• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Brown Admits to Abusing Wife

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love that, but how do you do that? Do you take out the guessing and just go on the facts?

Woman accuses player on twitter of beating her, but no other facts are able to be found to collaborate story?

Woman accuses player of grabbing her wrist, and investigation leads to no facts and prosecution drops case?

Woman accuses player of punching her in the face, but no facts back it up and case is dropped because investigation determines player was in another state at the time of the alleged incident? 6 months later witnesses are found to be lying and video of guy punching her is found.

Woman accuses player of grabbing her and throwing her to the ground but player says she was trying to harm herself and he was trying to save her, but no prosecution and claim is dropped? 6 months later video found showing player pulling her back from balcony ledge where she was trying to commit suicide.

Mom accuses player of verbal domestic violence, player also involved in contentious court battle with her over her stealing his money/property?

All get 6 games?

During allof those scenarios, while facts are being gathered the player is supposed to be on the Commissioners exempt list. Josh was not. There was underhanded bullshit going on here.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. That's quite a massive fraud there, as Goodell has completely recused himself from any player punishments in March before that investigation even started.

I guess I'd like to see the facts first before buying that.

All I know is what I've heard said on TV (yesterday AM for example) and other places. He didn't want to automatically suspend Brown for 6 because they were having a hard time getting the facts. No video anywhere. Some doohinkus in the NFL security side of things inquired with his home email account of Seattle area coppers and they ignored him because he didn't sound "official" Some sherriff actually said as much in print somewhere.

So they didn't hammer him. Not until just recently and they still haven't hammered him, he's on a fully paid leave as we speak. Commissioner's list or some such drivel.

And again, no facts didn't stop him from doing the Brady thing.

And again, Goodell is a massive dick.....

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wrote about it in his journal? What is he, a 12 year old girl? Too bad OJ didn't have a journal........

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During allof those scenarios, while facts are being gathered the player is supposed to be on the Commissioners exempt list. Josh was not. There was underhanded bullshit going on here.

Well the case was dropped before the season, the punishment based on the facts were handed out before the season, then months later the police put out new information.

Maybe have a 1-2 year waiting period where anyone accused goes on the exempt list for say 18 months no matter what? Then after that give the suspension or let them know that the league found that they did nothing wrong and move on?

So, Cam gets accused on twitter of hitting a woman who claims she slept with him. 18 month commissioner exempt list to make sure all facts are found and give everyone plenty of time to put out any new information that the league may not have had. Then give him a 1 game suspension as no evidence was found on the twitter claim and move on. He's able to start the 2018 season free and clear.

Last edited:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is what I've heard said on TV (yesterday AM for example) and other places. He didn't want to automatically suspend Brown for 6 because they were having a hard time getting the facts. No video anywhere. Some doohinkus in the NFL security side of things inquired with his home email account of Seattle area coppers and they ignored him because he didn't sound "official" Some sherriff actually said as much in print somewhere.

So they didn't hammer him. Not until just recently and they still haven't hammered him, he's on a fully paid leave as we speak. Commissioner's list or some such drivel.

And again, no facts didn't stop him from doing the Brady thing.

And again, Goodell is a massive dick.....

So I guess the moral of this story is everyone can be quick to judge based on the immediate information they have... except B. Todd Jones.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the case was dropped before the season, the punishment based on the facts were handed out before the season, then 6 months later the police put out new information.

Maybe have a 1-2 year waiting period where anyone accused goes on the exempt list for say 18 months no matter what? Then after that give the suspension or let them know that the league found that they did nothing wrong and move on?

The facts I heard was that the NFL knew about this back during the 2015 season and did a "protracted investigation". Then why if it was even for a day was he not on the Commissioners list? The answer is because then the media would hear about it and Mara would look like a two faced asshole for saying they won't allow a wife beater on their team when he knew full well he intended to sign that wife-beater to a new contract.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The facts I heard was that the NFL knew about this back during the 2015 season and did a "protracted investigation". Then why if it was even for a day was he not on the Commissioners list? The answer is because then the media would hear about it and Mara would look like a two faced asshole for saying they won't allow a wife beater on their team when he knew full well he intended to sign that wife-beater to a new contract.

Yes, may of last year.. then 15 months later we get new information that shows he wasn't completely innocent of all wrongdoing like the police report said.

So maybe we need mandatory 2 year field ban before any suspension can be handed out so all the pertinent information can be found?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the moral of this story is everyone can be quick to judge based on the immediate information they have... except B. Todd Jones.

Who is rushing? Here is a well written and updated story for your pleasure:

Giants, Josh Brown, NFL under fire: How we got here

tl:dr version
Arrested (meaning NFL and Giants knew) for DA in May 2015
April 2016 Giants resign him
August 2017 NFL announces a suspension

NFL admits they knew about this in May 2015. They say they did a 10 month investigation. During that time, since he had been arrested he should have had a clinical review and should have been on the commissioners exempt list.

