• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields QB Study

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RUN FOREST RUN!!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as many holes as there were to fill, with the salary cap issue, with the number of top draft picks the Bears didn't have, with the way the draft fell, yea... Not everything was addressed year one of the new administration. :noidea::suds::gaah::lm:

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as many holes as there were to fill, with the salary cap issue, with the number of top draft picks the Bears didn't have, with the way the draft fell, yea... Not everything was addressed year one of the new administration. :noidea::suds::gaah::lm:

I like the patient approach being taken by Poles.

Pace would have traded away as many picks as possible....Poles exited the draft with more picks than he entered it with.

There was no way to address every need in one offseason.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the patient approach being taken by Poles.

Pace would have traded away as many picks as possible....Poles exited the draft with more picks than he entered it with.

There was no way to address every need in one offseason.
Same here, which is why I've been preaching to give him at least a few years to see what he produces in the big pic. Of course, it's only natural to assume that if the OL doesn't hold up and Fields finds himself running for his life this season, there will be scores of pundits reminding us all that Poles didn't do enough to protect him. And it will be a fair critique. Like just about every Bears fan out there, I recognize that our line has a ways to go before it's considered postseason worthy. Shit, when you have Sam Mustipher as a candidate for the starting RG spot, you know the line is far from a team strength. But I'm also banking on a smarter game plan from Getsy and a natural progression from JF to help minimize this weakness.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here, which is why I've been preaching to give him at least a few years to see what he produces in the big pic. Of course, it's only natural to assume that if the OL doesn't hold up and Fields finds himself running for his life this season, there will be scores of pundits reminding us all that Poles didn't do enough to protect him. And it will be a fair critique. Like just about every Bears fan out there, I recognize that our line has a ways to go before it's considered postseason worthy. Shit, when you have Sam Mustipher as a candidate for the starting RG spot, you know the line is far from a team strength. But I'm also banking on a smarter game plan from Getsy and a natural progression from JF to help minimize this weakness.

Keeping Mustipher employed and in play for a starting job is the one thing that really bothers me. I don't see the guy as anything but a swing inside backup. Olin Kreutz keeps telling everyone that will listen that the kid is a stud....I just haven't seen anything to make me believe.

I love the guy they signed from the Packers. I think he's your center but if he plays RG I'm good there too. He's big and he's tough and he plays with an edge. And Getsy absolutely loves him and having him up front will help Fields.

I liked what I saw from Borom last season and Jenkins too. Jenkins is worrying me a bit this offseason but it's June....maybe he needed a demotion and an asskicking.

All in all...I don't think the collective unit is in as bad a spot as most do. They need reps. Lots of reps. I don't know much about the rookies and undrafted guys filling out the camp roster but maybe there is a gem in there somewhere.

Bottom line is your last sentence is right....if Getsy understands what he has and can put the players in good position then things will look better no matter what. Nagy insisted his scheme would work and never adjusted anything. Getsy has talked about cohesion, team work, and adjusting the gameplan to the players all offseason. Words are just words but if he can back them up I am hopeful to see better results.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have one of the worst oline in the league......the only thing they did decent last season was run block,pass blocking was putrid......

In my eyes we did nothing to improve it....We filled it with late round draftees and nobody freeagents......

This line will be as bad as last years.......

PFFs ranking of lines for this upcoming season:

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also knew the line was bad last year....and knew the receivers were bottom of the league in getting separation....and still called 7 step drops and passing plays that take time to develop.

Scheme has to match ability. That's where Getsy can make a big difference.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better scheme and play calling and our line will stand a chance. We are in the first year of a rebuild and I bet we win more games then we did last year.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid played really well this weekend.

Still worthless preseason, but I'll take it.

Only a couple more weeks boys!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears O line have issues right now... Yes. A#1 issue, Mustipher at Center. Want to keep him around for a back up? fine. Really though, as soon as Patrick is healthy he's the Center. Rookie at LT will be an issue for just about every rookie. But so far he has been ok ( I know, I know preseason but the Bears do see him at practice v. Quinn). Sure there will be mistakes. Same goes for Borom and Jenkins tandem on the right. Again, so far they seem ok. I like Jenkins down at RG. And Borom seems to be holding his own at RT.

Lets see how this all pans out. It was very obvious from Sunday's game... Give Fields some time and he can toss dimes.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears O line have issues right now... Yes. A#1 issue, Mustipher at Center. Want to keep him around for a back up? fine. Really though, as soon as Patrick is healthy he's the Center. Rookie at LT will be an issue for just about every rookie. But so far he has been ok ( I know, I know preseason but the Bears do see him at practice v. Quinn). Sure there will be mistakes. Same goes for Borom and Jenkins tandem on the right. Again, so far they seem ok. I like Jenkins down at RG. And Borom seems to be holding his own at RT.

Lets see how this all pans out. It was very obvious from Sunday's game... Give Fields some time and he can toss dimes.

2-3 of Borom/Jenkins/Jones panning out would really change our direction going forward. For the continuity alone. Here's hoping.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good stuff man........after thhe self advertisement of sibscribing from the get go......lol

I didnt see the game Thursday( went to a concert with the wife),but these things JF I believe will as in not seeing the whole,getting his feet stabilized and a little more accuracy.......those things can be overcame.