• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick comments on Sherman

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colin Kaepernick unloads on Richard Sherman | ProFootballTalk

Normally reserved 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick had plenty to say today, sending some pointed words at Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman.

The last we saw Kaepernick, he was throwing a game-ending interception in the NFC Championship Game, which was followed by Richard Sherman making the choke sign in his direction and then starting the post-game interview rant heard ’round the world.

“Did that make you feel better about yourself? Then go ahead. Because I’m not worried about you,” Kaepernick said, via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post.

Kaepernick had several other choice words for Sherman, including:

“He’s afraid of our receivers, and that’s something I’m looking forward to [exploiting] next year.”

“If I throw that ball one foot farther, it’s a TD and now you’re the goat, Richard Sherman.”

“His comments were ridiculous. If you have to tell people how good you are, then how good are you really?”

Those words stand in such sharp contrast because Kaepernick usually has little to say. Unfortunately, they come after the Seahawks final player media availability of the week, meaning it will be after the Super Bowl — and before every upcoming 49ers-Seahawks game — before we can get a reaction.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Normally reserved 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick had plenty to say today, sending some pointed words at Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman.

The last we saw Kaepernick, he was throwing a game-ending interception in the NFC Championship Game, which was followed by Richard Sherman making the choke sign in his direction and then starting the post-game interview rant heard ’round the world.

“Did that make you feel better about yourself? Then go ahead. Because I’m not worried about you,” Kaepernick said, via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post.

“He’s afraid of our receivers, and that’s something I’m looking forward to [exploiting] next year.”

“If I throw that ball one foot farther, it’s a TD and now you’re the goat, Richard Sherman.”

“His comments were ridiculous. If you have to tell people how good you are, then how good are you really?”

Those words stand in such sharp contrast because Kaepernick usually has little to say. Unfortunately, they come after the Seahawks final player media availability of the week, meaning it will be after the Super Bowl — and before every upcoming 49ers-Seahawks game — before we can get a reaction.

I was trying to tell that to a seahawks fan. Crabtree was open enough for a play, but it was a bad throw. Also, I love the last quote. Very true. That being said... don't talk about next year, go beat their ass next year. The talk means zero.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that’s something I’m looking forward to [exploiting] next year.”

He's the last one to exploit anything... exploit by throwing to someone else? Open elsewhere? Go through a read?

Whatever... I luv Kap's attitude n demeanor but right now he shouldn't be saying anything about exploiting anyone for that matter. Let your game do the talking before you start talking through your mouth....

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was trying to tell that to a seahawks fan. Crabtree was open enough for a play, but it was a bad throw. Also, I love the last quote. Very true. That being said... don't talk about next year, go beat their ass next year. The talk means zero.

Not a bad throw, it was going into Crabs hands. It needed to be almost perfect and wasn't. Give Sherman credit too, not many dbs make that play, it was all world.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Personally, I don't like Kap doing this. Beat them on the field or just shut up. Hold it in and use it as motivation.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't like Kap doing this. Beat them on the field or just shut up. Hold it in and use it as motivation.

+1000

Would have preferred something much more diplomatic as well

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad throw, it was going into Crabs hands. It needed to be almost perfect and wasn't. Give Sherman credit too, not many dbs make that play, it was all world.

The throw was short. It would have been a tough play to make, but in that situation you have to make a throw that only Crabtree can make a play on. I don't give sherman credit because it was a throw right at him. I don't give a center fielder credit for catching a routine fly ball, so I won't give a DB credit for doing the same.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. While I concur with most of what Kaepernick said, Richard Sherman isn't someone I'd want to fire pot shots at because he will always make a bigger deal out of things than you will. You bring a knife, he brings an axe; you bring a pistol, he brings a shotgun; you bring a cannon, he'll bring a nuke. Its just not worth it to get Sherman so wound up because for the next year he's gonna have a chip on his shoulder that Kaepernick said something mean about him :( .

The second Sherman gets an opportunity he's gonna rub it in SFs faces via on-the-field taunting or by having another outburst.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sherman is scared of the 49er receivers, then why did Kaepernick only throw in Sherman's direction twice all game?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of those comments at all, especially since Sherman recently kind of apologized for his gestures to Kaepernick. Just shut up and play.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sherman is scared of the 49er receivers, then why did Kaepernick only throw in Sherman's direction twice all game?

Uh because Kaep is scared of Sherm?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of those comments at all, especially since Sherman recently kind of apologized for his gestures to Kaepernick. Just shut up and play.

Damn if it was only that easy, everyone should be doing it. I like Kaep's confidence, he's still young, got that fire burning, the bicep kissing though, bush.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. While I concur with most of what Kaepernick said, Richard Sherman isn't someone I'd want to fire pot shots at because he will always make a bigger deal out of things than you will. You bring a knife, he brings an axe; you bring a pistol, he brings a shotgun; you bring a cannon, he'll bring a nuke. Its just not worth it to get Sherman so wound up because for the next year he's gonna have a chip on his shoulder that Kaepernick said something mean about him :( .

The second Sherman gets an opportunity he's gonna rub it in SFs faces via on-the-field taunting or by having another outburst.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, he is gonna do that anyway, wtf, might as well get a few shots in while he is busy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really give him the benefit of the doubt for the apology. But even as such, I agree with you because you're starting to talk back. I would have just said it was ridiculous and move on. Let others do the talking because since he really believes what he said, he wouldn't need to say it. (As in, saying that you're going to exploit the other guy is similar, but not the same as, saying you're the best corner.)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

I wish Kapernick would just keep quiet and use it for motivation next year. Don't stoop to Sherman's level. I liked the old days, Ronnie Lott and gang. They did their talking on the field, not in the media. If someone talked crap, the payback was on the field.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why im a big fan of him. These are great comments. I also like how he mention he isn't going to break the 49ers bank when he signs his contract. He wants a fair deal for both parties. He wants the 49ers to keep the core players.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The comment about "if the throw was a foot higher" worried me. Kap has learned nothing after having our team burned twice now(Superbowl and Seattle) by poor reads and locking onto Crabtree.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is right Crabtree did do well against sherman last year. I to would take Crabtree 10 out of 10 against Sherman. After looking at the play again it was the right read. It was just a bad throw.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Kap doesn't like someone trash talking?

Kap can shut the [exploiting] up. You want to shut someone up go out and beat them.

Last edited by a moderator: