• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Rosen to start week 4.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Rosen starting at least that gives the 49ers a fighting chance.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In time I will evaluate him on NFL once he has more games under his belt.... But as for now it seems I’ve seen more of Rosen’s college career than you have. You stick to deflecting with that hate angle tho. My favorite NFL QB of all time went to ND...... I said Leinart would bust with Zona when he was drafted.... If that’s what you need to do to avoid facts.......
I hear ya, that was tough, but once he hit the Niners I was all in. I remember years ago when I was in the Army a friend told me that he went to a Niners exhibition game the prior night and I said "Steve DeBerg looks pretty good doesn't he?" He said "Yeah but they got this rookie named Montana who really looks like he's going to be a star". I was pleased to hear that and boy was he right.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, that was tough, but once he hit the Niners I was all in. I remember years ago when I was in the Army a friend told me that he went to a Niners exhibition game the prior night and I said "Steve DeBerg looks pretty good doesn't he?" He said "Yeah but they got this rookie named Montana who really looks like he's going to be a star". I was pleased to hear that and boy was he right.
This is why I find it hysterical when guys like scooby run to the predictable but USC reply.... You know as well as I do Rosens skill set was embellished pre draft. Add his injury history and leadership issues...He's more hype than skill. He is playing in a soft league tho so time will tell....

I hate ND more than any college. But Joe Montana is the GOAT imo. If we're looking at actual stats

92.3 = Joe Montana's career passer rating.
92.4 = average passer rating in the NFL in 2018.

This speaks volumes the "roughing rule" has taken defenses out of the game. Under these rules you cant compare QBs of this generation with the greats or their records. QB's like Montana played actual defenses. Now we have inflated stats via the current roughing rule. That makes an average QB appear "elite"

If you put a Montana,Marino,Manning in this version of the NFL their stats are doubled easy

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I find it hysterical when guys like scooby run to the predictable but USC reply.... You know as well as I do Rosens skill set was embellished pre draft. Add his injury history and leadership issues...He's more hype than skill. He is playing in a soft league tho so time will tell....

I hate ND more than any college. But Joe Montana is the GOAT imo. If we're looking at actual stats

This speaks volumes the "roughing rule" has taken defenses out of the game. Under these rules you cant compare QBs of this generation with the greats or their records. QB's like Montana played actual defenses. Now we have inflated stats via the current roughing rule. That makes an average QB appear "elite"

If you put a Montana,Marino,Manning in this version of the NFL their stats are doubled easy
Those 49er teams, year in and year out played some of the greatest NFL defenses of all time with some of those Bears, Giants, Eagles and Redskin teams. yet, with any luck at all they'd have had 8 Super Bowls instead of 5.

OT, I went to the SC - U of A game last Saturday and was astonished at how bad the coaching is and the lack of discipline is shocking. How long til Helton is gone?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 49er teams, year in and year out played some of the greatest NFL defenses of all time with some of those Bears, Giants, Eagles and Redskin teams. yet, with any luck at all they'd have had 8 Super Bowls instead of 5.

OT, I went to the SC - U of A game last Saturday and was astonished at how bad the coaching is and the lack of discipline is shocking. How long til Helton is gone?
Honestly I don't think the majority of these QBs could handle those defenses. And it went a lot further than front 7's and secondaries Montana did. Could you imagine the stats if the LT, Reggie Whites, Bruce Smiths,Ronnie Lotts, DTs....Werent allowed to tackle the QB? Theres been some questionable rule changes over the years. But this roughing rule has completely watered everything down.

As per SC completely Tee Martin and Calloway need to go the offensive play calling and Oline is atrocious. Tbh I think they need to take Heloton with them. Too much talent on this team not playing at the level they should be. Thats bad coaching.SC needs a real coach not a "nice guy"

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recent game footage from the league he actual plays in would be factual to anybody other than you.

Rosen may never have another good game, but I’m at least going to give him credit. This one game is more relevant than any college game. Everybody on this site saw it. All the experts saw it and his team and coaches saw it. You seem to be the only one who is blind. Keep blathering on about the over-exhadurated flag football nonsense. Maybe Rosen will start to play as bad as Darnold so you can be happy again.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't think the majority of these QBs could handle those defenses. And it went a lot further than front 7's and secondaries Montana did. Could you imagine the stats if the LT, Reggie Whites, Bruce Smiths,Ronnie Lotts, DTs....Werent allowed to tackle the QB? Theres been some questionable rule changes over the years. But this roughing rule has completely watered everything down.

As per SC completely Tee Martin and Calloway need to go the offensive play calling and Oline is atrocious. Tbh I think they need to take Heloton with them. Too much talent on this team not playing at the level they should be. Thats bad coaching.SC needs a real coach not a "nice guy"
Agreed. This whole "penalty on every play" thing has killed a lot of my interest in watching. I can't enjoy a play while its happening on TV because I'm too busy looking at the bottom corner of the TV for the yellow penalty flag notice. Its crazy.

Agreed about SC. Way too much talent to be playing this poorly. The lack of discipline and attention to detail by the players is appalling. I swear I'd rather play my 3rd stringers and lose than continue to allow the front liners to refuse to do what I tell them. The late hits, personal fouls, unsportsmanlike conduct and holding penalties are ridiculous. I think they had something like 170yards in penalties last Saturday.
The play calling and O Line failure go hand in hand. I watched, stunned, as the Trojans failed on two 4th and inches plays in the 4th quarter in AZ. The QB was still in shotgun and by the time the ball got back to him and he handed it to the RB the entire AZ D Line was in the backfield. Have they forgotten about the QB getting under Center and making some quick short yardage plays? I don't get it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first rule changes benefiting the offense occurred in the 70s and has continued into this era. Steve Young talked about it on his local show last night. He expects all kinds of records to be broken in the future. He thinks they did it in part to protect the QBs but he also thinks it is to make things easier for the Modern QBs coming into the league to play well

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. This whole "penalty on every play" thing has killed a lot of my interest in watching. I can't enjoy a play while its happening on TV because I'm too busy looking at the bottom corner of the TV for the yellow penalty flag notice. Its crazy.

