• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After laying an egg in Baltimore this game is huge. If we can win we will be tied for 1st place, but if we lose now we are 2 game out of 1st.

The team as whole will need more focus on Monday Night. Hopefully with a loud crowd will make it rough on the Chiefs offense and help energize the D. Right now I am afraid that Monday could be a blow out.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First road game of the season and at Baltimore...none of us should be surprised they looked bad. I wish they’d give us those @ Baltimore games later in the season. With that said it cannot be emphasized enough how vital it is to rebound.

This team doesn’t look like anything special right now. Maybe can win 9 or 10 games, maybe not. Definitely not looking like anything great at this point in the season.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest game since we beat Carolina in the SB

KC and Mahomes have becomes the darlings of the NFL ..

Taking the attention away from them and smacking KC's offense in the mouth as we did vs Cam and the Panthers will go a long way to righting this season

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance's HC career is at a crossroads

A blowout loss, and the specter last year's 3-1 start starts hanging over the team

A win will not only put us in a tie with a team a lot of people are picking to represent the AFC, but it makes a statement and puts the question back on the Chiefs' - esp Reid's - shoulder about winning big game ..

Doubt needs to be put back in their heads ... There is nothing worse than a KC team on a roll

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahoomes is the real deal
He made an Elway like TD today.
Broke the TD record through 3 games
Better than any HOF QB Evan

Our offense better show up or it could be ugly
But then again Buf at Minny so who knows what team will show up

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair question: is our defense just not that good or is Woods just not calling a good game plan? Seems we have a lot of talent but the parts of the game I did see seemed like some of our pass rushing talent was back in coverage like JDR’s 2014 defense. That is never a good comparison.

What say the locals?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the pressure is now on the Cheifs. I love it! Their D is terrible, it is everything I'd never want. Their offense is everything I'd want (right now).

I see a common theme vs the Chiefs though. 3 games. 3 bad D's who are not physical at all. You gotta be physical with the Chiefs on D to beat them. Being prissy isn't going to cut it. They are a pretty boy team.. Flashy offense. Not a bring your lunch pale to work and pop ya in the face team.

Those types of teams can be beaten by physical, nastyness, something they haven't played against yet. On D they get no pass rush, and their DB's are pretty bad... Eric Berry is questionable.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I have little confidence that Joe can put together a good enough game plan to beat the Chiefs. VJ all but called him out after week 2's game plan of playing off vs. the Raiders, and that didn't much change.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs win but my gut tells me they suffer a significant injury this week. Just got that feeling. Sorry to KC fans hopefully I am wrong for your sake.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The football gods hate us- so I halfway expect this.

So far, the football Gods love the Chiefs this year.

A turning point game for the Broncos this year. I'm not necessarily predicting a Broncos victory but this game needs to be very competitive (and close) for VJ to have a clear path to remain as the Broncos head coach. Andy Reid will have a good game plan and he certainly knows what to expect coming into Mile High.

Everyone's been kind of waiting for Mahomes to show some first year starter stumbles but he continues to impress. He's shown great poise, accuracy and fearlessness in his short passing game and his ability to really push the ball down the field. Flacco was able to move the ball in big chunks against the Broncos and Joe Woods is going to have to really make some changes in philosophy to stop the Chiefs offensive machine.

Altitude and a fired up fan base should help the Broncos, especially late in the game but that will only matter if the Broncos keep things close in the first half. We've also been waiting to see Vikings Keenum or training camp Keenum show up. Also a major crossroads for his time in Denver as the starting QB this upcoming Monday night. The Chiefs defense will provide some opportunities for our offense to score some points.

I think the Broncos show up for this one. It's almost a good thing that they struggled on both sides of the ball last week in Baltimore, as it will add an intensity toward correcting those mistakes and having a good showing on national TV.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see how Denver can keep up
With the Chiefs speed. Speed kills.

We also have no answer for Kelse.
Him and Mahomes alone could win this game for KC.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now my feeling is that Denver is going to be really pumped up for this game. I think they're going to give the Chiefs their best shot

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now my feeling is that Denver is going to be really pumped up for this game. I think they're going to give the Chiefs their best shot

You hope so.
This team needs to rebound after losses as opposed to last year when they could not stop the bleeding with double digit losses

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos will win - plain and simple. Chiefs go home crying (again).

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I would post how each team ranks in the NFL going into the game:
Kansas City:
Offense: 7th with 398.3 yards per game.
Rushing: 15th with 103.3 yards per game.
Passing: 7th with 295.0 yards per game
Scoring: 1st with 39.3 points per game

Defense: 32nd with 474.0 per game
Rushing: 18th with 111.3 yards per game
Passing: Tied for 31st with 362.7 yards per game
Scoring: 30th with 30.7 points per game

Turnover Differential: Tied at 8th with +1

Denver:
Offense: Tied for 11th with 382.7 yards per game
Rushing: 3rd with 144.7 yards per game
Passing: 16th with 238.0 yards per game
Scoring: 19th with 20.3 points per game.

Defense:14th with 340.3 yards per game
Rushing: 4th with 77.7 yards per game
Passing: 22nd with 262.7 yards per game
Scoring: 16th with 23.3 ports per game

Turnover Differential: Tied at 24th with -2

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look at this and it appears Kansas City will kill us as what our defense struggles with they excel at, and our defensive strength is their weakness. Kansas City's defense is bad. Their only saving grace in the running game is their offense scores so many points that it forces the other team to keep up.

In my opinion if Denver has a chance we have to play Kansas City the way we played Seattle. Controlled pass rush to keep Maholmes from running all over the place. You have to double Kelce and take your chances that the pass rush can get home before Hill gets open deep. Having Brock and Jones back will be a huge help. I would not be surprised if neither play which makes matching up even harder.

On offense we need to effectively play keep away. Run the ball and hit them over the top when the defense cheats up. Shorten the game and make missed opportunities hurt KC. If the game turns into a track meet we are done.

I think this is a close game and the Broncos will win if we can limit the penalties to 5-7 for 70 or less yards and win the turnover battle. The Chiefs are talented, but so are the Broncos. This would be a great game to flash the talent and potential for how good they can be.

A good sign from last week DT started to flash what he can do in the second half. Sadly it took until the second half.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs suck - their cheerleaders suck - the whole danged town sucks - their QB will stink be the year is out. If there is a righteous almighty - the Broncos will win. It's really pretty simple.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does the Denver Post put dumbass comments like this in the paper?

What's the biggest difference between the Case Keenum we see this year in Denver & the Keenum we saw last year in Minnesota? Coaching! Put the blame where it belongs.

The moron that said that nonsense should stick to Nascar. The reason Keenum doesn't have the same #'s this year is easy. The Vikings are a better team than the Broncos right now.