• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judge Recommends Suspension of 6 Games for Deshaun Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 plus settlements say otherwise. Come on dude. Stop pretending this guy isn't guilty.
they don't say otherwise. I get you think all things watson bad and all things Watson accusers good.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray was caught on video.
Thank God Deshaun wasn't caught on video begging women to stick their fingers up his asz and doing the "happy baby" yoga pose. This is how he should forever be remembered:

1659374559687.png

If my man goes to jail he is fucked...literally and repeatedly...but, I'm guessing that would be fine with him

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they have an equal amount screaming the process is a sham. I think NFL can simply say they wanted a year (or indefinite past a year) but will abide by the former judge's ruling.

will they? Who knows.
If it's equal I believe the NFL lets it go.

Now do you think the screams will be equal?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will the NFL exercise its right to appeal the decision to the Commissioner of the NFL?

For now, the league has not answered the question. Here’s the statement from the league, issued moments ago: “We thank Judge Sue L. Robinson, the independent disciplinary officer, for her review of the voluminous record and attention during a three-day hearing that resulted in her finding multiple violations of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy by Deshaun Watson. We appreciate Judge Robinson’s diligence and professionalism throughout this process. Pursuant to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the NFL or the NFLPA on behalf of Watson may appeal the decision within three days. In light of her findings, the league is reviewing Judge Robinson’s imposition of a six-game suspension and will make a determination on next steps.”

I take that as "We ain't on board, with 6 games".

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they don't say otherwise. I get you think all things watson bad and all things Watson accusers good.
:L No, sorry. Your agenda is obvious and your constant attempting to throw it the other way is not believed by anyone here no matter how many times you do it and honestly makes you look like an idiot. Watson assaulted/harassed these women and even a cursory knowledge of the law would tell you his not being formally charged doesn't say otherwise.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then, basically, that renders this part of the CBA useless, which I can't see the NFL/RG agreeing to never add to something they disagree with.

If it were not legal, no way the NFLPA would have allowed it to be a part of the CBA - so, like I keep saying - they can kick and scream all they want, but they agreed to the language, it was cleared by their lawyers, and now they may be faced with having to deal with that fallout.

This is how the world works.

The NFLPA has taken the NFL to court a ton of times. It is always exactly this. Them saying that the application of the CBA was unlawful to one of their members. Hell this happens all the time in other areas where Unions and CBA's are concerned.

It isn't about how the CBA is written.....it is how the processes are applied. This is guaranteed to end up in court if Goodell adds more games to the suspension. Guaranteed. That is simply how Unions defend their members in cases like this.

And as somebody mentioned before in this thread, they usually lose. But the act of taking the NFL to court just gives them another chip to bargain for when it comes to the next CBA.

Again.....this is just how these things work. I dont make the rules. But I do know what happens. If Goodell adds games, the NFLPA will sue in court. And then things get interesting. Does Watson get to play during appeal? Who knows. But probably not. But it will be a judge who decides that. And this thing likely drags on until next year. Because that is how long it will take for the case to be seen. And the whole policy might have to be altered depending on what the judge says.

You add up the possible ramifications: the case dragging on for another year, the entire punishment system possibly being altered by a judge, Watson possibly playing before punishment, ect, ect. And that is why Goodell is really unlikely to change the punishment in this case. Especially because he has the multi-page decision of the person he agreed to hire to deal out the punishment working against him the whole time.

Adding 4 games to a 6 game suspension is a juice that isn't worth the squeeze.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God Deshaun wasn't caught on video begging women to stick their fingers up his asz and doing the "happy baby" yoga pose. This is how he should forever be remembered:

View attachment 303781

If my man goes to jail he is fucked...literally and repeatedly...but, I'm guessing that would be fine with him

Asking isn't a crime.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go read some of Futballiscool reason why Watson should appeal the 6 games.

I'd rather not lol. The suspension is not a purely legal process (although I don't like that it isn't). The NFL can suspend players for violating their personal conduct policy.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In very interested to see what this does to precedent of the league doesn't appeal

Basically the rulingv equates to 1 quarter suspended per accuser, even if you up that to 1 game is still awful publicly

So if a guy has 1 accuser next year and gets 4 games he now has precedentv to appeal OR to file a lawsuit

When i first heard the ruling i thought it was light but i was like 50/50 on whether the league would appeal but as I've sat here and thought about what this means going forward i just don't see how they can't

Say another guy faces a Big Ben type accusation next year and he settles ouy of court with no charges then the league suspends him for 1 game for potentially raping someone ( as that's the new precedent )

How does that play out publicly??

I just can't see it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and it is not exclusively illegal.
You said "asking isn't a crime"
that's not necessarily true. I didn't say asking is "always" a crime.

I suspect if you go ask the next 13 year old you see for something you'll be charged with a crime.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In very interested to see what this does to precedent of the league doesn't appeal

Basically the rulingv equates to 1 quarter suspended per accuser, even if you up that to 1 game is still awful publicly

So if a guy has 1 accuser next year and gets 4 games he now has precedentv to appeal OR to file a lawsuit

When i first heard the ruling i thought it was light but i was like 50/50 on whether the league would appeal but as I've sat here and thought about what this means going forward i just don't see how they can't

Say another guy faces a Big Ben type accusation next year and he settles ouy of court with no charges then the league suspends him for 1 game for potentially raping someone ( as that's the new precedent )

How does that play out publicly??

I just can't see it

False equivalency for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.