• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some interesting little stats/points/comments

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope we take that hit next year, better than spreading $10M over two years. Take the hit next year, draft defense heavy, then in the offseason after 2017 go shopping for the best impact DL on the market. The offense will still be here, we will have the Romo cap hell over, we will hopefully have a full season of Jaylon plus whomever we draft after this year, and will know what we need to address in FA. I have no problems going and getting the next "Deion" that could make this team a legit SB threat.

I think we are serious threat right now. A lot of this stuff now is "in the moment". In this moment right now we are a top 3 team in the league. The eye test says we are as does the record. Carolina 10 months ago could beat anyone. Right now they got beat 40-7. Same can be said for the Cards and maybe GB. Things change so fast.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether a trade or an outright release, Dallas is going to accumulate $19,600,000 in dead money going against the 2017 cap from Romo moving on. With that in mind, I imagine Dallas is going to make every attempt to land Romo in a good home, but will maximize whatever return it can get for Tony Romo.

If a team believes Romo is healthy and can still play for a little while, he has manageable base salaries for a QB of his caliber (if healthy) the next 3 seasons. So the contract itself shouldn't be an obstacle to trading him. Some teams may consider the contract an asset if they believe Tony is healthy.

If two seasons of a reasonably priced Sam Bradford was worth a 1st and a 4th, then three seasons of a reasonably priced Romo should fetch something decent. Both QBs carry considerable injury risk. I think it's possible Dallas could land a conditional 1st round pick for Romo.
If he's traded or released pist June 1st, 2017 his dead money is 10.7M.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or what if we don't win the Super Bowl???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...yea no question Romo is chomping at the bit.

I do see that as the best option. I sure as hell would like to see him start a game.
I would take it a step further even. If we are leading games late I would start getting Romo some snaps even in the next few weeks. I know that isn't the "norm" for a backup QB, but he isn't the normal backup. Although not likely, we could clinch HFA this week. Playing Romo would get him ready if needed, showcase him for a trade and keep Dak healthy. The downside of getting him a lot of snaps is that (as we have all seen lately) he could very easily get injured.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense still has got to get turnovers in the playoffs if this team is going to advance. it does look like #90 is starting to become a factor. it does seem that the Cowboys have best chance to get to SB since 2007.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Tappers back is going to heal? if it does he will help the defense next year

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's critical we finish with homefield. I'd put us even money if that's the case. Seattle looked good last night, playing them at our place might make all the difference
I agree. Two more wins will sew up the Home field. Come on Greenbay this week. We only have to worry about Detroit/Giants/ and Seattle. After Greenbay, the hawks have a very easy schedule. I am also keeping an eye the Giant/Detroit game. If we don't beat the giants, we can still clinch the division with a win over Tampa. I like our chances!!!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope we take that hit next year, better than spreading $10M over two years. Take the hit next year, draft defense heavy, then in the offseason after 2017 go shopping for the best impact DL on the market. The offense will still be here, we will have the Romo cap hell over, we will hopefully have a full season of Jaylon plus whomever we draft after this year, and will know what we need to address in FA. I have no problems going and getting the next "Deion" that could make this team a legit SB threat.

Totally agree with taking the hit next year. Draft defense. I would also love to get a game changer free agent like Vernon, but with that hit, it seems unlikely.