Agreed about SC. Way too much talent to be playing this poorly. The lack of discipline and attention to detail by the players is appalling. I swear I'd rather play my 3rd stringers and lose than continue to allow the front liners to refuse to do what I tell them. The late hits, personal fouls, unsportsmanlike conduct and holding penalties are ridiculous. I think they had something like 170yards in penalties last Saturday.
The play calling and O Line failure go hand in hand. I watched, stunned, as the Trojans failed on two 4th and inches plays in the 4th quarter in AZ. The QB was still in shotgun and by the time the ball got back to him and he handed it to the RB the entire AZ D Line was in the backfield. Have they forgotten about the QB getting under Center and making some quick short yardage plays? I don't get it.
The constant yellow flags are making NFL unbearable. NFL is moving in the direction of flag football.And it shows in the inflated stats and watered down product.

SC also lost 4 starters on defense due to off season discipline issues. Which is also on Helton imo. Coaching staff has lost control of the team on and off the field. Hoping Swann makes some changes and goes with a legit coach during or after this season

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first rule changes benefiting the offense occurred in the 70s and has continued into this era. Steve Young talked about it on his local show last night. He expects all kinds of records to be broken in the future. He thinks they did it in part to protect the QBs but he also thinks it is to make things easier for the Modern QBs coming into the league to play well
I actually caught the Young quotes. The rules have definitely shifted to the offense. Kurt Warner was pretty vocal on the new roughing rule. Quite a few players have been. The field has been tilted way too far too benefit offenses. Making average QBs appear to be elite. At some point the roughing rule is going to need revision. Otherwise I can see more defensive players suffering injuries. And defenses just basically being there and unable to do their jobs. Theres been a lot of rule changes over the years. But the roughing rule in its current state is killing the actual sport.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it all just fine.

And while I'll never attend a live game or ever own a seasons ticket (various reasons), I'll pay to get the most I can on my TV.

Love those pros.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The constant yellow flags are making NFL unbearable. NFL is moving in the direction of flag football.And it shows in the inflated stats and watered down product.

SC also lost 4 starters on defense due to off season discipline issues. Which is also on Helton imo. Coaching staff has lost control of the team on and off the field. Hoping Swann makes some changes and goes with a legit coach during or after this season
We sat with a dude Saturday who is an assistant dean at one of the colleges at USC, can't remember which, but he said SC low balls coaches salary wise and has a hard time attracting top talent. I wanted them to hire Chris Peterson but this fellow told us that Peterson came away unimpressed with the administration and the athletic department heads at SC and said he felt like they were doing him a favor by interviewing him. Who knows?.

I wonder if it might be a good idea to quit hiring former players like Swann, Haden and Garrett and go with a real professional administrator.

I agree with you that the lack of discipline, both on and off the field, is a real bad look at SC. But I guess we should stop hijacking this thread.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We sat with a dude Saturday who is an assistant dean at one of the colleges at USC, can't remember which, but he said SC low balls coaches salary wise and has a hard time attracting top talent. I wanted them to hire Chris Peterson but this fellow told us that Peterson came away unimpressed with the administration and the athletic department heads at SC and said he felt like they were doing him a favor by interviewing him. Who knows?.

I wonder if it might be a good idea to quit hiring former players like Swann, Haden and Garrett and go with a real professional administrator.

I agree with you that the lack of discipline, both on and off the field, is a real bad look at SC. But I guess we should stop hijacking this thread.
Tbh I didnt consider it hijacking. Since Scoobs seemed to want to think my assessment of Rosen was based on SC. When Rosen literally handed a USC that hasn't played up to their potential easy wins. Along with several other teams UCLA lost due to bad reads, "injuries", issues with hiss team mates and quitting on his teams.....Zona reached pretty hard on the pick and gave up too much imo. He was never the most NFL ready QB. It will take time to see if he does the work and improves or stays healthy. But he does have the awful NFL roughing rule which helps avg QBs tho. Time will tell tho

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbh I didnt consider it hijacking. Since Scoobs seemed to want to think my assessment of Rosen was based on SC. When Rosen literally handed a USC that hasn't played up to their potential easy wins. Along with several other teams UCLA lost due to bad reads, "injuries", issues with hiss team mates and quitting on his teams.....Zona reached pretty hard on the pick and gave up too much imo. He was never the most NFL ready QB. It will take time to see if he does the work and improves or stays healthy. But he does have the awful NFL roughing rule which helps avg QBs tho. Time will tell tho
Makes sense. I get carried away sometimes on things I want to say though and so I try to be careful about not getting off topic because I have a habit of doing it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A
Yea. They were dead in the water with Bradford. :L
And even worse with Rosen. He is awful. He was shit in college and will be shit in the pros.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrendous. His second was just as bad.
Got it. I guess every evaluation out there was wrong.

I want to be respectful when I say this... you are less than smart.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. I guess every evaluation out there was wrong.

I want to be respectful when I say this... you are less than smart.
That came out rude @Montalban . apologies.

Let me rephrase it by saying... you don’t know football.