• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like when you guys are really good, its because you guys have a good run defense to back up the pass defense. I don't feel like the Broncos run D is on that 'Super Bowl' level its been in the past and I don't think its really fair to think that Keenum is going to be 'that guy' who is going to Peyton or Elway his way to the win.

I feel like we can see each team's identity in the division pretty clearly. The Chiefs have a great head start but I'm not sure how much confidence any Chiefs fans have in their defense but Mahomes and Hunt came to play and won it for what was otherwise going to be a clear Broncos win.

Its actually pretty crazy to see Mahomes make all of those plays. Definitely the opposite of what usually has happened in this rivalry.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the last SB run, the Broncos won a lot of close games - games that could have easily gone either way ..

imho, the DL the Broncos have is good enough to contend .. We need some help at inside LB and the loss of Talib is a killer .. Talib was the kind of rare CB whose presence had an effect throughout the defense - he locked down an entire region ..

In 2015, Miller gets the sack last night or Manning hits DT ... I don't feel this is a huge coaching issue - maybe I am totally blinded here, but we held the best O in the league in check until the final half of the 4th quarter ..

King's **** 35 yard punt didn;t help matters either ..

Keenum has to hit that pass to DT ... No one is questioning Vance if Keenum just hits a *** **** wide open receiver ...

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the last SB run, the Broncos won a lot of close games - games that could have easily gone either way ..

imho, the DL the Broncos have is good enough to contend .. We need some help at inside LB and the loss of Talib is a killer .. Talib was the kind of rare CB whose presence had an effect throughout the defense - he locked down an entire region ..

In 2015, Miller gets the sack last night or Manning hits DT ... I don't feel this is a huge coaching issue - maybe I am totally blinded here, but we held the best O in the league in check until the final half of the 4th quarter ..

King's **** 35 yard punt didn;t help matters either ..

Keenum has to hit that pass to DT ... No one is questioning Vance if Keenum just hits a *** **** wide open receiver ...

I wonder how much FA money we'll have in 19? I think at minimum we need T DT CB CB S MLB TE threat with 1 biggie QBOTF. Draft like we did in 18. I never had a high bar set for Keenum but, so far I'm disappointed with his turnover issues

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually not one to ruminate, but I can't seem to shake this loss

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually not one to ruminate, but I can't seem to shake this loss

I can't get past this either. That and the Keenum miss to DT at the end. Broncos should have won that game but that's the way the ball bounces in the NFL. The huge Rockies win last night is helping ease the pain a little bit though.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drive that haunts me the most was when the offense took over at 6:30 with the good guys leading 23-20. Run Freeman with Jano blocking! Ugh. Should have been able to ice it on the ground against that Chiefs defense that had no answer for our ground attack.

Then after the game VJ is heard saying “you score by throwing the ball.” Uh, don’t look now coach but we’ve punched it in on the ground 4 times in the last 2 weeks and have 0 passing TDs since week 1! Embrace the identity this offense has, not the one you wish it had!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the TV version of the game and it was eye opening to me. The INT was on Jeff Heuerman. He needs to come back the ball instead of backing away from the ball. The pass to DT was a heart breaker, but not as bad of a throw as it my vantage point on Monday night.

Not even going to go into the no delay of game call.

Overall the team played one of the best offenses in the NFL just the way they needed to mostly. The 4th quarter drive up 3 we should have had Freeman in the game and play some power football. The swing pass to Sanders was another conservative call when we needed to attack a bit more.

The hook and ladder play looked horrible, but seeing the TV angle it was a very aggressive call, and would have been a game winner if Sanders gets the ball. Gutsy play call and almost pulled if off.

The Defense had 2 major flaws and 1 more minor one in my opinion.
1. They did not contain Mahomes in pocket, and let him make plays outside the pocket.
2. Blew the long play to the TE on the non-delay of game play.
3. Run Defense gave up a lot of yards after contact.

The team played pretty well overall. I am ok with how they played overall, and disappointed that they lost another game they should have won.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hook and ladder play looked horrible, but seeing the TV angle it was a very aggressive call, and would have been a game winner if Sanders gets the ball. Gutsy play call and almost pulled if off.

I loved that call and even though Sanders looked surprised, I think it was a great call for that situation ..

I was worried that Keenum was going to take a sack to end the game - that hook and ladder play was set up to develop fast - Keenum didn;t have to wait for something to open up or anything, and with Sutton about a yard or so short of the first down, KC was definitely going to play behind him, giving him a good chance to catch it, and Sanders would shock everyone and take care of the rest ..

It's a shame because that game - and all the excitement involved - seemed destine to end with a miraculous final play ...

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, Keenum blew it. He missed a wide open DT for the game winner. Period. It was an easy throw, and that’s what he gets paid to do. We paid 18 million for Kyle Orton. I don’t hate Keenum, but Elway totally whiffed on this one too. And take into account how bad KC defense is. They are pathetically bad. And we put up a paltry 23.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get past this either. That and the Keenum miss to DT at the end. Broncos should have won that game but that's the way the ball bounces in the NFL. The huge Rockies win last night is helping ease the pain a little bit though.

IMO trade DT . He said two weeks back he will be playing else were he IMO is not putting in the time to get timing down with Keenum

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, Keenum blew it. He missed a wide open DT for the game winner. Period. It was an easy throw, and that’s what he gets paid to do. We paid 18 million for Kyle Orton. I don’t hate Keenum, but Elway totally whiffed on this one too. And take into account how bad KC defense is. They are pathetically bad. And we put up a paltry 23.

It takes extra time to get really good my guess DT is half way out the door ..just cashing checks at this point

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just in Case you want to see it again

Kinda like that Sleepaway Camp ending --

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT was on record in the offseason that he wanted to end his career in Denver. I am not sure Elway will offer him anything to stay with Sutton here. I thought Sanders was the one that would be out the door at the year, but not it seems like DT might be that guy. Both may be gone.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt both are gone. One seems likely though at this rate.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt both are gone. One seems likely though at this rate.
I agree and early on it was Sanders making plays, but now DT is making as many or more then Sanders. I think Sutton and DT are very similar. Sanders has tools that Hamilton doesn't. It is intriguing to have 2 big WRs, but I am not sure that is where we are going go.

This team seems to need a culture change. Not sure they go into games expecting to win anymore.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO trade DT . He said two weeks back he will be playing else were he IMO is not putting in the time to get timing down with Keenum

I call BS. Link?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call BS. Link?

He never said what Crash is saying he said.

As you know I know DT's roommate well. Had him on the indoor team I recruit for. Talk to him all the time. Was at DT's house last year when I was out for the Raiders game. DT either wants to end his career in Denver, or the only other wish he would have is finish in Atlanta where he is from.

Now, he may not have a choice in the matter, but he loves being in Denver.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and early on it was Sanders making plays, but now DT is making as many or more then Sanders. I think Sutton and DT are very similar. Sanders has tools that Hamilton doesn't. It is intriguing to have 2 big WRs, but I am not sure that is where we are going go.

This team seems to need a culture change. Not sure they go into games expecting to win anymore.

Right.

Sutton is similar to DT
Hamilton to Sanders.

Just gotta develop now before we say they are in the same class.

Sutton is well on his way. Still has to prove it.

Hamilton's PT should really start picking up now that we know we stuck.