I am not going to predict a win total based on preseason. One year Gibbs team went 4-0 and did not fair so well in the regular season. Another year they went 0-4 and Gibbs was pissed. They won 12-14 that year. I remember that like it was yesterday. Local sports guy Steve Buckhantz interviewed Gibbs after the 4 loss and said "some people have you going to the SB." Gibbs retorted "WHO?" Buckhantz replied "Well Playboy ...." to which Gibbs said something like "great Playboy picking football." :pound:

I like AG playing in space and I though Jamin Davis played well. Give credit to a patchwork line.