Any other ways you want to defend this piece of shit?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, may of last year.. then 15 months later we get new information that shows he wasn't completely innocent of all wrongdoing like the police report said.

So maybe we need mandatory 2 year field ban before any suspension can be handed out so all the pertinent information can be found?

So the NFL investigated, so they say, and couldn't find anything. Then the day after a suspension the details come out, and more. Then a single phone call gets all of the police files.

bullshit.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is rushing? Here is a well written and updated story for your pleasure:

Giants, Josh Brown, NFL under fire: How we got here

tl:dr version
Arrested (meaning NFL and Giants knew) for DA in May 2015
April 2016 Giants resign him
August 2017 NFL announces a suspension

NFL admits they knew about this in May 2015. They say they did a 10 month investigation. During that time, since he had been arrested he should have had a clinical review and should have been on the commissioners exempt list.

Any other ways you want to defend this piece of shit?

Beating Women <<<<<<<< Deflating a football.... Duh!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I think being suspended with full pay and benefits could be worse while they decide.

Regardless, Brown himself has admitted he did it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think being suspended with full pay and benefits could be worse while they decide.

And anyone attempting to find that truth out could have done so very easily. But the NFL and the Giants want us to believe they honestly tried to get facts and couldn't? Give me a break.

Fire Goodell, fine the Giants, ban Brown, and take cap space

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And anyone attempting to find that truth out could have done so very easily. But the NFL and the Giants want us to believe they honestly tried to get facts and couldn't? Give me a break.

Fire Goodell, fine the Giants, ban Brown, and take cap space

How do you get that? I mean the attorneys aren't letting it out, we already know the cops didn't let any info out. Brown obviously didn't share this. I guess maybe the NFL needs a group of PI's that go outside the law to get what they want.

I guess I'd like to see the proof the NFL knew more before saying that B. Todd Jones knew more before handing down that punishment. I guess I'd rather not jump to conclusions that the NFL messed up by jumping to conclusions.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes he has. There's new information on the case now. But it's like the court system. They can't just keep you on trial for 2 years hoping maybe some new information will come out.

Now you retry based on new information you have, and my guess is Brown's NFL career is over.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NFL investigated, so they say, and couldn't find anything. Then the day after a suspension the details come out, and more. Then a single phone call gets all of the police files.

bullshit.

Interesting... So we are jumping to conclusions and bashing the NFL because they jumped to conclusions?

All it took was one phone call? In the 16+ months that's been it? Did they ask the same people?, did SNY find someone who was willing to illegally release a closed police investigation while the NFL used the legal channels to ask?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not condoning abuse but I'm a little tired of all this shit. If an offense doesn't land a player in jail, then why shouldn't he be able to work?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you get that? I mean the attorneys aren't letting it out, we already know the cops didn't let any info out. Brown obviously didn't share this. I guess maybe the NFL needs a group of PI's that go outside the law to get what they want.

I guess I'd like to see the proof the NFL knew more before saying that B. Todd Jones knew more before handing down that punishment. I guess I'd rather not jump to conclusions that the NFL messed up by jumping to conclusions.

Read the link I supplied. The media has had no issues making single phone calls and getting all of the info we now have. 10 months of looking would have easily found the same. They may not have known. It's pretty easy to not know when you aren't actually looking.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting... So we are jumping to conclusions and bashing the NFL because they jumped to conclusions?

All it took was one phone call? In the 16+ months that's been it? Did they ask the same people?, did SNY find someone who was willing to illegally release a closed police investigation while the NFL used the legal channels to ask?

When the news came public the media found more than the NFL says they knew the next day. Then the NJ newpaper said they made one call to the police who handed over everything else that we now know about, like the confession letter and diary.

If the NFL were looking, they too would have found that info. To believe otherwise is absurd.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not condoning abuse but I'm a little tired of all this shit. If an offense doesn't land a player in jail, then why shouldn't he be able to work?

Because the rules the employer has set forward says that he can't. First time domestic abuse is an auto 6 game suspension. That is clear as day. Unless you work for Mara, then the NFL will cover up as long as they can and reduce the suspension by 1/6th.

Smoking pot in Denver also won't land a player in jail, but it will get him suspended.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the rules the employer has set forward says that he can't. First time domestic abuse is an auto 6 game suspension. That is clear as day. Unless you work for Mara, then the NFL will cover up as long as they can and reduce the suspension by 1/6th.

Smoking pot in Denver also won't land a player in jail, but it will get him suspended.

No first time domestic abuse isn't an automatic 6 game suspension. Read the rules. Granted that is the part the press got on.