• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick comments on Sherman

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that throw though, you don't care about the coverage. You are just taking a shot. One on one coverage with you can make a throw regardless of the DB, but make sure it is your guy or nobody catching the ball. The middle of the field has no relevance on this particular play because as both Kap and Harbaugh have stated, it was that throw all along. If sherman has good coverage then it should be an incomplete pass and you still have the 3 downs, with 47 seconds to go. It was just a poor throw. Even an OK throw and it goes out of bounds.

That's pretty careless to say, "You are just taking a shot".....

Its a GW comeback drive, final seconds, the QB's shots better be accurate and well made in the biggest moment... to say just to take a shot is careless and a throwing in the flag decision/mindset...

Toby said it best here, "You take that shot on 4th down, not on first down with your entire season on the line." It was first with two TOs to play with... I would've hope that Kap would better to throw to the 3 open guys he had rather than the actual one guy on the field completely covered.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying that according to Kap and Harbaugh, that was the play. If you are afraid of a DB or any player, then don't play football. Why wait until 4th down for such a risky play? Then they know you have to get into the end zone and are even more ready for that play with more defenders in the end zone. The smart play is to go after them early. Take a shot to try and catch them off guard. You are moving the ball and have them on their heels at that point. This is the type of throw that should have been made. Not the same play or route or anything, but Big Ben makes a throw that only Holmes is able to touch.

[YOUTUBE] 24k3PCL4prU[/YOUTUBE]

Again... the play was fine... it was poor execution.

That's a fair and winnable statement you said there... however why not throw it to Boldin who was actually open in the endzone?(based on Kap's ability to zip the ball in)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comment about "if the throw was a foot higher" worried me. Kap has learned nothing after having our team burned twice now(Superbowl and Seattle) by poor reads and locking onto Crabtree.

that quote fails, and i mean FAILSSSSSSSSSSSSSs, in comparision to the quote he stated about the first INT in that Qtr... He admitted and saw Chancellor under/in front of Boldin and still threw thinking it would go over him...

that POS.... I'm stubborn but he's fucking stupid stubborn... he wasn't like this at all last season...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've yet to read a single credible source that says the decision was wrong. It may be out there but I haven't seen it. The throw was short. Good throw, it's either in Crabtree's hands or out of bounds.

The best part of the play which has been totally overlooked because Busta Rhymes look-a-like wanted to praise himself is what the LB did. That was NOT double coverage. The LB wasn't lazy on the play and went to the ball. Eight times out of ten, that ball drops to the turf. That was a great play on his part and overlooked.

I havent searched for every source but I know Jeff Garcia said it was a poor decision and as to the "credible sources" no SF beat writer is going to blast him, ESPN majority talkers don't have a clue n ramble the same jargon for every team, some guys will defend Kap no matter right, if they criticize him, they're criticizing themselves if they endorsed him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this POV, what if Kap didn't throw to Crabtree there and hit someone else, result staying the same, would anyone sincerely be upset with Kap for not going to Crabtree then?

No!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea where this imaginary area is.

Crabtree and Sherman are basically is the exact same area because there was zero separation. On top of that, Sherman is two inches taller than Crabtree.

I see no area where this pass could be complete unless Sherman fucks up.

The imaginary area is the corner of the end zone. That is where the throw should have been and could have been made, but he under throws the ball. It most likely would have been incomplete, but at least Crabtree would have a chance. Incomplete is not the end of the world in this situation.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a fair and winnable statement you said there... however why not throw it to Boldin who was actually open in the endzone?(based on Kap's ability to zip the ball in)

Honestly, I don't think he was ever going to look at anybody else. All the talk about him not going over his progressions, but on this play there were none. Again... bad throw. I am not going to pretend that it should have been a TD. I am only saying it could have been. But should have been incomplete.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous. Are you saying that all the great teams and players who avoided Deion Sanders shouldn't have played the game? Wouldn't it be wiser to go around a brick wall than through it?

I agree that you could try to catch them off guard but my gosh, if the play is not there, go to your second option or run, or at the very least throw it away. Don't throw it up for grabs for heaven's sake. That throw was at least 30 yards in the air and had to be pinpoint accurate. It was so low of a chance of success I don't think you try it; not with Colin Kaepernick who's receivers routinely have to make spectacular grabs even when they are wide open because his accuracy is so bad. I say it was a bad decision.

I'm Ok with poor execution, that happens, no one is perfect. What I can't abide is locking onto somnething that has no chance of success and stubbornly throwing it anyway.

I am not saying to go after sherman (or Sanders in regards to your quote) the entire game, but when you have "your guy" one on one you can't be afraid to try and make that play. I agree that it should not have been thrown up for grabs. If he makes the correct throw, it isn't up for grabs. Crabtree probably doesn't make the catch, but at the very least it is incomplete out of the corner.

Here's what I don't get it. He says that he should have thrown it where only Crabtree could get it. If he tried to throw to where only Crabtree could get it and then it was picked off then it was a bad throw. But if he tried to throw it without regards of where Sherman was, then it was a bad decision.

