• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Rosen to start week 4.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree maybe in some sports minor league teams etc....But College Football is an entirely different animal. Theres good reason its got the following it has better product

Tbh I think the NFL continues to slide backwards with rule changes

And targeting isn't even close to the NFL roughing rules.....
So all the greatest college players go to the NFL, yet it is a worse product. Makes perfect sense.

FWIW- I like college ball, there’s just better talent in the NFL.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all the greatest college players go to the NFL, yet it is a worse product. Makes perfect sense.

FWIW- I like college ball, there’s just better talent in the NFL.
Talent is moot when the rules prevent a player from using their talent....Tbh if we want to discuss the NFL in general. With the new roughing rule they have in place. All stats are no longer comparable. Its not close to the same game. The league is watered down now....

I always preferred college football the games hold more meaning. But college football is definitely the better overall product now

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent is moot when the rules prevent a player from using their talent....Tbh if we want to discuss the NFL in general. With the new roughing rule they have in place. All stats are no longer comparable. Its not close to the same game. The league is watered down now....

I always preferred college football the games hold more meaning. But college football is definitely the better overall product now
The majority of the world disagrees, but to each their own.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of the world disagrees, but to each their own.
Ironic considering this board was built on college football......

Michigan Ohio State GDTs get more replies than Super Bowl GDTs....

You may have the illusion most of the world disagrees. But Sonny is correct like the world follows soccer. NFL is marketed much more. But in actuality more people follow college football.....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic considering this board was built on college football......

Michigan Ohio State GDTs get more replies than Super Bowl GDTs....

You may have the illusion most of the world disagrees. But Sonny is correct like the world follows soccer. NFL is marketed much more. But in actuality more people follow college football.....
I tend not to develop facts or opinions based on SportsHoopla activity. I would advise you to do the same.

Sonny also said the NFL dwarfs college in terms of viewership. But I guess those kind of facts don’t fit your narrative, so you just ignore them.

Again, the majority of the world disagrees with you.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend not to develop facts or opinions based on SportsHoopla activity. I would advise you to do the same.

Sonny also said the NFL dwarfs college in terms of viewership. But I guess those kind of facts don’t fit your narrative, so you just ignore them.

Again, the majority of the world disagrees with you.
You could use any data you would like. NFL is marketing. Bigger cities does not equal bigger scale. If you actually look at it on a scale throughout the US. College teams have the bigger fan bases. Big picture college actually dwarfs the NFL. Like soccer dwarfs sports around the world.....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could use any data you would like. NFL is marketing. Bigger cities does not equal bigger scale. If you actually look at it on a scale throughout the US. College teams have the bigger fan bases. Big picture college actually dwarfs the NFL. Like soccer dwarfs sports around the world.....

Uh, Ok, and I really could care less.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pros.

Better.

Case closed.
I mean, technically that’s true. By definition the players are better. Only a small fraction of guys who play in college make it to the next level. This all goes without saying.

That doesn’t equal a better product to watch, follow, or get into as a fan though.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, technically that’s true. By definition the players are better. Only a small fraction of guys who play in college make it to the next level. This all goes without saying.

That doesn’t equal a better product to watch, follow, or get into as a fan though.
This is true. Like Sonny said, it’s all about preference

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure NCAA's have this targeting rule see... auto-ejection even

The NFL will likely tone down the RTP rules per rapsheet. Football is struggling to adapt to a new world.

How about Jimbo assaulting a player on the sideline?

Both leagues have added absolute garbage rules lately but nothing touches "targeting" as far as full blown retard shit. That's the only rule where I consistently feel bad for the guy getting penalized because 80% of the time it's just somebody trying to make a play. You see some of these fifth year seniors with no pro aspirations getting thrown out of the last game they play at the collegiate level because the guy they tackled lowered his head before making contact and the refs are too fucking dumb to just call it right.

utah-state-targeting-1.gif

That Utah State kid got ejected for that.

