• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields QB Study

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have things to work on. Hopefully he improves.

How many NFL draft picks did Jones play with compared to Fields? The more talent around a QB the better he'll look. That Bama offense was loaded with NFL players. Ohio State's not so much.

I think to start their careers JF's mobility will help him but MJ's lack of mobility could be an issue. But this is about Fields. We'll find find if he's worth that pick soon enough. You think he starts week one?
:rolleyes2:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes2:

You think Ohio State was as talented as Bama last season? :pound:Do you also think Bama & Ohio State's upperclassmen were equally talented? Saban's crew tied all time draft record with six 1st round picks.

Bama 1st round pick- Jaylen Waddle (6), Patrick Surtain II (9), DeVonta Smith (10), Mac Jones (15), Alex Leatherwood (17), Najee Harris (24)

Ohio State 1st round picks- Justin Fields (11)

Last edited:

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Ohio State was as talented as Bama last season? :pound:Do you also think Bama & Ohio State's upperclassmen were equally talented? Saban's crew tied all time draft record with six 1st round picks.

Bama 1st round pick- Jaylen Waddle (6), Patrick Surtain II (9), DeVonta Smith (10), Mac Jones (15), Alex Leatherwood (17), Najee Harris (24)

Ohio State 1st round picks- Justin Fields (11)
OSU, Bama, NDSU, BYU and Clem were all loaded compared to almost all of their opponents. Not going to sit here and act like Fields job was that much harder throwing to future 1st rounders Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave and an entire Offensive roster who’s all going Pro going against the likes of MSU, PSU, Indiana all season

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU, Bama, NDSU, BYU and Clem were all loaded compared to almost all of their opponents. Not going to sit here and act like Fields job was that much harder throwing to future 1st rounders Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave and an entire Offensive roster who’s all going Pro going against the likes of MSU, PSU, Indiana all season

All I'm saying is Jones had more talent around him last season than Fields. You really gonna disagree with that?

Wilson & Olave aren't on the same level as Jaylen Waddell, the 6th pick in the draft or Devante Smith, the 10th pick. And how about Najee Harris the 24th pick? You gonna try to say Ohio State had a rb as talented as him?

It's seems that you wanna ignore those six first round picks Bama had. And I find it strange that you seem to think Fields had teammates as talented as Jones had.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are 5 bold predictions from Fansided on Fields:

If you want to save a little reading time:

1. He will win the starting job
2. He will break the franchise record for passing TDs
3. He will rush for more than 680 yards
4. He will complete >67% of his passes
5. He will win OROY

For prediction #1, there's no question as to him winning the starting job, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, the media and fans are going to be relentless in their demands that Fields starts on opening day. Here's a perfect example of such.

Sad to say that as THE cornerstone franchise of the NFL, no Bears QB has ever thrown for more than 29 TDs and as long as we're on the subject, nor have we've ever had a QB throw for 4k in a single season. Pathetic. If he does start from Day 1 and assuming he makes it thru the season healthy, he'll of course make a boatload of errors, but he'll also stand a pretty damn good chance of owning both of those records. And if not the first year, certainly the second. I'm a bit leery in wondering if he makes prediction #3. Granted, Nagy and his staff will draw up numerous plays that take advantage of Justin's feet, but to me if he busts past 680 for the year, he probably will have done a lot of running for his life.

As for #5, the only way he has even the slightest chance of OROY is that he does indeed start from Day 1. Because we know that Trevor Lawrence will be handed the reins as soon as he dresses for his first camp. Yes, he plays on a shittier team, but he'll have tons of reps and chances to show his stuff right from the getgo. I believe it will be Lawrence's award to lose, altho I never rule anything out.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler/Marshall...Pretty decent one imo.

Well when compared to.....

Otto/Speedie....both HOF
Unitas/Berry....both HOF
Van Brocklin/Fears/Hirsh all HOF
Bradshaw/Stallworth/Swann all HOF
Fouts/Joiner HOFers
Stabler/Belitnikoff HOFers
Montana/Rice HOFers
Ailman/Irvin HOFers

Hmmm?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when compared to.....

