• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick wearing Dolphins cap for 4th of July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh so kaeps a murder because of tats. Hernandez caused problems his entire life. Man how low are you? Classifying people with tats as possible murderers?

Dude, I'm joking. :doh:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ok that was over my head. My bad. Kinda riled up a bit. I apologize.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF fans are the ones blowing his twitter up, ragging on him. Are those fans better than this?

So how the general public on behaves on twitter is a good standard to compare yourself with?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about calling him immature while defending their starting RB for wearing another teams shirt in their weight room. I am talking about the. Calling out Kaep for trademarking kaepernicking yet leave out he donates everything to children with heart conditions. Them calling out Kaep for being dumb but his GPA, wonderlick, coaches, players and everyone who knows him say otherwise. I am talking about the constant lies to try and make them feel good about themselves. Calling someone a thug for having tattoos. That's what I am talking about. All the bullshit they know is bullshit but they spew it to get people riled up. That's the shit that was on espn.

Now, if you want to have a discussion on who is going to be better or is this or that fine. But this whole thug because of tattoos shit is a joke.

Show me one lie I've made and I'll retract it. Period.

Show me where I've said he is dumb, or where someone else has. I must have missed that.

You can be charitable and still immature. I have no doubt he gives back. T.O. gave back, but that didn't change who he was.

Show me where anyone has said something that isn't either true, or an opinion and we can discuss it. So far the only SF fans posting here are recent ESPN refugees looking to start a fight, a poster who also agrees it was lame, but doesn't think it's a big deal, and a couple of brief comments.

I'm not sure why all of a sudden some of your crew is trying to make this into a big deal, but it doesn't have to be. I've pointed out things that are factual about his character and why it makes me believe he has some growing up to do. He is 25 ffs and I said maybe he grows up and becomes who a franchise QB should be. How is that not being realistic while holding onto an opinion? That is far from trash talking or dragging a guy through the mud. This was just one of several things that led me to this opinion and I stated as much. The hat thing is so trivial and not the only reason I see things the way I do and have said as much. Sheesh you all need to grow some thicker skins.

As for a guy wearing his own shirt? I asked the other troll and I'll ask you. Do you not see any difference at all with a guy wearing a shirt from his former team with his logo/name on it in a private area vs a guy wearing a hat from another team he has no ties to what-so-ever and did so in public, then when questioned about it came off like a street thug about it? If you can't honestly answer that question as there is a significant difference then there is no conversation that can be had. The hat was minor and the shirt was a non issue both because it was his own shirt and in a private area, and because he is a RB and not the face of the franchise. These seem like reasonable and obvious distinctions to me.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2ivtwl.jpg

Go Seahawks.

Does anyone else think Wilsons marriage might be a ruse?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else think Wilsons marriage might be a ruse?

ok, now you are just plain trolling. I think I'm done trying to help you find your way here. Any SF fans want to help your new members with the rules? Seems it falls on deaf ears (eyes?) when it comes from the 'enemy'.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trolling, but you questioning Kaepernicks character based on nothing more than his appearance is not inviting it?

Kapernick has been a role model human being his entire life. 4.0 student, honor roll, multi sport athlete, no criminal record... he is an A+ human being.

Your efforts to prove otherwise are based on appearances. If you want Urkel to be your QB, then fine...
2005_0308_urkel.jpg

But hating on Kaepernick the way you are only makes you look silly jealous.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hysterical, this thread might be a legitimate subject if you're discussing your own quarterback, but the fact that it's a thread started on the Seahawk board shows me that as much as they might deny it, the same ESPN board idiots aren't "just reacting to the 49er trolls" when they post stuff about the 49ers on their own board. Kaepernick and Harbaugh should pay you guys rent for as much as they're in your heads.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non story. It's dumb but he's just matching the rest of his clothes. I know a lot of people like that. It means nothing about loyalty or whatever.

^^^ This! It seems you are the only one with sense in this thread

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ This! It seems you are the only one with sense in this thread

Yeah, Harbaugh has no sense, I guess. Go Niners!

