• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Rosen to start week 4.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West coast offense was pre the flag football era. Thats back when defense existed and a QB could take a hit......

*Modern day NFL stats........ NFL is soft now
Actually the 1978 rule changes were much bigger for passing attacks than the ones lately.

Figure the average team in 1977 threw 25 times a game for 142 yards a game and a 57 QB rating. That season the Bucs had the worst passing attack. 90 yards a game, 3 TD's and 30 INTs on the season, and a QB rating off 22.5.

By 1980 the average team threw 31 times a game for 196 yards and a 71 QB rating. 40% increase in passing, 25% increase in efficiency.

Now, avg team is throwing 36 times a game for 256 yards and a 94 QB rating. Which is a 31% increase in passing and a 32% efficiency increase.

Basically in 3 years we had as much if not more of an impact to the passing game than we have had the past 38 years.

Those rule changes really made an insane difference,

Offensive lines could extend their arms and open their hands to pass protect (keep QB safer).

No more head slap allowed (kept QB up, and kept O-line safer).

Defenders can only make contact with receivers once and not allowed to hit them in their head (safer and open up passing game), and only allowed to make contact in first 5 yards.

Intentional grounding rule is lessened (QB's throwing away take less of a penalty, make them safer)

Another official is put in the secondary to call PI

Can't grab the facemask of your opponent (safety)

Can't hit an offensive player who isn't trying to advance the ball after slipping (safety)

1977 was really the end of the pre-flag football era. Rule impacts since have not been close to those 40 years ago.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not a meme ,a meme has words.A gif would be in motion....That would be a picture..... :L

When 5 TD passes in a game has become common. Because the defense can not tackle a QB.....

Modern day NFL......Its basically flag football point blank

So go away and don't watch and don't comment.

I don't watch college ball and you don't see me over there crapping on it.

Go eat big macs with Trump.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the 1978 rule changes were much bigger for passing attacks than the ones lately.

Figure the average team in 1977 threw 25 times a game for 142 yards a game and a 57 QB rating. That season the Bucs had the worst passing attack. 90 yards a game, 3 TD's and 30 INTs on the season, and a QB rating off 22.5.

By 1980 the average team threw 31 times a game for 196 yards and a 71 QB rating. 40% increase in passing, 25% increase in efficiency.

Now, avg team is throwing 36 times a game for 256 yards and a 94 QB rating. Which is a 31% increase in passing and a 32% efficiency increase.

Basically in 3 years we had as much if not more of an impact to the passing game than we have had the past 38 years.

Those rule changes really made an insane difference,

Offensive lines could extend their arms and open their hands to pass protect (keep QB safer).

No more head slap allowed (kept QB up, and kept O-line safer).

Defenders can only make contact with receivers once and not allowed to hit them in their head (safer and open up passing game), and only allowed to make contact in first 5 yards.

Intentional grounding rule is lessened (QB's throwing away take less of a penalty, make them safer)

Another official is put in the secondary to call PI

Can't grab the facemask of your opponent (safety)

Can't hit an offensive player who isn't trying to advance the ball after slipping (safety)

1977 was really the end of the pre-flag football era. Rule impacts since have not been close to those 40 years ago.
Disagree its really quite simple

Under the new roughing rule

If you took the greats like Reggie White,Bruce,Smith even more recent players like Peppers.....Under the new roughing rule their sack totals would be cut in half

If you took a Marino,Montana or a more recent QB like Manning Their throwing 10 TDs a game.

The roughing rules is on a whole other level. Its basically red shirting a QB during a game......2018 NFL may as well put flags on the QB.....Its really not even football anymore tbh

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree its really quite simple

Under the new roughing rule

If you took the greats like Reggie White,Bruce,Smith even more recent players like Peppers.....Under the new roughing rule their sack totals would be cut in half

If you took a Marino,Montana or a more recent QB like Manning Their throwing 10 TDs a game.

The roughing rules is on a whole other level. Its basically red shirting a QB during a game......2018 NFL may as well put flags on the QB.....Its really not even football anymore tbh

Imagine letting Reggie head slap an offensive lineman? Or telling someone they can't open their hands and extend their arms to try and block L.T.?

I mean Coy Bacon in a 14 game season under those rules got 26 sacks. How many do you think a guy like Reggie White could have back with those rules in a 16 game season? 30 easy... 40?

Marino came in and destroyed the TD record with those changes. 48 and 44 TD's both which destroyed the old mark. Guys like Monk and Largent who were the first great receivers to play in that era set all the records, then promptly saw better receivers break them.

