• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Denver Broncos Built to beat the Chiefs?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowhere did I say injuries didn't or don't play a role in the outcome of the game. I am simply saying the Buccaneers D dominated the Chiefs offense in this game. Weather Mickey Mouse, Tweetie Bird or Bugs Bunny were in at OT they dominated them. The defense played a huge role in that game. That is my only point. I am not saying anything about injuries not playing a role in the Buccaneers d dominating the Chiefs. Like every team has experienced injuries on the OL hurt the Chiefs. The Buccaneers took advantage of it and they won the game. That's football for you my friend. The Bucs D stepped up. The Chiefs did not.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep in quality pass defense personnel - check

Able to rush the passer from the edge and inside - check

Able to run the ball with quality RBs and scheme - check

Team speed to keep up - check

What I like the most is that this team is built to beat the KC Chiefs - this is exactly how the mid 70's Broncos were built to beat the Raiders.

IMO - the only variable not yet covered - is ball security and we will see how that plays out.

The Chargers appear to be built to outscore the Chiefs (good luck) and the Raiders are the mediocre Raiders.
It all comes down to these things
1. Can ST's help us win and not cause us to lose
2. Can IOL handle Chris Jones
3. Can Miller and Chubb stay on field together and actually produce
4. Can QB's play slightly above avg not feel the pressure of facing Pat and force things
5. Can Shurmur call a good game against them
6. Can gameday Fangio improve greatly

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowhere did I say injuries didn't or don't play a role in the outcome of the game. I am simply saying the Buccaneers D dominated the Chiefs offense in this game. Weather Mickey Mouse, Tweetie Bird or Bugs Bunny were in at OT they dominated them. The defense played a huge role in that game. That is my only point. I am not saying anything about injuries not playing a role in the Buccaneers d dominating the Chiefs. Like every team has experienced injuries on the OL hurt the Chiefs. The Buccaneers took advantage of it and they won the game. That's football for you my friend. The Bucs D stepped up. The Chiefs did not.

You had a huge boner watching your rival eat it didn't you? Don't worry...I had the same boner when Elway dropped the Pack.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had a huge boner watching your rival eat it didn't you? Don't worry...I had the same boner when Elway dropped the Pack.

Of course I did. I even put 100.00 on the Chiefs to win and told myself if I could pay someone 100.00 to make the Chiefs lose then it was well worth my money. I looked at it as I paid 100.00 to bring the Chiefs bad luck. ;)

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I did. I even put 100.00 on the Chiefs to win and told myself if I could pay someone 100.00 to make the Chiefs lose then it was well worth my money. I looked at it as I paid 100.00 to bring the Chiefs bad luck. ;)

I was reading on the Bears reddit that Caesars Palace online has a deal where if you are in a legal state for online gambling you can bet $100 on any football game in the first 3? or so weeks and they give you a free voucher for an NFL jersey. Still illegal in Florida so I won't touch it, but if that's legal by you may be something to look into.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading on the Bears reddit that Caesars Palace online has a deal where if you are in a legal state for online gambling you can bet $100 on any football game in the first 3? or so weeks and they give you a free voucher for an NFL jersey. Still illegal in Florida so I won't touch it, but if that's legal by you may be something to look into.

Hmmm. Thanks. I will have to take a look at that. I try not to get carried away but a little here and there.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. Thanks. I will have to take a look at that. I try not to get carried away but a little here and there.

Up to $5,000 Risk Free Bet
Free NFL jersey when you bet $100 on NFL in September!
MUST USE Promo Code: LEGALRF

I guess it's legit cuz there it is right off the website...

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. Back in the early days of Netflix when I was renting DVDs from them, I rented the Bucs Raiders Super Bowl just to get the enjoyment of watching the Raiders get smashed on the biggest stage in football.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every division in the league tends to be cyclical. Maybe only New England bucked that trend for many years in the AFC East. I think the Broncos have done a good job to be more competitive with the Chiefs (and Chargers) in the last few years. Their draft picks seem to have positioned us for more success this upcoming season and beyond (on paper). Our issue has been and may always be, the quarterback position. Until the Broncos find their long term answer at QB, we'll continue to fall short of division supremacy.

Anxious to see how our skill position players pan out this year. I'm not overly optimistic that Bridgewater is our answer but perhaps he can manage the game well enough to help deliver some success.

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing between the Chiefs and a 3-peat was the greatest QB of all-time...and Mahomes has 114 TD's in 3 seasons, those being his first at the NFL level.

Change can happen...but KC is going to dominate.
Actually his first 4 seasons, he only started 1 game as a rookie.

I mean if you want to take 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seasons into account, Marino still owns him with 122 TD's in that span (in a much harder era to do that in). Patrick got over that SB hump early, but there's still no reason to think KC won't go the same route as Miami. All time QB that comes up short....hell that was us for what felt like forever. That's been Green Bay as well.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually his first 4 seasons, he only started 1 game as a rookie.

I mean if you want to take 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seasons into account, Marino still owns him with 122 TD's in that span (in a much harder era to do that in). Patrick got over that SB hump early, but there's still no reason to think KC won't go the same route as Miami. All time QB that comes up short....hell that was us for what felt like forever. That's been Green Bay as well.

Super Bowls is one thing...and sure it's possible KC never gets back for all we know. But with Mahomes they will have plenty of playoff berths, thus opportunities. I can speak of what I've seen in the past 3. But the key is that the Chiefs, with Mahomes, WILL see a ton of playoff berths...harming the chances of those in their division first and foremost. Marino? 10 playoff berths. It took a Buffalo team with MULTIPLE HOF'ers (including one at QB) to put a dent in that obstacle. Outside of that? Pure carnage for the opponents in the division. So actually, Marino plays in more to what I was getting at than less.

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowls is one thing...and sure it's possible KC never gets back for all we know. But with Mahomes they will have plenty of playoff berths, thus opportunities. I can speak of what I've seen in the past 3. But the key is that the Chiefs, with Mahomes, WILL see a ton of playoff berths...harming the chances of those in their division first and foremost. Marino? 10 playoff berths. It took a Buffalo team with MULTIPLE HOF'ers (including one at QB) to put a dent in that obstacle. Outside of that? Pure carnage for the opponents in the division. So actually, Marino plays in more to what I was getting at than less.
Meeeeeh....5 divisional championships in 16 seasons of starting, 3rd or worse in their division in 8 of his seasons. While everyone was saying Marino is awesome...no one was saying, oh shit how do we stop the Dolphins. Just like our boy Peyton.

Football will never be a one man sport.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many Chiefs and not enough Broncos.