• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields QB Study

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should see a significant amount of playing time for Fields in tomorrow's game. Granted, much of it will probably be with the 2nd team and likewise against its counterpart on the defensive side of the ball. And I'll hardly be shocked if we see a dumbed down, vanilla game plan by Nagy. Still, we should catch some glimpses of what Fields brings to the table. I'm psyched.
I'm going out on a limb here in guessing that just about every Bears fan on Planet Earth was pleased with how Fields played today and the composure we witnessed from this young, talented man.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going out on a limb here in guessing that just about every Bears fan on Planet Earth was pleased with how Fields played today and the composure we witnessed from this young, talented man.

He indeed looked great.

He was composed, had great pocket pressure awareness, threw with accuracy and can run like a gazelle. This is getting exciting.

I'm going to say by week 2 Fields will be the starter but no later than week 3.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He indeed looked great.

He was composed, had great pocket pressure awareness, threw with accuracy and can run like a gazelle. This is getting exciting.

I'm going to say by week 2 Fields will be the starter but no later than week 3.
My guess originally was, assuming we got off to a rocky start, that by Game 4 when we're at home facing the Lions he would be starting. If things were going a little better - say we're playing .500 ball or something, it could be as late as Week 8, when we take on the 49ers, again at home.

As happy as I was with the kid's performance out there yesterday, and I'd go as far as to say he exceeded my already-high expectations, we still have to take into account that Miami for the most part threw a fairly bland, vanilla-esque defense at him. I don't recall too many blitzes, certainly no disguised ones which he's bound to see on numerous occasions when the games matter. Now that opposing teams have some game film on him, there's little doubt they'll start up ratcheting up the pressure.

All I know is I can't wait to see him again out on the field, and as far as when he's given the reins once and for all, the sooner the better.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will find me right as always now that Trubs escaped the shit show around him. Now Fields will bust and for the same reasons.

F*ck that...We have new hope. You give me that f*cking "Fields is better than Mahomes if he has the same supporting cast" balogna this time too. I demand it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F*ck that...We have new hope. You give me that f*cking "Fields is better than Mahomes if he has the same supporting cast" balogna this time too. I demand it.
Problem is Mahomes would suck with Nagy calling the plays. New hope come when a new coach gets here. I don't care who is at QB, Nagy will hold him back. Sorry to crush your new hope but the problem was never the QB IMO. I do think Fields is very talented but well Nagy. enough said. Fields over Trubs overall but it won't matter.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is Mahomes would suck with Nagy calling the plays. New hope come when a new coach gets here. I don't care who is at QB, Nagy will hold him back. Sorry to crush your new hope but the problem was never the QB IMO. I do think Fields is very talented but well Nagy. enough said. Fields over Trubs overall but it won't matter.
I still do not understand Nagy retaking back play calling. Thought Lazor did a better job. I really feel a lot will hinge on LT & RT play this year. Peters & Ifredi have ok season this could work out even with Nagy calling plays... but please dear Lord, anything more than 4 Wr bubble screens a game I'll start drinking heavier.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still do not understand Nagy retaking back play calling. Thought Lazor did a better job. I really feel a lot will hinge on LT & RT play this year. Peters & Ifredi have ok season this could work out even with Nagy calling plays... but please dear Lord, anything more than 4 Wr bubble screens a game I'll start drinking heavier.
Somewhere out there in the Bears OC dustbin of history, Gary Crowton angrily shakes his fist at you.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from his scrambling I'm impressed with Fields just being able to throw a lot more catchable balls. Even all the incompletes so far he put the ball where his receivers had a chance to make a play. Whereas with Trubisky every time he threw vertically i would roll my eyes knowing it would be nowhere near the mark.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will find me right as always now that Trubs escaped the shit show around him. Now Fields will bust and for the same reasons.
Yeah, it was so tough having a good line in two of his four years (and in the second half of 20), a legit #1 WR in Robinson, solid secondary weapons, and an elite defense. All good enough to carry his sorry ass QB play into the playoffs for 2 out of the past 3 seasons.

What a travesty around him that was.

Stop dude... lol

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He went exactly where he should...to a bench. I haven't seen Fields in a Bears uni yet, so I'll reserve judgement until I see what he is. I don't believe blaming others for somebody's shortcomings is the best answer....the real answer is your evaluation was off by more than a little.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went exactly where he should...to a bench. I haven't seen Fields in a Bears uni yet, so I'll reserve judgement until I see what he is. I don't believe blaming others for somebody's shortcomings is the best answer....the real answer is your evaluation was off by more than a little.
Nah man he just dominated the pre season. Look out

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is Mahomes would suck with Nagy calling the plays.
You're hopelessly deluded

This is one of those moments where you just feel sorry for someone. I have no will to debate you any longer. I pity you.

You need help.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ran those short plays because it's all we could ever dream of trusting Mitch with.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was so tough having a good line in two of his four years (and in the second half of 20), a legit #1 WR in Robinson, solid secondary weapons, and an elite defense. All good enough to carry his sorry ass QB play into the playoffs for 2 out of the past 3 seasons.

Stop dude... lol

This is one of those moments where you just feel sorry for someone. I have no will to debate you any longer. I pity you.

You need help.

We ran those short plays because it's all we could ever dream of trusting Mitch with.
Blasphemy. Trubs is better than mahomes and watson and will win more superbowls. So ive heard at least.1630730059206.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You need help.
We pity each other then. Good luck in life and crossing roads safely.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it? So when he fails with Fields it still won't be clear to you or Rich will it. Mitch is average sure, but the coaching and play calling was below average. Every other QB under Nagy looked worse then Mitch did. Name me the players that have grown under Nagy? Mitch should not have been drafted when he was but he was good enough to win with if we had a real OC calling the plays. Remember Moab your team is one injury away from the basement. So don't be so high and mighty because your fall is coming real soon.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stop dude... lol
Too bad they could not carry the sorry coaching and predictable play calling also. Did Mitch work out? nope. But neither will anyone else under Nagy and Nagy is still here. I hope this 3 to 5 win season wakes you up.