I agree, but the point I am making is that with the right throw, even though sherman had good coverage, he still shouldn't have been able to even get a finger on it.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think he was ever going to look at anybody else. All the talk about him not going over his progressions, but on this play there were none. Again... bad throw. I am not going to pretend that it should have been a TD. I am only saying it could have been. But should have been incomplete.

That's where his shortcomings took over... He can think presnap to hit Crabtree but after the snap, there was no indication that Crabtree was getting any seperation but he threw it anyways which was a possible disastrous result that ended as such...

he didn't even give a look, i mean... come on Kap... for 11 Playoff Qtrs you played as well as possible for the team and in that 4th Qtr alone you reverted back to you week 2/3 self.... Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers would never made that throw... i just dont understand it...

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where his shortcomings took over... He can think presnap to hit Crabtree but after the snap, there was no indication that Crabtree was getting any seperation but he threw it anyways which was a possible disastrous result that ended as such...

he didn't even give a look, i mean... come on Kap... for 11 Playoff Qtrs you played as well as possible for the team and in that 4th Qtr alone you reverted back to you week 2/3 self.... Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers would never made that throw... i just dont understand it...

This is such a BS statement. Brady won a game with a TD pass very similar to the one Kap was trying to make. What great QB doesn't trust his arm to make throws in tight coverage? I would imagine most of the time those throws go incomplete and no one cares.

WK 6 Can't-Miss Play: Thompkins game-winning TD reception - NFL Videos

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent searched for every source but I know Jeff Garcia said it was a poor decision and as to the "credible sources" no SF beat writer is going to blast him, ESPN majority talkers don't have a clue n ramble the same jargon for every team, some guys will defend Kap no matter right, if they criticize him, they're criticizing themselves if they endorsed him.

The reverse happens as well. Some people won't praise a player or say anything positive because of what they said about him before. We will try to credit everyone else on the team and marginalize the players impact. "He didn't screw up."

There are people on both side of the Kaepernick fence. Still. I've heard people call him a game manager. I hate that term. At worst, I can say that somebody is being used as a game manager, but being one is condescending. Either Harbaugh or Roman uses their quarterbacks like that. I thought they were using Kaepernick like that to throw off defenses and then unleash in the playoffs. We then played two great defenses and in the cold for the other. Never really got a chance to practically play pass first.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the replay closely, it seems like Kaep was a little rushed on that throw. If he holds the ball not even a half second longer, Kaep takes a sack (or maybe fumbles) which I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet. Still, Sherman had to jump out of his shoes to make that deflection. Yea Kaep made a bad throw, but I put just as much of the blame on your Right Tackle for affecting the throw just enough on that play, that's all.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you look at the replay closely, it seems like Kaep was a little rushed on that throw. If he holds the ball not even a half second longer, Kaep takes a sack (or maybe fumbles) which I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet. Still, Sherman had to jump out of his shoes to make that deflection. Yea Kaep made a bad throw, but I put just as much of the blame on your Right Tackle for affecting the throw just enough on that play, that's all.

This is a good point. Anthony Davis got beat pretty easily on that play.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thank god that someone is putting some blame on Davis (Ant). Bcuz CK7 didn't have any time 2 go thru his professions on the play. But it's over with guys. Let's look 4ward to next season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The imaginary area is the corner of the end zone. That is where the throw should have been and could have been made, but he under throws the ball. It most likely would have been incomplete, but at least Crabtree would have a chance. Incomplete is not the end of the world in this situation.

I don't think so. Sherman likes to play the trail position and bait you into throwing the ball. Had the ball been thrown to the back of the end zone, Sherman would have been there to defend it as well. he was all over Crabtree and would have gotten to the pass just as easily had it been thrown properly. What gets me, is the best we could hope for on that throw was an incomplete pass.

I know you are getting hammered here for your opinion, and I don't mean to pile on, but how you can say the decision was not a poor one, to me, is unfathomable.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Sherman likes to play the trail position and bait you into throwing the ball. Had the ball been thrown to the back of the end zone, Sherman would have been there to defend it as well. he was all over Crabtree and would have gotten to the pass just as easily had it been thrown properly. What gets me, is the best we could hope for on that throw was an incomplete pass.

I know you are getting hammered here for your opinion, and I don't mean to pile on, but how you can say the decision was not a poor one, to me, is unfathomable.

Yes Sherman would've also been there to intercept the ball had he gone to Patton on the other side of the field, at least according to you and Sherman.. :L

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such a BS statement. Brady won a game with a TD pass very similar to the one Kap was trying to make. What great QB doesn't trust his arm to make throws in tight coverage? I would imagine most of the time those throws go incomplete and no one cares.

WK 6 Can't-Miss Play: Thompkins game-winning TD reception - NFL Videos

Thats not even close... Thompkins beat his CB where as Crabtree was still side by side with SHerman....

There was room n space for Brady to throw OVER the CB rather than Kap throwing through Sherman to get to Crabtree...

its not the same scenario...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that is true it is a huge indictment of Harbaugh and Roman as coaches. To not have a second and third option on every pass play is inexcusable. That cannot be true; not at this level, not even at the high school level.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Sherman would've also been there to intercept the ball had he gone to Patton on the other side of the field, at least according to you and Sherman.. :L

Good lord you are a homer fool. If you have nothing with even a minute level of relevance to add, just keep it to your self.