Dan was 35th all time in passing TD's before he turned 26 Top 15 all time before he was 28. That'd be like passing Hasselbeck/Bradshaw by the end of a players 4th year and right there with Unitas/Moon by his 6th year. Insanity.

Otto Graham who hadn't played since the 50's was still the all time leader in QB rating in 1978.

I agree the rules are even more extreme, and while I am on board with the helmet rules, the landing on the QB is hot garbage, but the passing game was MUCH more affected by those rule changes in the late 70's. QB's aren't winning conference championships with 3 completions anymore.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine letting Reggie head slap an offensive lineman? Or telling someone they can't open their hands and extend their arms to try and block L.T.?

I mean Coy Bacon in a 14 game season under those rules got 26 sacks. How many do you think a guy like Reggie White could have back with those rules in a 16 game season? 30 easy... 40?

Marino came in and destroyed the TD record with those changes. 48 and 44 TD's both which destroyed the old mark. Guys like Monk and Largent who were the first great receivers to play in that era set all the records, then promptly saw better receivers break them.

Dan was 35th all time in passing TD's before he turned 26 Top 15 all time before he was 28. That'd be like passing Hasselbeck/Bradshaw by the end of a players 4th year and right there with Unitas/Moon by his 6th year. Insanity.

Otto Graham who hadn't played since the 50's was still the all time leader in QB rating in 1978.

I agree the rules are even more extreme, and while I am on board with the helmet rules, the landing on the QB is hot garbage, but the passing game was MUCH more affected by those rule changes in the late 70's. QB's aren't winning conference championships with 3 completions anymore.
This is why I included some more modern players. Imagine Dan Marino dropping back knowing a defensive lineman couldn't touch him.....

Theres a massive difference between a head slap...And no contact. Which is why we are seeing a major influx of majorly inflated QB stats.....

Yes there have been changes over the years. But the roughing rule has completelywatered down the game. On a level thats not even comparable....

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I included some more modern players. Imagine Dan Marino dropping back knowing a defensive lineman couldn't touch him.....

Theres a massive difference between a head slap...And no contact. Which is why we are seeing a major influx of majorly inflated QB stats.....

Yes there have been changes over the years. But the roughing rule has completelywatered down the game. On a level thats not even comparable....

Oh yeah. He'd blow up. I don't think he'd be top 15 all time in TD passes by the end of his 6th season like he did because of the 78 rule changes. But he'd definitely have a better career.

And that's kind of my point. With all the rule changes. Every single one of the past 38 years from 1981 to today, we are only seeing the same level of inflation of QB stats as what we saw in 3 years with those rule changes.

Take those changes. from 77-80. 40% passing TD's/Yds increase and 25% efficiency jump.

from 15-18, same 3 year span we are looking at 5% increase in TD/yards, and a 4.7% increase in efficiency.

Imagine 8 times the change in overall yards and TD's and 5 times the change in efficiency. Not even close for todays impact vs. that one is all I am saying.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah. He'd blow up. I don't think he'd be top 15 all time in TD passes by the end of his 6th season like he did because of the 78 rule changes. But he'd definitely have a better career.

And that's kind of my point. With all the rule changes. Every single one of the past 38 years from 1981 to today, we are only seeing the same level of inflation of QB stats as what we saw in 3 years with those rule changes.

Take those changes. from 77-80. 40% passing TD's/Yds increase and 25% efficiency jump.

from 15-18, same 3 year span we are looking at 5% increase in TD/yards, and a 4.7% increase in efficiency.

Imagine 8 times the change in overall yards and TD's and 5 times the change in efficiency. Not even close for todays impact vs. that one is all I am saying.
5-6 TDs 30-400 yard passing games are becoming common under the new roughing rule.....Its had a bigger impact than any rule changes since maybe the forward pass.....

Zits completely diluted both games and stats.There are no more comparisons its a completely different game. I get "protect the players" but this is no different than red shirting a QB during a game point blank....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't bother arguing logic with robot. He is stubborn to a fault.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic....watered down league inflated stats. Basically flag football. The days of elite Qbs are over if the NFL wants to play flag football.......

I didn’t expect you to figure it out on your own and I’m not going to explain it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t expect you to figure it out on your own and I’m not going to explain it.

It's all simple logic really. With the new roughing rule QB stats are all inflated. Due to defenses not being allowed to play defense. Which is pretty easy to read in the stats within the tweet. Stats in todays game are basically useless...You cant compare todays QB's or QB records to the greats by the design of todays game.

