• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick comments on Sherman

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think these guys have played the game long enough that he did time his jump. I don't think we'll ever really agree 100% on this but I don't think that either of us will get in a shouting match. I've defended Kaepernick before. I rarely would defend Crabtree, but I don't call him out either. I let others handle credit or blame to him for his play in general.

Absolutely agree to disagree. It's all hypothetical anyways, I just hope he uses it as a hard lesson that if you take a chance you better be right in that situation. I was more interested in his comments of not wanting to break the bank so they could keep other players. Let's see if he holds true to that! :suds:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one, love check downs. That means the QB is taking what the defense gives him and 9 out of 10 times you are getting a good 4-5 yards. The basis of my whole argument though, is what Harbaugh and Kap said. That was the play. They got the 1 on 1 with Crabtree and that is where the throw was going to go. So the progressions and reads mean nothing on this play because the decision was already made pre snap. Now if that is just something they said in defense mode, he probably should have checked down. But according to Harbaugh they got what they wanted and it was the right call. Just bad execution. Even an incomplete pass is considered good execution in that case.

I agree for the most part. But if he decided not to throw it to the pylons then that decision to throw to where he did was a bad decision. I may or may not agree about him following orders and passing to Crabtree. The way that Kaepernick will communicate with Crabtree, like last year in the Super Bowl where he said that he owed Crabtree the ball, and then went three times to him, makes me think that maybe he was trying to get this pass? It felt like it was the pass that got him in the Super Bowl. With his level of inexperience, that could've been a factor. I won't blast him for it because obviously this is speculation. In regard to what Harbaugh said, I doubt he would ever say anything different.

And I think you responded to my previous post on this, but he did say that he should have thrown to the pylon, as in that's not what he was trying to do. This is a bad decision that will be improved with experience. I guess I'm making a distinction without a difference. I just think that a bad throw is when you try to throw one place and it goes somewhere else. For example, an underthrow or an overthrow.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized I have been spelling "pylon" incorrect for years.

I was hoping that somebody else would correct you on that. Then I could "pylon." (Pile on.) I figured it was speech recognition of the phone. I always think of monty pythons when I type pylons.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think you responded to my previous post on this, but he did say that he should have thrown to the pylon, as in that's not what he was trying to do. This is a bad decision that will be improved with experience. I guess I'm making a distinction without a difference. I just think that a bad throw is when you try to throw one place and it goes somewhere else. For example, an underthrow or an overthrow.

Agreed. If he threw it on purpose to that spot, it was a bad decision.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping that somebody else would correct you on that. Then I could "pylon." (Pile on.) I figured it was speech recognition of the phone.

I saw the way you spelled it and.....

barney-mind-blown.gif

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let's draft Kelvin Benjamin, and then next year when Kaep says "I'll take Benjamin one on one every time against Sherman" in the corner of the end zone jump ball, I'd feel much more comfortable with that than Crabtree.

Crabtree is not a jump ball guy. WTF is Kaep thinking, he's way too confident in his ability to squeeze the ball in there to an outmatched WR.

I hope he's just saying that shit, and privately him and Harbaugh and Roman are all thinking it was a mistake and they should have thrown the check down.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each his own I guess. I am saying that I have no problem with the play. If you are correct and Sherman was baiting him, then it should have been thrown out of bounds, and no harm done. The play was a good idea. I just think it is funny how this fan base has been complaining about conservative play calling for years, and then they don't play that way trying to get to the Superbowl and everyone is mad they didn't dump it off for 3 yards. Again, in hindsight that would have been the right play, but had the throw been better (or just out of bounds) we are probably going to the game anyway.

Don't worry about piling on man. I was the guy saying I wanted taylor mays in the first round. I thought he would be coached up and become really good. That was my first thread I ever created on the old boards and people were ripping me a new one. I guess they were right about that one.

I have no problem with people having different opinions and combating mine, just as long as people aren't talking shit to me over the internet like they are tough.

Ha ha! me too. Comes with the territory, I guess.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried this with my dad when I was a kid or a teenager. When I made a mistake, and he was trying to get me to admit it, I said that I'd make the same decision if given the same chance. Did not go over well. I, of course, resolved to make a better decision the next time, but sometimes being stubborn isn't any worse than giving in. Sometimes, I knew my dad wouldn't relent if I admitted it. I, immaturely, knowing he would say "see I told you," rather bugged him by not admitting it. But I've grown up since.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried this with my dad when I was a kid or a teenager. When I made a mistake, and he was trying to get me to admit it, I said that I'd make the same decision if given the same chance. Did not go over well. I, of course, resolved to make a better decision the next time, but sometimes being stubborn isn't any worse than giving in. Sometimes, I knew my dad wouldn't relent if I admitted it. I, immaturely, knowing he would say "see I told you," rather bugged him by not admitting it. But I've grown up since.

Perhaps Kaepernick will follow suit.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Benjamin or Adams from Texas AM