Colin Kaepernick?s Dolphins hat recalls an old Jim Harbaugh spat | ProFootballTalk

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick thinks it’s no big deal that he likes to wear a Miami Dolphins hat. His coach may disagree.

When 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was a player, he made it very clear that he didn’t like seeing anyone wearing an opposing team’s colors.

In fact, in 2000, when Harbaugh played for the Chargers, he got angry at Jim Trotter, then a San Diego Union-Tribune reporter, for showing up at Chargers practice wearing a 49ers sweatshirt. Harbaugh said it was “pathetic” that Trotter would wear such a shirt, and he refused to answer any of Trotter’s questions.

“I don’t talk to anybody in a San Francisco 49ers shirt,” Harbaugh told Trotter. “How could you wear that out here? . . . Seriously, man. How could you wear that out here to a Chargers facility?”

Trotter responded that he’s not an employee of the Chargers, and Harbaugh said he wouldn’t talk to Trotter as long as he was wearing 49ers gear.

“I don’t answer any questions from anybody wearing the enemy’s jersey,” Harbaugh said.

Harbaugh may have something to say to Kaepernick about wearing the enemy’s hat.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Harbaugh has no sense, I guess. Go Niners!

Colin Kaepernick?s Dolphins hat recalls an old Jim Harbaugh spat | ProFootballTalk

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick thinks it’s no big deal that he likes to wear a Miami Dolphins hat. His coach may disagree.

When 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was a player, he made it very clear that he didn’t like seeing anyone wearing an opposing team’s colors.

In fact, in 2000, when Harbaugh played for the Chargers, he got angry at Jim Trotter, then a San Diego Union-Tribune reporter, for showing up at Chargers practice wearing a 49ers sweatshirt. Harbaugh said it was “pathetic” that Trotter would wear such a shirt, and he refused to answer any of Trotter’s questions.

“I don’t talk to anybody in a San Francisco 49ers shirt,” Harbaugh told Trotter. “How could you wear that out here? . . . Seriously, man. How could you wear that out here to a Chargers facility?”

Trotter responded that he’s not an employee of the Chargers, and Harbaugh said he wouldn’t talk to Trotter as long as he was wearing 49ers gear.

“I don’t answer any questions from anybody wearing the enemy’s jersey,” Harbaugh said.

Harbaugh may have something to say to Kaepernick about wearing the enemy’s hat.

seriously bro!? Do you know the age difference between Jim and Collin? Just in case you didnt notice they are from a different era. I for one, would never be caught in anything but a Niners, Lakers, SFGiants, Tar Heel(basketball), Florida St(football) cap/jersey, but i guess you can say im old school. Todays kids dont care about what it represents, its about fashion to them.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how this turned into a flame war, but that needs to stop. We all left our respective boards to get away from that crap, didn't we?

Back to the topic at hand... I don't really care what hat he wears, as he doesn't play for the Seahawks and I'm not his employer. I'm just trying to look at it from the perspective of the owners/executives of a major company that is part of a larger industry in which there are other companies that are in competition with my company. If I hire someone to work for me and he's essentially going to be the public face of the company (which all players are to a degree, but the starting quarterback most certainly is), it doesn't reflect well on my company if he's out in public wearing the gear/logo of a competing company.

The public face of a company has to be aware of his actions at all times and not say, do or wear anything that gives the impression that he'd rather be working somewhere else. It's clear he just saw it as wearing one of many hats that he has in his collection and if he didn't work for the 49ers, that would be fine; but he not only works for the 49ers, he's the face of the franchise as the franchise quarterback. He has to be more aware than that when he's in public. It's not as big a deal as getting himself arrested or something like that, but I don't think it's no deal at all either. We'll see what his employer thinks. They're unlikely to say anything publicly about it because they don't want to make it into a bigger thing than it already is, but if they had a problem with it, I'm sure they talked to him and if they didn't, they didn't.

