• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judge Recommends Suspension of 6 Games for Deshaun Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben was accused of actual r*pe. Watson was accused of agreesively soliciting sexual favors. We don't know the exact nature of all 26 incidents.

Again, what punishment do you recommend for a player with no prior history of misconduct where no criminal charges were filed
The whole "no prior" thing goes out the window when, at least, 26 women come forward. Stop using a strawman argument. Girl #1 is the 1st time, 2-26 are all incidents after the prior. The fact that people failed to find out about this disgusting behavior until after the fact is absolutely irrelevant. It absolutely points to a repeated, offending, pattern.

Like I said - I would have likely suspended him for the year. I believe at that point the statute of limitations would have run out - and the NFL can move forward knowing that none of the prior issues can continue to aggravate the process.

FWIW - I thought Ben got off too light as well, and that was like 20 years ago...considering all that has changed - at some point players need to start being held accountable for their actions. We are talking about a league where guys are suspended for years for marijuana or 1 parlay bet, and yet can beat on their wives, girlfriends, women, without fear of repercussion. Something is completely off.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL appeals and Goodell ups it to 8 or doesn't appeal at all. It isn't a good look to have an independent judge rule 6 games and increase it on your own all the way to a year or to indefinite. It makes a mockery of the process that we all already know is a mockery but the NFL is pretending isn't.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The whole "no prior" thing goes out the window when, at least, 26 women come forward. Stop using a strawman argument. Girl #1 is the 1st time, 2-26 are all incidents after the prior. The fact that people failed to find out about this disgusting behavior until after the fact is absolutely irrelevant. It absolutely points to a repeated, offending, pattern.

Like I said - I would have likely suspended him for the year. I believe at that point the statute of limitations would have run out - and the NFL can move forward knowing that none of the prior issues can continue to aggravate the process.

FWIW - I thought Ben got off too light as well, and that was like 20 years ago...considering all that has changed - at some point players need to start being held accountable for their actions. We are talking about a league where guys are suspended for years for marijuana or 1 parlay bet, and yet can beat on their wives, girlfriends, women, without fear of repercussion. Something is completely off.

It's not a strawman. I bring that up because if he had some type of history and had been given some type of a warning I would view it differently. The 20 plus accusations does establish a pattern but without criminal charges or hearing each individual case it's hard to determine what the pattern is.
I think the suspension is fair.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping he'd get 1 night of rehabilitation.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping he'd get 1 night of rehabilitation.
he will soon:suds:
Pelissero also reported Robinson's decision requires Watson not have massages other than ones directed by club personnel.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, all Brady did was let the air out of some balls and he got four games

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a strawman. I bring that up because if he had some type of history and had been given some type of a warning I would view it differently. The 20 plus accusations does establish a pattern but without criminal charges or hearing each individual case it's hard to determine what the pattern is.
I think the suspension is fair.
Again - There is absolutely history when it's 60 massages over a near 2 year period in which at least 26 women had an adverse encounter. Just because someone didn't catch him with woman #1 or #2 doesn't mean there isn't some type of history. His history is exactly what transpired: 26 accusations. They didn't all happen at once. It happened over a span of time. That's history. Trying to present it any other way is 100% strawman.

And again - criminal charges have absolutely zero bearing on the NFL CBA or outcomes of their hearings. Agree, disagree, that's fine - but you do not have to be charged to be suspended.

Conversely, you can argue, based on your own approach of needing some type of "conviction", that him settling with nearly every single accuser is more than enough evidence to not only establish history, but a wrongful pattern that deserves punishment from the NFL, which is free to do so with/without any kind of criminal conviction as his actions clearly violated women, and clearly violated the CBA/personal conduct, and Clearly have put the NFL in an untenable situation. I mean, people without history or pattern simply do not go around carrying NDA's for massages and then only threaten the women afterwards with them when they don't acquiesce to the actions he performed....I mean....come on...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns likely out of the Garoppolo sweepstakes.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge Sue to Deshaun:
LbT2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.