• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judge Recommends Suspension of 6 Games for Deshaun Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope but obviously Watson and NFLPA won’t appeal. I would be shocked if Goodell appealed the games, the NFLPA would go after him hard and he doesn’t want to go down another long drawn out road. Maybe he appeals for a larger fine?
goodell doesnt appeal the nfl does and then goodell can change the decision:suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goodell doesnt appeal the nfl does and then goodell can change the decision:suds:
And what I am saying is he won’t. Why?…ratings and like I said, it’s already out there Goodell tried his best to settle for more. It’s up to Goodell but he screwed himself the way he handled the owners

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ain't my boy. First that jackass in cleats BM and now this scumbag Watson. Back to back QB's for my team that I can't support for various reasons. I'll always be a Browns fan. But I'll never be a Watson fan.
Sorry, I guess I should say more like Cleveland's boy. I know you ain't a fan of the shit he pulled...

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The owner of the Patriots got caught soliciting "favors" during a massage. Do you think that was the only time he did that? What about every NFL who's been to a strip club. If there's no criminal charges and he compensated the women who weren't interested I just don't know what type of punishment would be justified.

It was a multi-incident scandal but it was still only one scandal. If anything else happens going forward it should threaten his season and possibily career

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what I am saying is he won’t. Why?…ratings and like I said, it’s already out there Goodell tried his best to settle for more. It’s up to Goodell but he screwed himself the way he handled the owners

The owners are not covered by the NFLPA CBA - people have got to stop using this argument - it will NEVER hold up in court. In the end, RG and the NFL can appeal, directly to RG, and he can make any call he wishes because that is what the NFLPA agreed to in the CBA. It does not cover owner conduct.

Just like whether a player is, or is not, convicted in a court - it has zero point zero bearing on the outcome of the CBA process....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no criminal charges and he had absolutely no off the field incidents prior to this scandal. 6 games is fair imo
That would be a valid point if there were one, maybe two defendants. When he harassed/assaulted woman #26 there were a minimum of 25 other prior incidents

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owner of the Patriots got caught soliciting "favors" during a massage. Do you think that was the only time he did that? What about every NFL who's been to a strip club. If there's no criminal charges and he compensated the women who weren't interested I just don't know what type of punishment would be justified.

It was a multi-incident scandal but it was still only one scandal. If anything else happens going forward it should threaten his season and possibily career
Again - the CBA does not cover owners. People have got to stop trying to correlate this. It's simply not the same in how the NFL handles legal issues.

Agree, or disagree, that is fine, but it's just a blatant fact - the CBA does not cover the owners like it does the players.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a valid point if there were one, maybe two defendants. When he harassed/assaulted woman #26 there were a minimum of 25 other prior incidents
Yep - you never have a prior incident until your first....it's just the fact that all 26 were found out over nearly a 20 month span....So, the women should be penalized in this process because the 1st case and the last case were discovered too close together to be considered multiple/separate conduct issues...yikes.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owners are not covered by the NFLPA CBA - people have got to stop using this argument - it will NEVER hold up in court. In the end, RG and the NFL can appeal, directly to RG, and he can make any call he wishes because that is what the NFLPA agreed to in the CBA. It does not cover owner conduct.

Just like whether a player is, or is not, convicted in a court - it has zero point zero bearing on the outcome of the CBA process....
yep the judge said brady was innocent but goodell can suspended if he wants to cause of the cba

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure according to the CBA 6 games is the max unless he has prior incidents or suspensions.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Again - the CBA does not cover owners. People have got to stop trying to correlate this. It's simply not the same in how the NFL handles legal issues.

Agree, or disagree, that is fine, but it's just a blatant fact - the CBA does not cover the owners like it does the players.

Is Goddell covered under the CBA?

It's complete hypocrisy to have players under a moral code that the owners don't have to follow themselves

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that might seem somewhat easy, my expectation is the Browns probably go 2-4 in that stretch. There is still a large chance that this suspension will probably cost the Browns a playoff birth unless Baltimore or Cinci just fall apart.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Goddell covered under the CBA?

It's complete hypocrisy to have players under a moral code that the owners don't have to follow themselves
Again - I don't agree/disagree...but it's not how the CBA was set up.

If the players are upset about that, they only have themselves to blame. They agreed to it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kraft, nor Jones were accused by any victims.

Kraft had a paid agreement, Jones had pictures that looked like he was partying with strippers.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - I don't agree/disagree...but it's not how the CBA was set up.

If the players are upset about that, they only have themselves to blame. They agreed to it.
yep they made goodel judge/jury/executioner:suds:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If this was a Cosby situation where he was actually convicted I would bring up the number as valid but nothing was deemed criminal in this situation

Status
Not open for further replies.