• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos 2022 Schedule

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also played the Chiefs a few years back on TNF in an ugly game. Mahomes got injured and Henne lit us up. Think we lost like 30-8 or 30-6 or something weird.
I believe that was a home game and we had Flacco at QB. Flacco surprised us all by driving for an opening score and then they went for 2 as I recall. And after that the Broncos avoided the end zone like it was a toxic waste dump site.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of who we play the first week, I think it was awfully poor planning on the NFL's part with regard to the schedule in general. In their rush to install an extra game I wonder if they even considered the fact each year 1/2 the league has an advantage over the other 1/2 with regards to home games. I would be interested to see if this plays a role in how the playoff teams shake out.

I think the conferences alternate: last year the AFC had 9 home games and this year the NFC does. So as far as playoffs goes, within conferences it should still be even. With that said, I am a huge critic of the 17 game schedule. It's awful and if the league wanted to ruin the most perfectly balanced league alignment/scheduling formula they had with the 16 game schedule they should have gone all in and made it 18 games, expanded rosters, and 2 byes. The schedule would no longer include inter-conference play: 18 games against your own conference. 6 division games and 12 games against the other 3. Every year. It'll make the Super Bowl that much more exciting.

Then again, the actual game at the Super Bowl has become the least of the league's priority so I don't expect any actual fan-oriented decisions out of the league anytime soon.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the conferences alternate: last year the AFC had 9 home games and this year the NFC does. So as far as playoffs goes, within conferences it should still be even. With that said, I am a huge critic of the 17 game schedule. It's awful and if the league wanted to ruin the most perfectly balanced league alignment/scheduling formula they had with the 16 game schedule they should have gone all in and made it 18 games, expanded rosters, and 2 byes. The schedule would no longer include inter-conference play: 18 games against your own conference. 6 division games and 12 games against the other 3. Every year. It'll make the Super Bowl that much more exciting.

Then again, the actual game at the Super Bowl has become the least of the league's priority so I don't expect any actual fan-oriented decisions out of the league anytime soon.
I believe the owners would have loved to go to an 18 game schedule, but there was absolutely no way the players would have gone for a 2 game jump IMHO. I do think in the next CBA there will be talks of an 18 game schedule with a second bye week and expanded rosters.

Since the NFL has the 17 game schedule, I would like to see all teams play a game at a neutral site. London has been hosting games for a few years now, and the Broncos would like to get an annual game in Mexico City. I am sure we could find some other OUS sites that could host a game, and there are some venues in the US that could host as well, including college stadiums. I am not complete opposed to seeing an NFL Stadium hosting 2 teams from outside the area, for instance the Jets and Seahawks could play in Denver. I don’t like on conference having more home games then the other, but I do enjoy the extra week of football.