• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just rewatched the game

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who say Sea got all the penalties. They deserved every one except the Harvin screen pass for a TD. The refs blew that one and it ended up being a TD. On the flip side the Rak hold was just crazy. He actually got held twice on the play. The Harvin jam was within the first 5 yards so they can be contact. The play of the game was blown by the refs.

Merri and Riley are the two worst defensive players on the field. Every game that I watch they are constantly causing penalties in key situations and they simply can not tackle. It just wasn't Monday night they are horrible in coverage all year. They deserved to be benched.

Running on first down. It never worked the whole 2nd half but Gruden continued to call runs on first down. Every time we passed on first down we gained positive yardage. The play calling was terrible in the 2nd half except for the 2nd TD drive. Gruden refused to let Cousins win it for him by calling runs on first and 2nd down to set up obvious passing situations against the Sea D. Not wise at all.

To sum up we didn't play our best game and we still hung with the champions. Should of had a shot to tie the game at the end. We are not a 1-4 team by no means. Cousins made some big time throws in that game. He missed the obvious TD to Helu and that is the only thing you could say negative about him in the game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who say Sea got all the penalties. They deserved every one except the Harvin screen pass for a TD. The refs blew that one and it ended up being a TD. On the flip side the Rak hold was just crazy. He actually got held twice on the play. The Harvin jam was within the first 5 yards so they can be contact. The play of the game was blown by the refs.

Merri and Riley are the two worst defensive players on the field. Every game that I watch they are constantly causing penalties in key situations and they simply can not tackle. It just wasn't Monday night they are horrible in coverage all year. They deserved to be benched.

Running on first down. It never worked the whole 2nd half but Gruden continued to call runs on first down. Every time we passed on first down we gained positive yardage. The play calling was terrible in the 2nd half except for the 2nd TD drive. Gruden refused to let Cousins win it for him by calling runs on first and 2nd down to set up obvious passing situations against the Sea D. Not wise at all.

To sum up we didn't play our best game and we still hung with the champions. Should of had a shot to tie the game at the end. We are not a 1-4 team by no means. Cousins made some big time throws in that game. He missed the obvious TD to Helu and that is the only thing you could say negative about him in the game.

You didn't think the Percy Harvin long TD pass was a little cheesy ? Carpenter did fall on the guy but that seemed like a pretty tick tack call.... I've never seen a call like that where a blocker goes to the ground blocking a guy and they call a penalty...

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the call was in the rules of the game. Its unnecessary roughness. You cant argue it b/c it was. I can argue the Rak holding call b/c it was holding and it wasn't called.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the call was in the rules of the game. Its unnecessary roughness. You cant argue it b/c it was. I can argue the Rak holding call b/c it was holding and it wasn't called.

I"ve seen unnecessary roughness call's but not when it comes to landing on a guy your blocking... It was a very unusual call...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"ve seen unnecessary roughness call's but not when it comes to landing on a guy your blocking... It was a very unusual call...

That Carpenter call was BS imo. The officiating left a lot to be desired. That crew is absurd. I don't think anyone would argue that the Hawks did shoot themselves in the foot with a lot of legit calls tho.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Carpenter call was BS imo. The officiating left a lot to be desired. That crew is absurd. I don't think anyone would argue that the Hawks did shoot themselves in the foot with a lot of legit calls tho.

Ok cool I was wondering if I was the only one who thought that was pretty tick tack... And yes I agree we did shoot ourselves in the foot with some legit stuff... No question...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of legit penalties that were frustrating, but no, Carpenter simply finishing a block is not unnecessary roughness. That was a terrible call on a play that happens all the time.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of legit penalties that were frustrating, but no, Carpenter simply finishing a block is not unnecessary roughness. That was a terrible call on a play that happens all the time.

Agree.

And there were some legit calls missed too. Especially holding. But what are you gonna do...:noidea: that's todays NFL and Triplettes crew is seriously one of the worst ones out there.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies to the Seahawks fans. This woulda, shoulda nonsense is ridiculous. Your team won the game & without a doubt deserved to win. That is not to say that at least some of the Redskins gave it a good effort & they had at least somewhat of a chance to win towards the middle of the game.

Also - this idea that the Redskins are definitely better than their record is foolish. As Parcells always said "You are what your record states you are". I couldn't agree more. The Redskins have their current record for several reasons including injuries, turnovers, bad defense & bad special teams. Anyone who doesn't see that is blind. Sure there have been bad calls against the Skins, but that is not the reason for any of their losses.

I have hope - barring any more major injuries - that the team will do better & pickup some wins in the next several weeks (with some bad opponents on the schedule). Let's all try to be realistic on this one. I hate to be one of these fools that says something like "We have the best 1-9 team in history". Please - no more excuses.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured out what happened there. Goodell was playing Harvin in his Fantasy League.

14-6-SEA-harvin.jpg

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree on Cousins' play. I felt like he was throwing behind his receivers a lot. I also feel he is reckless with the ball. A couple of plays I feel like could have been pics.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies to the Seahawks fans. This woulda, shoulda nonsense is ridiculous. Your team won the game & without a doubt deserved to win. That is not to say that at least some of the Redskins gave it a good effort & they had at least somewhat of a chance to win towards the middle of the game.

Also - this idea that the Redskins are definitely better than their record is foolish. As Parcells always said "You are what your record states you are". I couldn't agree more. The Redskins have their current record for several reasons including injuries, turnovers, bad defense & bad special teams. Anyone who doesn't see that is blind. Sure there have been bad calls against the Skins, but that is not the reason for any of their losses.

I have hope - barring any more major injuries - that the team will do better & pickup some wins in the next several weeks (with some bad opponents on the schedule). Let's all try to be realistic on this one. I hate to be one of these fools that says something like "We have the best 1-9 team in history". Please - no more excuses.

No worries man.... I think it's normal to look for optimism for your team when you analyze games win or lose.. And yeah I agree you guy's did give yourselves a chance middle and late in the game...

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couldn't agree more with the "woulda, shoulda nonsense" because that is exactly what it is.....nonsense!

What evidence does anyone have that this team is better than what it is? Is it not a fact that this team is with few exceptions, reflective of the same one that was fielded a season ago? Is it not a fact that this team went 3-13 a season ago did not learn to win and this season's version is merely a continuation of that failed effort?

I too have not given up on the season, in large part because they are well within reach of what I predicted them to be prior to the season. ( twice as good as last season = 6-10). For far too many posters here making the distinction between "should" and "is/are" seems to be a difficult thing to do.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The evidence showed Monday night that we played well against the Super Bowl champions. This team is way better than last years team. We are getting some tough breaks this year. We are certainly not a bottom 5 team this year. I refuse to believe that with all the talent that we have. Any true Redskin fan would of been irate after the blown Rak holding call.