• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judge Recommends Suspension of 6 Games for Deshaun Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay after giving this no thought at all and getting a little unsober, damn cottonmouth, I think without DW the Browns go 3-3. When he returns they go 11-0. Then go on to win the Super Bowl.

For anyone missing a sense of humor- sarcasm2.gif

And for anyone that sayz my nonsense is stupid.

downloadgfdgdf.jpg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I don't think its over. I doubt they give him a year, probably add on 4 games and or fine him.
If you believe they care about public perception I'm not so sure as that might turn public perception against them.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Excellent question. Watson's a creep with some serious issues. But he wasn't charged with anything.

This is more or less my take.

He most likely did some reprehensible shit. The women deserve financial reimbursement for any trauma it caused them. Watson should be forced into therapy. But if it wasn't deemed criminal and the suspension specifically used the term "non violent" I'm not sure what more can be done without setting a horrible precedent

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He most likely did some reprehensible shit. The women deserve financial reimbursement for any trauma it caused them. Watson should be forced into therapy. But if it wasn't deemed criminal and the suspension specifically used the term "non violent" I'm not sure what more can be done without setting a horrible precedent

You don't have that many women come forward with accusations if he didn't cross the line multiple times. The therapy part. Something I never really thought about. Great idea.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay after giving this no thought at all and getting a little unsober, damn cottonmouth, I think without DW the Browns go 3-3. When he returns they go 11-0. Then go on to win the Super Bowl.

For anyone missing a sense of humor- View attachment 303764

And for anyone that sayz my nonsense is stupid.

View attachment 303765
Bold Prediction Thread ---‐--------->>>>

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL will deep dive on stories pro and con on the 6 games, and decide with to do.
If its 60/40 pro on the 6, they let it got 61/39 or higher con they appeal and raise it.

FTR, I believe the con voice will be loud.
The timing of the decision at first day in pads will diffuse this a bit. We want football not offseason news!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ray Rice was never convicted either.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of the Gordon/Martavis penalties is failing at third, fourth, fifth chances. Weed is a dumb rule, but repeatedly violating any rule will get you the hammer.

If Watson has another incident after this, he'll probably get the indefinite suspension treatment, with the ability to request to be let back in after eighteen months or something.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe they care about public perception I'm not so sure as that might turn public perception against them.
I think in this case they will. I think the reason they went to an independent judge, is the public view is they haven't came to the right punishment on any case thus far, they were hoping the Judge will make them and the fans happy with her decision, and carry on. If the fans scream they will change to outcome.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in this case they will. I think the reason they went to an independent judge, is the public view is they haven't came to the right punishment on any case thus far, they were hoping the Judge will make them and the fans happy with her decision, and carry on. If the fans scream they will change to outcome.
Then they have an equal amount screaming the process is a sham. I think NFL can simply say they wanted a year (or indefinite past a year) but will abide by the former judge's ruling.

will they? Who knows.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it ends up with 12.

I think it ends up with a fine....not sure how much, but I think the NFL has to, at least, go for a few more games and get some of the "untouched" money to show they are serious about women.

All the people who are stating it's not worth the "fight" - there isn't a fight to be won by the NFLPA. The CBA clearly spells it out, if the arbiter leverages any punishment/suspension - the NFL can appeal, and that appeal is heard by Roger Goodell, who has the final authority to leverage additional fines/suspensions as he sees fit.

They all agreed to this CBA and signed off on it. They can kick and scream all they want, but it won't do them a damn bit of good.

If they tack on punishment to this decision, it wont be Watson case that gets thrown into the courts. His case will be completely irrelevant. It will be the CBA and the language of this whole process that will go to court.

.....and that is why he wont add on to the suspension. It threatens the whole process.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they tack on punishment to this decision, it wont be Watson case that gets thrown into the courts. His case will be completely irrelevant. It will be the CBA and the language of this whole process that will go to court.

.....and that is why he wont add on to the suspension. It threatens the whole process.
that was decided in the brady case where he was found not guilty of anything but the cba said goodell can suspend him anyways:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The CBA spells it all out and the NFLPA went along with it and agreed to the contract, so on what legal grounds would they go to court over?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was decided in the brady case where he was found not guilty of anything but the cba said goodell can suspend him anyways:suds:

....again for the 2nd time in this thread.....Brady was suspended for violating the CBA by interfering in an NFL investigation. That suspension despite all it's twists and turns was as cut and dry as their ever was. There was zero chance of Brady ever avoiding suspension there. The only reason there was controversy is that New England found a judge who was a Pat's fan and completely ignored the law for a little bit of time.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CBA spells it all out and the NFLPA went along with it and agreed to the contract, so on what legal grounds would they go to court over?
same reason brady did wishing and hoping:suds:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The legality of certain clauses in any collective bargaining agreement go to court all the time.

If the NFL put a clause into the CBA that says it can whip players and the players get double pay for putting up with it so they sign off on it, it doesn't mean it is legal.

This is really the first time this whole punishment system has played out. Eventually it probably will end up in court. But I doubt Goodell thinks this case is so bad in terms of being off on what the punishment is and what it should be that he risks the entire process being thrown into upheaval in the courts.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league will likely take the next 48-60 hours and see what the public backlash of this only being 6 games is

If it's minimal they'll leave it. If it's a huge outcry they'll appeal it

Once again the league doesn't care if he's innocent or guilty. They care how it makes them look

And they're not going to leave it at 6 if it causes a huge issue for them to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.