The new NFL roughing rules are dumb, but this is like Vince Young level dumb.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both leagues have added absolute garbage rules lately but nothing touches "targeting" as far as full blown retard shit. That's the only rule where I consistently feel bad for the guy getting penalized because 80% of the time it's just somebody trying to make a play. You see some of these fifth year seniors with no pro aspirations getting thrown out of the last game they play at the collegiate level because the guy they tackled lowered his head before making contact and the refs are too fucking dumb to just call it right.

utah-state-targeting-1.gif

That Utah State kid got ejected for that.

The new NFL roughing rules are dumb, but this is like Vince Young level dumb.
Not a fan of targeting. Justin was hit with a bad targeting call against Texas a few weeks ago. But a big part of the problem with targeting is the inconsistency. Its basically been a judgement call for officials. Tbh I would prefer the either got rid of targeting or adapted the rule to a yardage foul.

But I cant say its as bad as the roughing rule. To say you cant land with body weight etc..On a QB is just weak imo. I tried watching a few NFL games and it was literally unbearable. Non stop flags like the QB is untouchable.

I also think its inflated stats its literally impossible to compare players now. A QB Marino may have thrown for 100k with the cushion QBs get now

How have you been cave?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of targeting. Justin was hit with a bad targeting call against Texas a few weeks ago. But a big part of the problem with targeting is the inconsistency. Its basically been a judgement call for officials. Tbh I would prefer the either got rid of targeting or adapted the rule to a yardage foul.

But I cant say its as bad as the roughing rule. To say you cant land with body weight etc..On a QB is just weak imo. I tried watching a few NFL games and it was literally unbearable. Non stop flags like the QB is untouchable.

I also think its inflated stats its literally impossible to compare players now. A QB Marino may have thrown for 100k with the cushion QBs get now

How have you been cave?
It's really the automatic ejection that puts targeting over the top IMO. That, and having to sit around for 3 minutes for a review every single time they call that particular foul. Just makes it impossible to watch.

I often have to get up from the TV and work on my Full House/iCarly crossover fan fiction. I guess that gives you an idea of how I've been: Fucking fantastic.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read this entire thread, I just got finished watching the condensed version on Game Pass.

Rosen looked poised. AZ could've likely won that game if it wasn't for 5-6 easy drops by receivers. Those were not Josh's fault.

Not sure if he'll be a franchise QB or not but he certainly didn't hurt his team tonight.

Congrats on your first NFL TD Josh.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read this entire thread, I just got finished watching the condensed version on Game Pass.

Rosen looked poised. AZ could've likely won that game if it wasn't for 5-6 easy drops by receivers. Those were not Josh's fault.

Not sure if he'll be a franchise QB or not but he certainly didn't hurt his team tonight.

agree with this assessment, looks as good as rosen that everyones slobbing

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also watch the World Cup and Euro Cup , but not regular soccer. In states like Texas they shut down their businesses to go watch High school football on Friday nights. Point is in sports its about the passion of the fans, and you can't decide which one is better. You couldn't pay me to watch Golf or racing but not gonna go around and say its sucks, 100's of millions watch , so it can't.

If you ever experience a Alabama, Georgia ,LSU etc tailgate it bigger and better than the pros 100k fans

Not concerned about tailgating. Don't attend live.

I just can't be bothered watching kids.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree maybe in some sports minor league teams etc....But College Football is an entirely different animal. Theres good reason its got the following it has better product

Tbh I think the NFL continues to slide backwards with rule changes

And targeting isn't even close to the NFL roughing rules.....

No good reason.

Pros are better.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd rather watch CFL pros than college kids.

Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah means nothing to me.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. If this one game was a sample of things to come, I am excited about the future. It's only one game however.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been pretty suspicious anti-Rosen people just don't like his personality, it's not actually about his quarterbacking. This past Sunday is not helping me be dissuaded from that opinion.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been pretty suspicious anti-Rosen people just don't like his personality, it's not actually about his quarterbacking. This past Sunday is not helping me be dissuaded from that opinion.
Is it weird that the majority of them are USC fans?

Since his post draft, less than impressive, interview. He has said all the right things.

I will admit he has a punchable face, so if that's your reason to hate, roll with it.