The same goes for Lynch, by the way. He works for the Seahawks and until that changes, he should only be wearing Seahawks gear in public and especially when he's using the team's facilities. Then again, I don't pay him, so my opinion doesn't matter all that much. If Paul Allen or the people in the front office or on the coaching staff don't care that he wore it, fine, but as a fan I'd prefer it if he didn't wear other NFL teams' gear while he's playing for the Seahawks. He can wear his Cal gear or the gear from any other team in any other sport all he wants, but once you sign a contract to work for a particular company/team, you shouldn't allow yourself to be seen wearing the gear from another company/team. We live in the social media age now. These guys have to be more aware of what they're saying, doing and wearing.

By the way... can we also stop with the "so-and-so has lots of tattoos... he must be a thug" stuff? I have lots of friends with many tattoos. None of them are thugs. The way a person talks doesn't necessarily make them a thug either. Let's just leave the "thug" talk for the people who actually do thuggish things, like beating the crap out of someone or brandishing weapons in public, etc. What you wear and what you decide to put on your body is not always an indicator of who you are as a person. Where we run into trouble on these boards is when we suggest that it is.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP, CK started working out not even a week removed from super bowl defeat. Can you supply a list of the other QBs who did this? While you do that research, please include the exact date Wilson started his off season workouts.

Not only did he immediately start to work on his game, he worked with the young WRs on improving their strength and knowledge of the playbook. One player stated, he couldnt even watch a tv show without CK drilling him during commercials on plays, defensive counters, audibles, and route adjustments. If this doesnt sound like someone who takes it serious being a leader, then frankly you are just a hater!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously bro!? Do you know the age difference between Jim and Collin? Just in case you didnt notice they are from a different era. I for one, would never be caught in anything but a Niners, Lakers, SFGiants, Tar Heel(basketball), Florida St(football) cap/jersey, but i guess you can say im old school. Todays kids dont care about what it represents, its about fashion to them.

So you disagree with Harbaugh, who has no sense.

Thanks!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP, CK started working out not even a week removed from super bowl defeat. Can you supply a list of the other QBs who did this? While you do that research, please include the exact date Wilson started his off season workouts.

Not only did he immediately start to work on his game, he worked with the young WRs on improving their strength and knowledge of the playbook. One player stated, he couldnt even watch a tv show without CK drilling him during commercials on plays, defensive counters, audibles, and route adjustments. If this doesnt sound like someone who takes it serious being a leader, then frankly you are just a hater!

This is about the niner's QB's decision to wear another NFL team's logo in public, and then tell anybody criticizing it that they should shut up because he'll do what he wants.

Stay on topic, please.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP is not a troll post. It's on the Seahawks board. Is it a thread to poke fun at Kap? sure. But it's not trolling. It would be trolling if the OP posted it on the niners board, but it's not.

Posters would get confused about this type of thing on ESPN and it created the trollmageddon that it is now.

You will rarely catch me on the niner board sniffing out threads about the Hawks like several niner fans seem to be doing on this board. Do you want to know why? Because I know that if I start defending the Hawks on another board it will lead to more and more arguing and eventually I will be considered a troll.

So basically, when you go to other team's boards keep in mind that they dont think like you and most likely dont like your team.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP is not a troll post. It's on the Seahawks board. Is it a thread to poke fun at Kap? sure. But it's not trolling. It would be trolling if the OP posted it on the niners board, but it's not.

Posters would get confused about this type of thing on ESPN and it created the trollmageddon that it is now.

You will rarely catch me on the niner board sniffing out threads about the Hawks like several niner fans seem to be doing on this board. Do you want to know why? Because I know that if I start defending the Hawks on another board it will lead to more and more arguing and eventually I will be considered a troll.

So basically, when you go to other team's boards keep in mind that they dont think like you and most likely dont like your team.

Uhh, it shows up on the general board, that's why Niners fans are commenting on it. I have no interest going to Seahawk boards or I might puke from all of Wilson worship.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh, it shows up on the general board, that's why Niners fans are commenting on it. I have no interest going to Seahawk boards or I might puke from all of Wilson worship.

As you post on....The Seahwaks Board, not the General Board.

Navigating this site isn't difficult, and there are clear labels for each forum.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you post on....The Seahwaks Board, not the General Board.

Navigating this site isn't difficult, and there are clear labels for each forum.

As I said, I would never troll your pathetic, no championship boards. It showed up in the general discussion forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.