Otto/Speedie....both HOF
Unitas/Berry....both HOF
Van Brocklin/Fears/Hirsh all HOF
Bradshaw/Stallworth/Swann all HOF
Fouts/Joiner HOFers
Stabler/Belitnikoff HOFers
Montana/Rice HOFers
Ailman/Irvin HOFers

Hmmm?

Well if you were just gonna flop out a bigger dong...See if I show you mine again...

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your wondering how Justin Field will fit into Chicago's offense this video answers some of your questions. Side by side comparisons, of similar Bears and Buckeyes, plays show where Trubisky and Foles struggled Fields excelled; potentially elevate The Monsters of The Midways scoring abilities.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice video find. The man does a good job of breaking down the respective plays and how Trubisky/Foles handles them vs the way Fields goes about his biz.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now in the post-Fields draft analysis, we turn our attention to Nagy and his system to see if he can take advantage of Fields' skillset. Nagy for the past couple of seasons has been roundly criticized, and rightfully so, for his play calling and how he utilizes his players. The creativity in the types of plays used in his first year seemed to have all but disappeared, and thereafter became one of the more predictable and mundane offenses out there. Of course, much of this has been centered around QBs who for the most part were woeful at best.

Can we expect a different approach now that he has a multi-use QB running the O, one who seemingly fits like a glove into Nagy's philosophy? I wonder if we'll see a reinvigorated philosophy to the way the offense will be run, which is what we expected when Nagy was plucked from the Andy Reid tree and what he initially demonstrated in that first year.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fix the offensive line, you fix the offense. It's that simple. If we had a capable offensive line last year Nagy would have looked fine. With that line we had last year, no OC in the league could have done marginally better. The offensive line is the biggest determiner for an offensive success.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fix the offensive line, you fix the offense. It's that simple. If we had a capable offensive line last year Nagy would have looked fine. With that line we had last year, no OC in the league could have done marginally better. The offensive line is the biggest determiner for an offensive success.
I think it's a bit more complex than that, but I do agree that solid line play sets the foundation for a successful offense. Same thing on the other side of the ball, which is why I've always been a trenches first guy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a bit more complex than that, but I do agree that solid line play sets the foundation for a successful offense. Same thing on the other side of the ball, which is why I've always been a trenches first guy.
What you dont think trubs would of been just fine with a better line?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you dont think trubs would of been just fine with a better line?
He could have the best OL in the league and he would still be mediocre at best. You'd have to be a Bears fan to appreciate at just how often Trubisky missed wide open receivers, even when he had plenty of protection.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have the best OL in the league and he would still be mediocre at best. You'd have to be a Bears fan to appreciate at just how often Trubisky missed wide open receivers, even when he had plenty of protection.
Lol. Merely pointing out, it was more than “just the line”.

i honestly love just reading this board to see the constant bad takes by one specific fella

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks as if Fields is at least looking the part of a genuine #1 pick. Of course rookie minicamp is hardly the measure on which to be judged, but he seems to be doing all the right things, including having a great attitude.

Here's my favorite paragraph in the article:

“35” – That’s how many passes I counted before an incompletion. Granted, many of those were against air, but included in there was a dime on a deep out and almost everything was accurate. There was one pass in which Fields held the ball a little long against good coverage and probably would have been sacked in a game, but he still completed the ball. In total, I counted three incompletions and only one that missed the hands of his intended target completely.

Gotta love that!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's been interesting since drafting Fields is the main subject matter for just about everyone - not just fans, but beat writers and analysts as well - has been whether Fields or Dalton should start the season from day one. The opinions have been fairly divided, with perhaps a slight majority overall believing Dalton should get the nod, then at some point, hopefully early in the campaign, turn the reins over to Fields. That Fields will certainly take over the starter's role is of course already a given, but who's to say that until he does become the starter, why not have a package of plays ready made for him while he's still in the backup role?

I only bring this up because I haven't seen or read much discussion on what seems to be a no-brainer alternative. So ok, Dalton starts the season as our #1. I get it, even makes sense. But why not also from day one have Fields come in for a few plays, a whole series, etc. Plays that are designed for his skillset. There shouldn't have to be a scenario where he either just rides pine or is suddenly thrown out there to take over on the spot. It gives him a chance to get a feel for the speed and pressure that pro defenses bring. This approach is by no means uncommon in the NFL. So why not with the Bears? I trust Nagy and his staff are already planning for such.