• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs win but my gut tells me they suffer a significant injury this week. Just got that feeling. Sorry to KC fans hopefully I am wrong for your sake.
KC better have an injury as you cursed Butt with this post.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair question: is our defense just not that good or is Woods just not calling a good game plan? Seems we have a lot of talent but the parts of the game I did see seemed like some of our pass rushing talent was back in coverage like JDR’s 2014 defense. That is never a good comparison.

What say the locals?

I would say it is a combination of the two. The Broncos by their playcalling have shown they don't trust this secondary not to get beat. AT the same time I would say the coaching hasn't exactly put players in their best place to succeed. The easiest choice for that would be Justin Simmons. They have him playing up near the LOS quite often and that just isn't his game. Darian Stewart then is left as the deep safety and he has lost more than a step and finds himself out of position quite often.

Still the talent level of this defense isn't quite what it used to be. The DL and Edge Rush units are stacked big time but beyond them it isn't as pretty. Chris Harris has lost a bit of a step this year, Roby hasn't taken that next step, Marshall is a shell of his former self and might be losing his starting spot, Todd Davis is a good run defender but still gets exposed in the passing game, 3rd CB continues to be a problem. So again the talent level of the 2014-2016 units was better for sure. Woods needs to figure out quickly how to best use this unit. So far he has not done that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC West has surprisingly few playoff matches between teams. The Broncos have faced the Chargers just once (24-17 win in 2013) and the Raiders twist (20-17 win in 1977 and 24-42 loss in 1993).

Not sure about Raiders-Chargers-Chiefs post season matchups. Not hard to find though.
Probably a byproduct of a lack of consistency at the QB position in the AFC West generally speaking. You have Elway and you had late career Manning and late career Gannon in the division being great. You had 'too late' career Montana. Alex Smith, Jake Plummer and Trent Green were all good but never really transcendent.

The elephant in the room saying that is Rivers. It speaks volumes that he has never had a Super Bowl run or battling it out with the other teams in the playoffs.

I think the team you see the AFC West run into a lot is the Colts. And probably the Patriots.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a byproduct of a lack of consistency at the QB position in the AFC West generally speaking. You have Elway and you had late career Manning and late career Gannon in the division being great. You had 'too late' career Montana. Alex Smith, Jake Plummer and Trent Green were all good but never really transcendent.

The elephant in the room saying that is Rivers. It speaks volumes that he has never had a Super Bowl run or battling it out with the other teams in the playoffs.

Even more concerning for Rivers is the fact that he hasn't dominated this division. He had a little bit of a run but otherwise his Charger teams have struggled with anything but mediocrity.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against SF with a pretty bad QB , SD finds a way to play down to the competition. KC looks like the class of the AFCW again. Keenum needs to play well in order for Denver to be in any WC conversation.

Rosen is the guy I wanted. Denver in a trade back with BUF at 12 and 21 could have maybe came away with Rosen and James with some maneuvering. The Lber BUF got would have been a nice choice as well.

Keenum needs to play well and put the QB talk on the back burner till draft time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stats that should give Bronco fans some hope about this game...

Broncos have been a top-5 rushing attack in the NFL where the Chiefs give up 5.2 yards per carry. If the Broncos are to win this game Lindsay and Freeman have to have a big game and the OL has to dominate the trenches.

Chiefs also rank 27th in QB rating allowed at 106.3. If there is a team that Keenum can have a bounce back game against this is the team. On top of the QB rating allowed they also are a terrible Red Zone defense giving up TD's on 88.9% of Red Zone opportunities.

There is some hope in this one. Home game and a good run attack can help keep this game a bit more of a low scoring affair and keep things close. If the Broncos can weather the storm of the 1st quarter where the Chiefs have dominated opponents so far they have a chance.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET'S GO BRONCOS! DO OR DIE TIME! THE CHIEFS NEED TO BE PUT IN THEIR PLACE!

okay, that's all I got....

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain Case with the INT at the worst time. What else is new.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be nice if the defense could fucking cover someone.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss is 100% on the Defense. Swiss cheese defense if I’ve ever seen one.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide open DT Case missed him.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets we are coming for you beware

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets we are coming for you beware

I may as well start watching Sleepaway Camp right now because I am too upset to go to sleep

What a gut wrenching loss

We had those ************* dead to rights ... uggghhhh

I'll hold off on posting anything until the emotion wears off

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide open DT Case missed him.

Keenum is the anti clutch
Kinda feel like this year is lost and a waste .

Went from first to Already 3 games back of KC

Case is good enough to beat bottom feeders and win 7-8 games but that does nothing to move the organization forward.

2nd and 30. Seriously

Mahoomes is Elway like and will be demoralizing Denver fans for years to come.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a few critical, game altering plays Monday night ..

The overthrow to DT is the one that is still haunting me today ..

I suppose any QB could overthrow a pass .. but you couple that with a 72.1 rating - good for 31st in the league - 6 INTs vs 3 TDs .. Keenum hasn't thrown a TD since week one ..

oh **** it, who am I kidding .. the guy is making 18 mil a year and can;t hit a wide open DT to win the game .. He's GOTTA hit that pass ... That one isn;t about learning a new system or playing on a new team ... it's about earning your paycheck and making a throw just about any other NFL QB will make ...