I've given you several facts from Rosens struggles with reading different defensive looks including footage.... Rosen had reported 2 concussions last year alone. Compared to all contact sports a 3rd concussion is basically the end. Thats risking health issues all the way up to CTE...Pretty big risk to take trading up for a high risk QB after paying Bradford.....Albeiut he may benefit from the watered down flag football NFL. Where any QB can put up 400 yard 5 plus TD games with neutered defense.....

But you have yet to give a logical rebuttal to any facts I've presented.Just but USC.....Haters Gonna hate.....

Which I do get a laugh out of btw

Fun fact I think Joe Montana was he greatest QB of all time. Trivia what college did Joe Montana play for?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all simple logic really. With the new roughing rule QB stats are all inflated. Due to defenses not being allowed to play defense. Which is pretty easy to read in the stats within the tweet. Stats in todays game are basically useless...You cant compare todays QB's or QB records to the greats by the design of todays game.

I've given you several facts from Rosens struggles with reading different defensive looks including footage.... Rosen had reported 2 concussions last year alone. Compared to all contact sports a 3rd concussion is basically the end. Thats risking health issues all the way up to CTE...Pretty big risk to take trading up for a high risk QB after paying Bradford.....Albeiut he may benefit from the watered down flag football NFL. Where any QB can put up 400 yard 5 plus TD games with neutered defense.....

But you have yet to give a logical rebuttal to any facts I've presented.Just but USC.....Haters Gonna hate.....

Which I do get a laugh out of btw

Fun fact I think Joe Montana was he greatest QB of all time. Trivia what college did Joe Montana play for?
Do you just spew the same shit over and over to get your post count up?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you just spew the same shit over and over to get your post count up?
Do you deflect because you’re unable to reply with facts? I’ll help you Montana player for Notre Dame. Which would be the college team I actually hate. He also played for the Niners who I hate as a Raiders fan......Yet I still think Montana was the GOAT based on what he did on the field ....So the But USC.....Just isnt going to cut it. I gave you football related facts.....Apparently you find my post count to be more impressive than Rosen......

You obviously can’t dispute my evaluation of Rosen it’s based on facts and stats.... Not rose colored glasses

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you deflect because you’re unable to reply with facts? I’ll help you Montana player for Notre Dame. Which would be the college team I actually hate. He also played for the Niners who I hate as a Raiders fan......Yet I still think Montana was the GOAT based on what he did on the field ....So the But USC.....Just isnt going to cut it. I gave you football related facts.....Apparently you find my post count to be more impressive than Rosen......

You obviously can’t dispute my evaluation of Rosen it’s based on facts and stats.... Not rose colored glasses

Montana can't be the GOAT. that's mahomes ... haven't you been paying attention the last few weeks?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana can't be the GOAT. that's mahomes ... haven't you been paying attention the last few weeks?
Mahommes is playing in a flag football league. Where players aren’t allowed to play defense. All QBs stats are inflated this season it’s impossible to compare

There was 12 QBs who threw for over 400 yards by week 4 in this flag football era

Under the current roughing rule stats are basically useless

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahommes is playing in a flag football league. Where players aren’t allowed to play defense. All QBs stats are inflated this season it’s impossible to compare

There was 12 QBs who threw for over 400 yards by week 4 in this flag football era

Under the current roughing rule stats are basically useless

I was making a joke ... I guess it was a poor one

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can’t dispute your logic because you’re both stubborn and ignorant all at the same time. Don’t want to be a dick, but there’s nothing else to say.

Maybe you can judge Rosen based on his NFL experience considering that’s the league he plays in. He had an excellent first game. You can hope everything falls apart for him based on your hatred, but I will reserve judgement until he plays a few NFL games. That’s simple Logic that can’t be argued. But you keep focusing on his college games. It seems to be all you really know.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree some like to pass it off as a USC thing because I'm a trojans fan. But in truth I could care less. Rosen was never a threat to SC. He struggles with pressure and reading coverages. Especially sliding a safety. Not impressed with his on the field play.

Off the field he's got the potential to be Kaep 2.0. More interested in politics than football. Runs his mouth despite never accomplishing anything.....The 9 mistakes comment didn't help his case. Maybe if he didn't quit on his team or come into the draft with 2 "concussions"........Fortunately for the cards he ducked the first meeting with the Rams and the majority of the bears game

Interesting. Had the 49ers been looking to draft a QB, Rosen was the one I wanted. I don't watch college ball so this is comes from the various scouting reports I've read about him. Supposedly he was touted as the most NFL ready QB out of college and looked the part. The negative on him was his attitude and supposedly was not liked by his teammates or seen as a leader.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, Bill Walsh's 49er offense took advantage of those changes. Walsh said as much