• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields QB Study

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we got this out of the way:

Of course this will simply be the first of what should be at least several contracts between Fields and the Bears over the years.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like JC is on the sitting Fields side of the fence to start the season:

Patience of course is the operative word here. Probably a lot easier for the coaches to practice this than the fans. The logical Spock in me agrees that Fields needs to ride pine for some part of the season, but the emotional Kirk in me wants him lining up under center from Game 1.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with sitting or starting him, either way; if he's legit he will excel, regardless. Fields has the talent; can handle the bright lights; and has the athelticism, so It really depends on how quickly he picks up the subtleties and nuances at the NFL level.

Once he gets the nod, however, I do not want him getting pulled when he struggles and then put back in. That's the sure fire way to screw up his development. Once he's the starter he must remain so, warts and all until he figures it out.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with sitting or starting him, either way; if he's legit he will excel, regardless.

Nailed it.

There's arguments and evidences for both sides. The cream eventually rises to the top.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article does a decent job at explaining why Fields might sit for the early part of the season and why we'll probably be a run-heavy team, at least until Fields is fully acclimated.

Of course we shouldn't rule out the possibility of the kid starting from day one. But it does seem more likely by the day that he'll be riding pine for X number of games.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if it was true the Bears were hot to trot for Wentz, then yes, a very good thing we didn't land him because there's a strong likelihood that Pace wouldn't have traded down to take Fields.

BTW, did anyone on this board want us to trade for Wentz earlier in the offseason? I sure don't recall anyone in here clamoring for his services.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if it was true the Bears were hot to trot for Wentz, then yes, a very good thing we didn't land him because there's a strong likelihood that Pace wouldn't have traded down to take Fields.

BTW, did anyone on this board want us to trade for Wentz earlier in the offseason? I sure don't recall anyone in here clamoring for his services.
he's hurt already.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know Wentz has had his share of critics even when healthy, but the really big knock on him is he simply can't stay on the field.
yep. Me personally, there's a correlation with his play and some of the "fully recovered" injuries. But can help the team from the sidelines.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Altho this a general article on other items of interest from Adam Hoge, I placed this under the Fields thread because it's the first of the 10 observations from Hoge, and it's continuing to show how much of a practice & study animal that Fields is. I know we all have to be patient, but damn I can't wait to see what this kid can do, especially after he gets some experience under his belt.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I recall zero Bears fans being "excited" about Carson Wentz heading to Chicago. In fact, most were mocking the idea. I thought it was going to happen, myself. I remember the week before the deal went down. Everyday I would just wait for the notification on my phone that a deal had been agreed upon. I was actually surprised when it was Indy and not us. I was simultaneously happy that we did not move for Wentz and nervous seeing as I didn't know what came next outside of a pipe dream Wilson trade. Sitting at #20 I never dreamt we would have a shot at somebody like Fields either.

And yes... totally doubtful that we still move for Fields if we trade for Wentz.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know fields was pff’s most accurate college qb ever

Everyone is high on dude...I mean...RAVE REVIEWS everywhere I can see that were nowhere to be found when we drafted Trubisky. Why did Fields fall so far in the draft? There's always a catch...but man if he busts out I've been set up for a big fall at this point. Way too many optimists out there for me not to drink some of the Kool-Aid.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is high on dude...I mean...RAVE REVIEWS everywhere I can see that were nowhere to be found when we drafted Trubisky. Why did Fields fall so far in the draft? There's always a catch...but man if he busts out I've been set up for a big fall at this point. Way too many optimists out there for me not to drink some of the Kool-Aid.
Someone always falls. But trubs was oof. He had some high praise from some analysts, but also quite a few tht werent there ok him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Fields fell to 11th. Why did Mahomes fall to 10th? Why did Watson fall to 12th after back-to-back Heisman runner up finishes (one which he totally got snubbed on) and back-to-back National Title appearances? Along with a National Title victory in the final game of his career, with which he led the game winning drive.

It doesn't always mean something.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Fields fell to 11th. Why did Mahomes fall to 10th? Why did Watson fall to 12th after back-to-back Heisman runner up finishes (one which he totally got snubbed on) and back-to-back National Title appearances? Along with a National Title victory in the final game of his career, with which he led the game winning drive.

It doesn't always mean something.

Probably...I'm sure there was hype around Mahomes and Watson that I just am not exposed to because #f*ckwatchingallthoseotherteams

But I do not recall hype about a Bears first round QB in the same way Fields is getting...Cade McNown? Nope. Rex? Nope. Trubisky? FFS he was BOOED in his team's hometown within a couple days. I was a little young...but I don't ever remember anyone going bonko over Harbaugh of my friends and family.

Just sayin'...This hype is a little different. Everyone's on the train. So if dude ends up busting...We're all gonna be forever alone guy so hard.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting for @noonthirtyjoe to give us his evaluation....his Trubs eval was so close....
It wasn't Trubs fault! The coach, the run game, the Oline, the play calling, the defense, the kicker, the guy who holds the kickoffs when it's windy, the weather, and the team dietician all set him up to fail!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should see a significant amount of playing time for Fields in tomorrow's game. Granted, much of it will probably be with the 2nd team and likewise against its counterpart on the defensive side of the ball. And I'll hardly be shocked if we see a dumbed down, vanilla game plan by Nagy. Still, we should catch some glimpses of what Fields brings to the table. I'm psyched.