• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick comments on Sherman

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Kap doesn't like someone trash talking?

Kap can shut the [exploiting] up. You want to shut someone up go out and beat them.

In fairness the a panther player was kaepernicking in SF during the regular season game.

images

Last edited by a moderator:

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Kap doesn't like someone trash talking?

Kap can shut the [exploiting] up. You want to shut someone up go out and beat them.

So you're comparing Kap mimicking a TD celebration(which almost every NFL player does) to someone calling your teammate mediocre and flashing a choke sign? It's ok for Sherman to do that because they won?

I like Kap sticking up for his teammate and he already admitted that it was his fault for making throw he could have thrown better. Kap really didn't say anything bad. It was ridiculous what Sherman said and if Sherman doesn't make a great play then it's a TD to Crabs.

Last edited by a moderator:

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're comparing Kap mimicking a TD celebration(which almost every NFL player does) to someone calling your teammate mediocre and flashing a choke sign? It's ok for Sherman to do that because they won?

I like Kap sticking up for his teammate and he already admitted that it was his fault for making throw he could have thrown better. Kap really didn't say anything bad. It was ridiculous what Sherman said and if Sherman doesn't make a great play then it's a TD to Crabs.

If your aunt had balls she would be your uncle... and Sherman did make a play while he was smothering Crabby and now Sherman is talking and will continue to talk becasue he hasn't been shut up. I'm not even a fan of trash talk and bashing your opponent but if you are going to do it learn to take it for make sure no one has room to talk.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick has little room to talk about Sherman. The way he conducts himself with that churlish attitude in his interviews with his ridiculous hat on sideways and absurd headphones hanging off his neck he will always be seen as a clown.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wasn't the throw that was the problem, it was the horrendous decision to throw it in the first place. You cannot throw the ball up for grabs and hope your guy comes down with it on first down with two timeouts left and the entire season on the line.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tremendously worrisome to hear kaepernick say on Mike and Mike this morning that the decision to throw to Crabtree was the right one and given the chance he'd do it again every time. That is scary.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't the throw that was the problem, it was the horrendous decision to throw it in the first place. You cannot throw the ball up for grabs and hope your guy comes down with it on first down with two timeouts left and the entire season on the line.

Would you have been mad if he took that shot at the end zone but threw it to where only Crabtree had a chance to make a play and it fell incomplete? Because that is what should have happened. He probably had flashbacks of the Superbowl and didn't want to throw another one too far. (in his defense the Superbowl throw was not too far if there wasn't an obvious hold, but that is another story)

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've yet to read a single credible source that says the decision was wrong. It may be out there but I haven't seen it. The throw was short. Good throw, it's either in Crabtree's hands or out of bounds.

The best part of the play which has been totally overlooked because Busta Rhymes look-a-like wanted to praise himself is what the LB did. That was NOT double coverage. The LB wasn't lazy on the play and went to the ball. Eight times out of ten, that ball drops to the turf. That was a great play on his part and overlooked.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comment about "if the throw was a foot higher" worried me. Kap has learned nothing after having our team burned twice now(Superbowl and Seattle) by poor reads and locking onto Crabtree.

......and only looking to the outside of the field which is the easiest part for a DB to cover.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you have been mad if he took that shot at the end zone but threw it to where only Crabtree had a chance to make a play and it fell incomplete? Because that is what should have happened. He probably had flashbacks of the Superbowl and didn't want to throw another one too far. (in his defense the Superbowl throw was not too far if there wasn't an obvious hold, but that is another story)

Yes. It had an extremely low possibility of success. Crabtree was blanketed by a taller more athletic DB and the middle was wide open. Now, if he saw nothing and threw it away, I would be OK with that because we still had three more downs, two timeouts and 47 seconds left with only 18 yards to go..

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, regarding Kaep.....99 times out of 100, I'm anti-trash talking. However, in this case I'm okay with it. Why, you ask?

---He actually spoke in detail for once. Nice to see.
---He's already acknowledged he made a poor throw.
---The trash talk isn't drawing attention to himself. It's sticking up for his teammate.
---The game's long over, he's not detracting from the Seahawk's win, his own teammates, etc
---He wasn't a narcissist a-hole screaming and hollering at every camera and microphone.
---He's throwing down the gauntlet for next year. These teams will be battling for the NFC crown next year and possibly beyond.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It had an extremely low possibility of success. Crabtree was blanketed by a taller more athletic DB and the middle was wide open. Now, if he saw nothing and threw it away, I would be OK with that because we still had three more downs, two timeouts and 47 seconds left with only 18 yards to go..

