• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just rewatched New England @ Seattle in 2012

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things

1) I miss Leon Washington
- That's got to be our priority in the off season. To find a specialty returner both punt and kick return. Whether through free agency or draft we need one who can at least be a threat to break one for 40-50 yards and occasionally take it house. I'm tired of seeing Baldwin smothered at the 10 and Walters returning punts for 1-2 yards

2) Welker killed us
- We'll see Edelman in the slot this time around but we're better equipped with Lane defending the slot now

3) Russell is special
- Down 13 with 8 mins left and he leads two long td drives to win it including that bomb to Sydney. Big credit to the defense stopping Brady with 1:25 left as well. All they needed was a field goal and the defense held em.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At that time they had 2 elite TEs (1 murderer), and while it's now just Gronk, I think he's gotten even better since then. IMO Gronk needs to be the guy we shut down and getting pressure on Brady is a part of that. We didn't get nearly enough pressure on Rodgers Sunday. Even our blitzes weren't working, though Rodgers is very good against the blitz.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things

Spokane for Truth... It is so painful watching Baldwin and Walters return kicks/punts... Did I say, "PAINFUL"!!!!:gaah::help:

I saw it last night as well... First time I saw the last 6 minutes of the game because my father in-law and I left the game with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter thinking we had lost! :wtf2:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I remember about that game (I think?) was Welker getting hit two different times like he was hit by a truck and coming back out for the next play. That guy was a tough sumbitch.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats secondary was of the swiss cheese variety then.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...." U MAD BRO "....,......might be a rallying call/tweet for the pats in 2-weeks,.......*if pats aren't all arrested*......(wink).

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I saw the last 6 minutes of the game because my father in-law and I left the game with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter thinking we had lost!

You were NOT one of those people were you?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few more things I wanted to add

1) 2012 Earl vs 2014/2015 Earl
- Huge difference. Earl was very good then, but now he's definitively the best safety in the game. His in game instincts are so much better now. There's a zone coverage play where Earl blew against Welker in 2012 where he played too shallow and read the play completely wrong. This year's Earl doesn't make that same mistake. Earl's speed is the same, but he just reacts to plays a lot quicker and makes the right reads now more than he did in 2012

2) Browner got burned the majority of the game
- New England's passing numbers (Welker and Lloyd) looked nice in the box score, but it was Browner who got beat for most of those yards. With Maxwell and Lane in my opinion is an improvement over Browner and Trufant. Lane is more adept at covering speed guys in the slot and Maxwell is less prone to getting beat by smaller receivers

3) Russell killed them deep several times
- Russell hit Baldwin deep twice in their first 2 drive, hit one deep to Tate on the 2nd to last td and of course the bomb to Sydney.

I don't think Russell will be able to do that again this game with the Patriots much improved secondary. Seahawks won a lot of jump balls, but I don' see a lot of jump balls going through Revis or Browner. We're going to have to utilize Luke Willson down the middle or if Browner dares line up with Baldwin without safety help...we'll test him there

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issue I have with Earl right now is his full speed attack on RBs head on. He missed on Gore last season and it cost us the game and he missed on Starks and it got Sherman hurt. I am fine when he has an angle because the RB has very few options but head on it just takes a juke and Earl flys right by.

I saw a talking head on NFL Network say something about the Pats not defending the C gap very well. I never played football and have tried to come up to speed on Xs and Os over at Field Gulls, so I am assuming the C gap is between TE and Tackle? If so, that is where most of our runs go. We rarely run up the middle where Wilfork is and if we do it is on 3rd and long with Turbo and Wilfork won't be there.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Russell and TD bombs, interesting that in last year's NFCC it was also a 35 yd bomb to Kearse that put us up for good. We were also down by double digits to 0 in that game before we got on the board. This team just finishes better than everyone else.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
55 yards in the air a beautiful throw and it was like he just flicked his wrist. That thing was pure beauty, the perfect spiral and hardly any effort.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willson's going to have to have a big game if we're going to put up some points. As far as their offense goes, our secondary is much improved over that game way back when and their receivers are definitely not what they used to be. Gates went off on us, but Gates brought his A game and Gates A game is better than Gronk's. And that was in ridiculous playing conditions on the road early in the season. I think they can maybe put up 24 on us so hopefully the offense shows up. I just don't see Wilson having two bad games in a row after the disaster of a first half he put on against GB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things

- That's got to be our priority in the off season. To find a specialty returner both punt and kick return. Whether through free agency or draft we need one who can at least be a threat to break one for 40-50 yards and occasionally take it house. I'm tired of seeing Baldwin smothered at the 10 and Walters returning punts for 1-2 yards

2) Welker killed us
- We'll see Edelman in the slot this time around but we're better equipped with Lane defending the slot now

3) Russell is special
- Down 13 with 8 mins left and he leads two long td drives to win it including that bomb to Sydney. Big credit to the defense stopping Brady with 1:25 left as well. All they needed was a field goal and the defense held em.

Edelman is better than Welker. Lane has not been watching the tape.....