On that throw though, you don't care about the coverage. You are just taking a shot. One on one coverage with you can make a throw regardless of the DB, but make sure it is your guy or nobody catching the ball. The middle of the field has no relevance on this particular play because as both Kap and Harbaugh have stated, it was that throw all along. If sherman has good coverage then it should be an incomplete pass and you still have the 3 downs, with 47 seconds to go. It was just a poor throw. Even an OK throw and it goes out of bounds.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that throw though, you don't care about the coverage. You are just taking a shot. One on one coverage with you can make a throw regardless of the DB, but make sure it is your guy or nobody catching the ball. The middle of the field has no relevance on this particular play because as both Kap and Harbaugh have stated, it was that throw all along. If sherman has good coverage then it should be an incomplete pass and you still have the 3 downs, with 47 seconds to go. It was just a poor throw. Even an OK throw and it goes out of bounds.

No. You take that shot on 4th down, not on first down with your entire season on the line. You don't throw the ball up for grabs against the best DB in the league who has your man blanketed; especially if you are an inaccurate passer like Kaepernick. Not to mention you have three more downs at least, two timeouts and over 40 seconds to play. You are just wrong on this one.

If Harbaugh and Kaepernick both say this was the best play they could come up with then it shows you just how limited each is in knowing and implaementing a sophisticated passing game. Are you telling me there was no second option when the man is blanketed?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You take that shot on 4th down, not on first down with your entire season on the line. You don't throw the ball up for grabs against the best DB in the league who has your man blanketed; especially if you are an inaccurate passer like Kaepernick. Not to mention you have three more downs at least, two timeouts and over 40 seconds to play. You are just wrong on this one.

If Harbaugh and Kaepernick both say this was the best play they could come up with then it shows you just how limited each is in knowing and implaementing a sophisticated passing game. Are you telling me there was no second option when the man is blanketed?

I am saying that according to Kap and Harbaugh, that was the play. If you are afraid of a DB or any player, then don't play football. Why wait until 4th down for such a risky play? Then they know you have to get into the end zone and are even more ready for that play with more defenders in the end zone. The smart play is to go after them early. Take a shot to try and catch them off guard. You are moving the ball and have them on their heels at that point. This is the type of throw that should have been made. Not the same play or route or anything, but Big Ben makes a throw that only Holmes is able to touch.

[YOUTUBE] 24k3PCL4prU[/YOUTUBE]

Again... the play was fine... it was poor execution.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just our luck, a LB is there to intercept the pass. If it would've fell to the ground, we would have lived to play another down. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.....its just a game. Let it go. Here's to next year! Go niners!

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would you have been mad if he took that shot at the end zone but threw it to where only Crabtree had a chance to make a play and it fell incomplete?

I have no idea where this imaginary area is.

Crabtree and Sherman are basically is the exact same area because there was zero separation. On top of that, Sherman is two inches taller than Crabtree.

I see no area where this pass could be complete unless Sherman fucks up.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying that according to Kap and Harbaugh, that was the play. If you are afraid of a DB or any player, then don't play football. Why wait until 4th down for such a risky play? Then they know you have to get into the end zone and are even more ready for that play with more defenders in the end zone. The smart play is to go after them early. Take a shot to try and catch them off guard. You are moving the ball and have them on their heels at that point. This is the type of throw that should have been made. Not the same play or route or anything, but Big Ben makes a throw that only Holmes is able to touch.

[YOUTUBE] 24k3PCL4prU[/YOUTUBE]

Again... the play was fine... it was poor execution.

I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous. Are you saying that all the great teams and players who avoided Deion Sanders shouldn't have played the game? Wouldn't it be wiser to go around a brick wall than through it?

I agree that you could try to catch them off guard but my gosh, if the play is not there, go to your second option or run, or at the very least throw it away. Don't throw it up for grabs for heaven's sake. That throw was at least 30 yards in the air and had to be pinpoint accurate. It was so low of a chance of success I don't think you try it; not with Colin Kaepernick who's receivers routinely have to make spectacular grabs even when they are wide open because his accuracy is so bad. I say it was a bad decision.

I'm Ok with poor execution, that happens, no one is perfect. What I can't abide is locking onto somnething that has no chance of success and stubbornly throwing it anyway.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's what I don't get it. He says that he should have thrown it where only Crabtree could get it. If he tried to throw to where only Crabtree could get it and then it was picked off then it was a bad throw. But if he tried to throw it without regards of where Sherman was, then it was a bad decision.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree wasn't open. I don't see why anyone would want to throw it to a covered receiver who is going up against the best CB in the league. He's the real freaking deal - don't throw it against him unless the receiver is open. Terrible decision or terrible call, whatever it was, it was just plain dumb.

Kaep has no room to talk. But with that said, I do like that he seems to be genuinely motivated to get them back next time. If he's serious about getting better, he'll have to spend a lot of time on his progressions in the off-season.